Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Winkyi Wright?

WINKI At what point do we start talking about the tremendous value he is offering us this Saturday(6/2)?

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Winky + Saturday = trip to pluto

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quillin's going to destroy Wright. Maybe if he was +650ish.

Nick Papageorgio

Squares

AraiWa
    One bet away
    AraiWa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

No way Stinky Winky will win this fight. He's a fighter that relies on timing and speed. He hasn't fought in 3 years (lost), hasn't won a fight in six years, and hasn't knocked anyone out in more than ten years. He hasn't really had a good win in seven years and that was Sam Soliman who while a rugged, difficult fighter, was very beatable. This says quite alot. He's not going to win this fight unless Quillen trips and breaks his ankle (knock on wood) so I think it's a waste of dough. Perhaps a better wager would be the over/under @ 9 1/2 rounds. Personally, I think that while Quillen has power, his opposition has been less than stellar. Fighting C and D level fighters is where most guys with decent to good power guys rack up their knockouts. When they reach the elite level, or the A and B level, unless a fighter has one punch power, the knockout ratio will drop off. In Wright, even though he's well past his prime, he's facing a skilled veteran who knows how to survive. I think Quillen will have his hands full at times and the fight will go the distance, maybe 8 rounds to 4. So, my pick is the over 9 1/2. But the over is -390 and unless I decide to throw that in a two pick parlay, I'd pass on it.
    Last edited by AraiWa; 06-01-12 at 08:13 AM.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by AraiWa View Post
    No way Stinky Winky will win this fight. He's a fighter that relies on timing and speed. He hasn't fought in 3 years (lost), hasn't won a fight in six years, and hasn't knocked anyone out in more than ten years. He hasn't really had a good win in seven years and that was Sam Soliman who while a rugged, difficult fighter, was very beatable. This says quite alot. He's not going to win this fight unless Quillen trips and breaks his ankle (knock on wood) so I think it's a waste of dough. Perhaps a better wager would be the over/under @ 9 1/2 rounds. Personally, I think that while Quillen has power, his opposition has been less than stellar. Fighting C and D level fighters is where most guys with decent to good power guys rack up their knockouts. When they reach the elite level, or the A and B level, unless a fighter has one punch power, the knockout ratio will drop off. In Wright, even though he's well past his prime, he's facing a skilled veteran who knows how to survive. I think Quillen will have his hands full at times and the fight will go the distance, maybe 8 rounds to 4. So, my pick is the over 9 1/2. But the over is -390 and unless I decide to throw that in a two pick parlay, I'd pass on it.
    good analysis here. are you an mma guy also?

welcome to the board. i hope you post more often as you seem to know your stuff, but more importantly, i really enjoy looking at your avatar.

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

The over looks good

AraiWa
    One bet away

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    good analysis here. are you an mma guy also?

welcome to the board. i hope you post more often as you seem to know your stuff, but more importantly, i really enjoy looking at your avatar.
    Thanks, I like the avatar too!

Just for the record, the fight is only 10 rounds. If it goes the distance I'm going to say 8-2.

I just found out Wright was dropped with a body shot by a young prospect, Trevor McCumby. Since I haven't put in the wager yet I'm going to change my pick to the under. If he's getting dropped by body shots, there's probably a decent chance he'll get dropped by Quillen. I'll go small on the under 9 1/2 at +300 at The Greek.

I know my fair share about MMA and will bet on it once in a while but boxing is my thing. Last week I bet on the Dos Santos fight, under with Jr. winning. That was my only MMA wager.
    Last edited by AraiWa; 06-01-12 at 11:37 AM.

Nick Papageorgio

What time will winkis trip to pluto be leaving, he got no where near KOed.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papageorgio View Post
    What time will winkis trip to pluto be leaving, he got no where near KOed.
    He still...you know...lost.

Nick Papageorgio

"Going to pluto" has never ment lose a fight from what i can recall.

DeFactoCrippler

"Going to pluto" has never ment lose a fight from what i can recall.
    "Pluto" is where those stars be, niqqa. I didn't see the fight but from my understanding he dropped winky twice in that 5th round. You think you dont see stars when you get dropped?

You catch yourself back talking me again niqqa you might find out first hand.

Nick Papageorgio

Flash knockdown pal and it was only 1. He hammered Winki with a way harder shot in the 7th or 8th, can't recall exactly. Going to pluto has always been KOed from my understanding, way too hard to KO Winki, man still has an iron chin. Too rusty in the end was the demise of Winki.

DeFactoCrippler

Flash knockdown pal and it was only 1. He hammered Winki with a way harder shot in the 7th or 8th, can't recall exactly. Going to pluto has always been KOed from my understanding, way too hard to KO Winki, man still has an iron chin. Too rusty in the end was the demise of Winki.
    I'm waiting for the video to be put on youtube. I'm reading winky engaged him, I thought he was just going to run for a paycheck. I never heard anyone say "send him to pluto" before Quillen. I took it to mean KO as well just trying to make excuses for my boy.

That was still an easy play on Quillen, focking boxing man they just dig up "names" for these guys.

Nick Papageorgio

Had no idea quillen said that pal, but I have heard the term before. I think Winki would have done a ton better if he had a warm up bout say 6-8 months ago minimum. Like to see him take on someone else pretty soon, think he will do a ton better and be a very lively dog now that the rust is shaken off.

DeFactoCrippler

Had no idea quillen said that pal, but I have heard the term before. I think Winki would have done a ton better if he had a warm up bout say 6-8 months ago minimum. Like to see him take on someone else pretty soon, think he will do a ton better and be a very lively dog now that the rust is shaken off.
    You think he even gives a shit a boxing? He didn't really seem to dedicated even when he was champ.

Nick Papageorgio

I think he is one of those guys, the further they fall down the ladder they harder they try. Winki will not like going out losing 3 in a row and knows he still has something left in the tank after some solid late rounds vs quillen. I hope we get to see him fight some more bouts.

DeFactoCrippler

I think he is one of those guys, the further they fall down the ladder they harder they try. Winki will not like going out losing 3 in a row and knows he still has something left in the tank after some solid late rounds vs quillen. I hope we get to see him fight some more bouts.
    I can't comment on his performance cause I havent seen the fight yet, but from what I'm reading Quillin handled him pretty easily.
    It seems personality-wise Winky was a playboy and he may have run out of money and is now looking for a few nice paydays. I'm just speculating because Golden boy picked Winky as the opponent for their newly signed prospect, fresh off the heels of the Linares debacle. So they must have not thought too much of Winky.

He definitely won the fight, no doubt at all," Wright said. "My timing was off. He fought a good fight, and he came prepared. I think I need to be at 154 if I fight again. He was quicker than I thought, and he was stronger than I thought

DeFactoCrippler

Holy fock just read Winky retired

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article12556.html

DeFactoCrippler

Nick Papageorgio

nice find crippler on the vid. He really did struggle early in this fight. Guess I gave Winky credit for having a bigger fire in his belly than he does. Either way was a great career and very fun to watch.

Seems he didn't do it for the money though-"I accomplished a lot. I want to be true to my fans. I don't want to be fighting just to be fighting. I don't need that. I got money, but if I can't be champion again, I'll do something else."

AraiWa
    One bet away

Quillen almost got me the under but almost doesn't count. Winky's window closed 4-5 years ago and once the window is closed, it rarely opens again. Fortunately I threw Quillen in with four others in a parlay that hit. I'm glad to see him hang it up. Both will be remembered as excellent fighters who gave their all.