Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

June mma news

Link Not Working - Removed-)
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-16-14 at 02:26 PM.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

injury bug in full effect recently

alves is out against siyar
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-16-14 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

Thor4140

Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-16-14 at 02:27 PM.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Condit would fight Kampmann if GSP is not ready in November

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Apparently he doesnt have a broken hand

Beelzebubzy

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Apparently he doesnt have a broken hand
    what

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Dunno, sure I read somewhere earlier tht Swedish site was saying it was false and his hand is fine

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Use google translate...
    Dont always believe what u read people!
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-16-14 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

Beelzebubzy

ok throw him in with SHogun then. Give winner a title shot after Hendo gets RNC'ed

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

ha yea, makes sense dont it

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

haha good banter

Beelzebubzy

ha yea, makes sense dont it
    Junkie has an article on Mauler. No mention of broken hand. Wants late summer return.
    I say move Shogun to 151 vs Gustaffson as Co Main.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-16-14 at 02:27 PM.

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

Shogun vs Gustaffson, winner for TS makes no sense, Shogun comes from 2 losses. The most sense fight now is Bader vs Gustaffson for TS.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Stann out of Lombard fight apparently

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Wow BJ Penn is such a gamer, he would fight Carwin if it was sanctioned

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

"To the death Rory, to the death, I'm not gonna stop!"

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quite possible BJ does die.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Am I the only one that's getting the mmajunkie.com "down for maintenance" message for the last few days?

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Brandon Vera vs Shogun Rua to headline UFC on FOX 4.

FUUUUCCCCCK.

Not only is this a terrible fight but I maxed out James Te Huna at EVEN when that whack line was released on Bookmaker. (Arb or not), that's free money down the toilet...

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    Am I the only one that's getting the mmajunkie.com "down for maintenance" message for the last few days?
    It's up for me.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-16-14 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    Brandon Vera vs Shogun Rua to headline UFC on FOX 4.

FUUUUCCCCCK.

Not only is this a terrible fight but I maxed out James Te Huna at EVEN when that whack line was released on Bookmaker. (Arb or not), that's free money down the toilet...
    Yeah these constant injuries and changes are getting annoying

Thor4140

Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-16-14 at 02:28 PM.

Beelzebubzy

Bjs cardio and past suggest otherwise

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Bjs cardio and past suggest otherwise
    BJ is a lot like Baroni. They tell ya how wonderful camp was and how fit they are and then the same thing happens. With BJ tho at least he has talent.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

SUNRISE, Fla. – To hear Dana White tell it, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua really doesn't want to fight Glover Teixeira.

That news came out earlier this month. But on Friday, White expanded on Rua's decision to turn down a fight with the new UFC light heavyweight prospect – saying the former champion was even willing to be released from the organization rather than take a fight with Teixeira.

"He would rather be cut than fight him," White said following Friday's post-fight press conference for UFC on FX 3.

Rua was scheduled to face Thiago Silva at UFC 149 next month, but Silva fell off the card with an injury. And as MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) first reported earlier this month, the UFC asked Rua to take on fellow Brazilian Teixeira, who this past month debuted in the promotion with a first-round submission of Kyle Kingsbury to extend his winning streak to 16.

With Rua turning down that fight, he was shifted earlier this week to the headlining spot of UFC on FOX 4 in August, where he'll now meet Brandon Vera.

"No (I'm not OK with him saying that)," White said of Rua. "But you know what? It's one of those very weird situations to hear one of the top-five guys in the world say, 'I'd rather be cut than fight a guy who isn't ranked,' and the reason they were saying that was, 'Oh, he's not top 10.' But then we offered him Brandon Vera and he took it in two seconds – and Vera isn't top 10 either."

The new situation does have some benefits, White said. With a previous UFC on FOX 4 headlining fight between Brian Stann and Hector Lombard falling off with a Stann injury, White can now headline the next FOX broadcast with Rua, who has not fought since a November loss to Dan Henderson at UFC 139 that was instantly regarded as an all-time classic.

"'Shogun's' on free TV (now), and he's coming off one of the greatest fights ever in mixed-martial-arts history," White told MMAjunkie.com.

But the whole situation still appears to have left White a little baffled at Rua and his team's stance on turning the proposed Teixeira fight down – especially with the threat of a possible pink slip.

"The reality is, 'Shogun' is a guy whom I respect," White said. "The guy's been through a million wars with all the best guys in the world. But for some reason, he does not want to fight this dude Glover. And you know me – if you don't want me to tell the truth, don't say stuff to me on the phone. That's exactly what happened. That's exactly the way it went down. And me and (UFC CEO) Lorenzo (Fertitta) said, 'Look, you can't turn down fights at this level. The money you're making and where you are ranked in the world, you don't turn down fights at this level. We might have to cut you.' He said, 'I'd rather be cut than fight him.'"

