Oblivian
    Oblivian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 721

I've never had an issue with Luca, but he came across very arrogant and condescending on Sherdog. Not necessarily to me ever, but to others. I don't really give a shit about that though. On this forum and elsewhere, he seems a lot less arrogant and condescending. Either way, he still brings good insight.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

I did not take offense to Luca at all...he offered his opinions backed with facts...that's what the forums are for isn't it? educated back and forth exchanges..

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Fury View Post
    Well, sorry if it came across that way. I felt like I was just giving my opinion. Didn't mean to discredit others, but I do have my own opinions and stick to them.

It's funny that before the fight, everyone was saying stuff like "good point" and "thanks for the info" in response to what I was saying. But now that the pick was wrong, that's suddenly changed to "you're so so arrogant."
    Fair nuff, just trying to explain what I thought others were feeling. I'm totally ambivalent, I think you're a good capper and I respect your opinion. I was on Brenneman by dec or Silva by finish and it worked out for me in the end so I don't particularly care. Cheers though, personally I'm interested in your picks for FX 4.

SmoovCruz
    Update your status
    SmoovCruz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chael Sonnen = Luca Fury
    Wanderlei Silva = Crassus

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Rock on PEAVER!!!!

Nice easy hit pal!

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Rock on PEAVER!!!!

Nice easy hit pal!
    thanks pal, cu next month to throw your ass in the shark tank!!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    thanks pal, cu next month to throw your ass in the shark tank!!
    Sounds good

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

Wow, just heard Charlie Brenneman's coach died before the fight. Wish word got out before hand. Definitely wouldn't have bet him if I knew that, although it might not have made any difference. Although it might have been the reason that he, a guy known for being tough and never quitting, gave up.

Not making excuses or anything, just thinking out loud.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Wow, just heard Charlie Brenneman's coach died before the fight. Wish word got out before hand. Definitely wouldn't have bet him if I knew that, although it might not have made any difference. Although it might have been the reason that he, a guy known for being tough and never quitting, gave up.

yeah, he may certainly not of been in the best frame of mind. But on the flipside I guess u could argue from a more romanticized view tht if anything it would make them more determined to not give up and battle through the pain in honour and all tht.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by SmoovCruz View Post

Chael Sonnen = Luca Fury
    Wanderlei Silva = Crassus
    I have a badass hat.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

JUN 09
    Don Messing - One of the Greatest Men I Knew

One of my best friends, who also happened to be my Strength and Conditioning coach, passed away on Thursday. To say he was honest, selfless, enthusiastic, passionate, loyal, and a great friend would be an understatement. He was truly one of the best men I have ever met. There isn’t anything he wouldn’t have done for another person. I am one of the many people who looked at him as a best friend. The truth is, there are many people out there who feel the same way, because when he was with you, he was totally with you.
    One random day several years ago, as I drove by No Limits Personal Training on my way to substitute teach, I decided to give him a call. From the absolute first second I heard his voice on his voicemail (“Hi, this is Don Messing of No Limits Personal Training”), I could almost foresee our future. To be honest, I had nothing to really offer Don at that time. I was not w/ the UFC, nor was there any guarantee that I would make it, I didn’t have any money to give him - all I had was a passion that he respected and wanted to see fulfilled. And from that day on, we were a team. I don’t know if I had a bigger supporter.
    As I alluded to earlier, I am confident that just as I feel now, he made every single person who walked into his gym feel the same way. He was there for others. I’ve never seen, and keep in mind I am around world class fighters regularly, anyone push themselves how he did. The work, the training, training others, his strict regimen, his time dedicated to his passions (kayaking, biking, running, camping, bodybuilding, dieting) - he truly made the most of every minute he had on earth.
    Don and I had big plans, and I will never forget those plans. One of the lasting memories I will thankfully have forever is our Spaniard Fit. I smile just thinking about it. He must have rolled his eyes every time I expressed my particulars into what exactly I wanted. It was a business that our minds put together, and something I will carry on in his name.
    We, I mostly, often joked about me being a prima dona. As you train so intensely on a regular basis, things can often go stale. That being said, he was ALWAYS, ALWAYS looking to improve our training, to research new and different training methods. He never rolled his eyes or “yes’d” me. He was that sincere in maximizing my potential and giving me the best training possible. That was one of the best things about our relationship. I could openly express my thoughts, and he could openly express his feelings right back. We’d talk for a few minutes, get our game plan, and then attack it. It was not easy, logistically, our training. I live nearly an hour away from his gym. Because of how busy I was, he would actually take time out of his work day, drive an hour to NJ, train me, then drive an hour home. Well, actually, he’d often times request that I bought him some all-you-can-eat sushi in return It was the least I could do. And the best part was the look on the waitress’s face when he ordered five or six rolls to start, and continued at that pace for quite some time. He gave a new meaning to “All You Can Eat”. They should’ve called it “All Don Can Eat”.
    I often asked him what he got out of Personal Training, what was the reason he dedicated himself so much to his profession. As we all want to have money, this was perhaps the least important aspect of his job. I’d often tell him that he was too generous, even to me. His message was simple, and to paraphrase what he said, “The people who come to me need help, and I can help them. I know that if they follow my advice, their lives will be improved greatly. That’s was drives me.” That was it. He wanted to help people.
    I am a religious person. I believe in God, angels, fate, prayers. That is how I was raised, and it is my core. In believing such, in Don, we only had one person w/ his passion. Maybe God saw that in taking Don, we now have the hundreds of people he touched spreading his passion, and for that, the world is a better place. That’s what helps me sleep at night.
    My mom always says God gives us tests. This is a test for all of us who knew Don.
    No Limits Personal Training, No Limits Personal Training, No Limits Personal Training!!!
    And if you ever watch my blogs, THIS, what you just read, is “My Strength Coach Don Messing of No Limits Personal Training.”
    I love you man.
    Charlie “The Spaniard” Brenneman

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 06-24-15 at 11:50 AM. Reason: image does not exist

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

seth bacsynski strikes again.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vaughany

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    seth bacsynski strikes again.

First ... 3456