TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Live betting SAVED MY ASS -- the best way to ARB

God Bless live betting.

I was HEAVY on Brandao before the fight started.

Elkins hit +750 after Brandao's early assault (which I pounded to arb out at a profit).

Did the opposite on the Barboza fight. I was on Varner before the fight.
    Then locked in my profits as soon as the odds shifted live (when Barboza was about even).

I'm just LOVING the live betting for ARBs.

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Live betting IS NOT arb man, you can win sometimes when odds move in the other way, but just one bad day and your week profit goes down. In MMA is even worst, one punch can change everything.

TheCalculator

I hear what you're saying -- and you're right. Sometimes the odds don't shift in our favor. However, in most fights the odds shift a few times. And when they do -- you can lock in profits. That' s my point.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    I hear what you're saying -- and you're right. Sometimes the odds don't shift in our favor. However, in most fights the odds shift a few times. And when they do -- you can lock in profits. That' s my point.
    Yeah, in the elkins fight you could tell Brandao's face was BEET red. Now does this mean he is gassed for sure? No. But I'm ******* willing to lay +750 that he is. I don't know what they were thinking on that one.

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Trying to hedge bets in live betting is the worst thing you could do. I would recommend not even opening live betting if you put a wager down before the fight starts. I panicked once when Matt Riddle was losing his last fight a dumped a bunch of money on Henry Martinez. I bet huge on Riddle and he won but lost most of my profit hedging out. I was very pissed and won't make that mistake again.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Don't books get annoyed when you're able to Arb out of things?

TheCalculator

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    It's quite possible. I'll let you know if they "ban me" or "limit me" from live betting.

TheCalculator

Quote Originally Posted by dww123 View Post
    Trying to hedge bets in live betting is the worst thing you could do. I would recommend not even opening live betting if you put a wager down before the fight starts. I panicked once when Matt Riddle was losing his last fight a dumped a bunch of money on Henry Martinez. I bet huge on Riddle and he won but lost most of my profit hedging out. I was very pissed and won't make that mistake again.
    I personally prefer to lock in smaller GUARANTEED profits (most of the time) than to risk not making anything.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by dww123 View Post
    Your mistake was betting on either of those guys

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I love live betting the fights I didn't bet beforehand. Especially the close fights that you don't have a good read on. You can really get a good feel for game plans and sometimes judge if a fight to go the distance bet is worth it. I was able to snag Dolloway at +180 in the first round after he got rocked and then got a takedown. I knew he would lay on Miller after that.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    yeah u should do it on a different book to where u placed the original bet. But they aren't going to notice/care if its small amount

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

When it comes to live betting, books don't care if you're arbing back and forth all day long.

Anyway, if any certain aspect of betting was way more profitable for me, I certainly wouldn't post about it on a public forum. I would keep those ricebowls to myself.

TheCalculator

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    When it comes to live betting, books don't care if you're arbing back and forth all day long.

Anyway, if any certain aspect of betting was way more profitable for me, I certainly wouldn't post about it on a public forum. I would keep those ricebowls to myself.
    I'm storing rice bowls as we speak.