Rua, of course, has not been cut and will fight Vera in August, perhaps leaving White and the UFC brass wondering about a fight that might have been. Teixeira, meanwhile, still does not have his next fight booked.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-16-14 at 02:28 PM.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shogun just robbed many on this forum from some easy money. I was able to get several bets in on Te Huna at +money. Complete disaster pulling a fight that would probably generate a lot of action and replacing it with something like this.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/29131/dana...r-teixeira.mma

SUNRISE, Fla. – To hear Dana White tell it, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua really doesn't want to fight Glover Teixeira.

That news came out earlier this month. But on Friday, White expanded on Rua's decision to turn down a fight with the new UFC light heavyweight prospect – saying the former champion was even willing to be released from the organization rather than take a fight with Teixeira.

"He would rather be cut than fight him," White said following Friday's post-fight press conference for UFC on FX 3.

Rua was scheduled to face Thiago Silva at UFC 149 next month, but Silva fell off the card with an injury. And as MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) first reported earlier this month, the UFC asked Rua to take on fellow Brazilian Teixeira, who this past month debuted in the promotion with a first-round submission of Kyle Kingsbury to extend his winning streak to 16.

With Rua turning down that fight, he was shifted earlier this week to the headlining spot of UFC on FOX 4 in August, where he'll now meet Brandon Vera.

"No (I'm not OK with him saying that)," White said of Rua. "But you know what? It's one of those very weird situations to hear one of the top-five guys in the world say, 'I'd rather be cut than fight a guy who isn't ranked,' and the reason they were saying that was, 'Oh, he's not top 10.' But then we offered him Brandon Vera and he took it in two seconds – and Vera isn't top 10 either."

The new situation does have some benefits, White said. With a previous UFC on FOX 4 headlining fight between Brian Stann and Hector Lombard falling off with a Stann injury, White can now headline the next FOX broadcast with Rua, who has not fought since a November loss to Dan Henderson at UFC 139 that was instantly regarded as an all-time classic.

"'Shogun's' on free TV (now), and he's coming off one of the greatest fights ever in mixed-martial-arts history," White told MMAjunkie.com.

But the whole situation still appears to have left White a little baffled at Rua and his team's stance on turning the proposed Teixeira fight down – especially with the threat of a possible pink slip.

"The reality is, 'Shogun' is a guy whom I respect," White said. "The guy's been through a million wars with all the best guys in the world. But for some reason, he does not want to fight this dude Glover. And you know me – if you don't want me to tell the truth, don't say stuff to me on the phone. That's exactly what happened. That's exactly the way it went down. And me and (UFC CEO) Lorenzo (Fertitta) said, 'Look, you can't turn down fights at this level. The money you're making and where you are ranked in the world, you don't turn down fights at this level. We might have to cut you.' He said, 'I'd rather be cut than fight him.'"

Rua, of course, has not been cut and will fight Vera in August, perhaps leaving White and the UFC brass wondering about a fight that might have been. Teixeira, meanwhile, still does not have his next fight booked.
    Rua has been in some brutal wars and Dana wants to throw him right into what could be another brutal war. I like Dana and all but how many brutal wars does he think a guy can take? shogun might have given Dana the best match in MMa history and now Dana is slamming Shogun? Dana isn't the guy that is getting into these brutal wars.

Thor4140

Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-16-14 at 02:30 PM.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Evan Tanner: "Im in the best shape of my life". Rematch with The Elements Confirmed.

In an Official Interview with mmaweekly.net executive Damon Helweani, Evan Tanner went into details about his last defeat in MMA and his next run for the title.

DH: How have you trained during this rather long layoff?

Evan: Been keeping in Phenominal shape since my last loss, as you can see from this photo from Training Camp:

The Elements, the last person to defeat Tanner in MMA, has began his drop to WW. He defeated Tanner via KO(Exposure) at 4:13 of the second round.

DH:What do you have to say about The Elements dropping down to WW?

Evan:I don't blame him at all. Maybe the lack of competition at 185 will force Anderson Silva to stop being a pussy and move up. As you can tell from the picture from my training camp, I am ready for 170 with room to spare, im in the best shape of my life.

DH: What will you do differently to train for your rematch with The Elements?

Evan: Not making any excuses, but I was severely dehydrated in my last bout which lead to me losing a closely contested bout. This fight will be a much smoother weight cut and I will be well prepared. __________________

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

oooooooooooooooooo

Thor4140

Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-16-14 at 02:30 PM.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

I heard Zuffa was buying k-1, is that rumor old news?

12 Last