fosho14
    fosho14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Barboza vs Varner

Barboza should win. That much we know. The question is going to be whether or not he will finish Varner or not. Varner has never been knocked out. Do you think Barboza will be the first?

Libert1ne
    Libert1ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

For me it's just way too hard to call. Barboza has the ability to knock him out, that much is true...

Varner is a tough SOB though and is going to be hard to finish.

I wouldn't bet it unless the line is +230~ or more either way

Libert1ne

My biggest play for the card is JDS by KO parlayed with Barboza straight up @ -147 so we'll see how that goes.

fosho14

I'm leaning towards decision, but I agree way too hard to call.

fosho14

I have a lot riding on JDS, A LOT lol. Can't remember the last time I was this confident in an outcome. *knock on wood*

Libert1ne

Yeah I have a large % on JDS by KO. Mir is chinny, almost got knokced out by zombie nog in round 1. He's going down hard in this fight.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

How is Varner's wrestling I know he has ko power on the feet but how's his wrestling, Barboza's competition so far has been primarily against strikers.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Im actually thinking on a play on Varner at +400. The guy has no heart and just quits. He is so full of himself that he comes ill-prepared very often.
    I think Varner is bound to fight better when nobody gives him a chance but that just how i read his weak mental state.
    His wrestling is nothing amazing but sure its better than the guys Barboza has been fighting. I think he has the skills to win...the problem is uptairs.
    Im coming out of the closet with this opinions since the board has been crazy rude (including you, imsmarterthanu). This place should be a good-vibe-ish place where you can talk all kind of plays without having to compete and be rude with your fellow bettor.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    Im actually thinking on a play on Varner at +400. The guy has no heart and just quits. He is so full of himself that he comes ill-prepared very often.
    I think Varner is bound to fight better when nobody gives him a chance but that just how i read his weak mental state.
    His wrestling is nothing amazing but sure its better than the guys Barboza has been fighting. I think he has the skills to win...the problem is uptairs.
    Im coming out of the closet with this opinions since the board has been crazy rude (including you, imsmarterthanu). This place should be a good-vibe-ish place where you can talk all kind of plays without having to compete and be rude with your fellow bettor.
    Yes!

Too many cunty posters

fosho14

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    Yes!

Too many cunty posters
    ya I agree with that. This is a safe zone bro. Or at least I want it to be.

Vitooch
    Dayman

I parlayed Barboza with JDS and some NBA prop...expecting it to hit

Vitooch
    Dayman

Barboza isn't the type of fighter that is urgent to finish fighters....He's content with leg kicking the shit out of you, and if you end up throwing the white flag, then great. If not, he seems perfectly fine with winning a decision. While his KO of Etim was spectacular, he's not the type of fighter that you can consistently count on to finish guys

fosho14

Barboza isn't the type of fighter that is urgent to finish fighters....He's content with leg kicking the shit out of you, and if you end up throwing the white flag, then great. If not, he seems perfectly fine with winning a decision. While his KO of Etim was spectacular, he's not the type of fighter that you can consistently count on to finish guys
    very true

Imsmarterthanu

Barboza will pick Varner apart piece by piece on the feet if it turns into a technical striking the only chance he has is bringing the fight to Barboza with a high pace taking it to the ground and finishing it there that's why I asked how his wrestling was and his fight IQ, if he's a dumbass that thinks he can win on the feet even when he's losing then there's no chance.

Other than that I think he has a good shot at winning considering his odds, I think Barboza has been a tad overrated, he doesn't really get aggressive, he's a technical striker who doesn't rush into anything, he has a lot of surprises striking wise and can catch guys with kicks that they aren't prepared for. Varner does have KO power so he can always win if he turns it into a war. But judging from some of his previous fights he seems to be a whiner if things don't go his way and he doesn't really have a great Fight IQ so I could see him getting frustrated and picked apart.

Imsmarterthanu

Yea i'm the only rude guy here right ? Everyone here rags on me and talks shit about me so I'm gonna talk shit back if you don't like it too fukn bad, don't dish out something you can't handle back at you.

Grabaka
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    Yea i'm the only rude guy here right ? Everyone here rags on me and talks shit about me so I'm gonna talk shit back if you don't like it too fukn bad, don't dish out something you can't handle back at you.
    Never said the only one....i said including you. Its all good bro.

fosho14

varner has a solid chin, and he's gonna need it.

Grabaka
    Update your status

Barboza will pick Varner apart piece by piece on the feet if it turns into a technical striking the only chance he has is bringing the fight to Barboza with a high pace taking it to the ground and finishing it there that's why I asked how his wrestling was and his fight IQ, if he's a dumbass that thinks he can win on the feet even when he's losing then there's no chance.

Other than that I think he has a good shot at winning considering his odds, I think Barboza has been a tad overrated, he doesn't really get aggressive, he's a technical striker who doesn't rush into anything, he has a lot of surprises striking wise and can catch guys with kicks that they aren't prepared for. Varner does have KO power so he can always win if he turns it into a war. But judging from some of his previous fights he seems to be a whiner if things don't go his way and he doesn't really have a great Fight IQ so I could see him getting frustrated and picked apart.
    I dont feel he will try to outbox Barboza but then again who knows with this guy.
    Skill-wise i really feel he has the tools but also im feeling he will be frail as **** compared to Barboza. If he cant start getting the takedowns in round 1 he will fold worst than Mir. But i still feeling like playing Varner. Goddam +400!

Vitooch
    Dayman

We rag on here because of your delusional, obnoxious, irrational, childish behavior. Don't play the martyr.

Imsmarterthanu

We rag on here because of your delusional, obnoxious, irrational, childish behavior. Don't play the martyr.
    You rag on me cuz you're a hater who can't recognize talent when he sees it

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

The rudeness on this board has ALWAYS existed, it was just very passive aggressive before. I can only speak for myself, but I have only been rude to posters who have been rude to me. It's really funny when snotty little kids get put in their place then start crying, lol.

I always appreciate a feminine opinion but one drop of estrogen has turned this thread into an "I got pissed on by Defactocrippler support group". Look at how quickly they came out from under the bed when you posted. Believe me, the LAST thing these kids need is an internet mommy to stop people being mean to them, lol.

fosho14

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
    The rudeness on this board has ALWAYS existed, it was just very passive aggressive before. I can only speak for myself, but I have only been rude to posters who have been rude to me. It's really funny when snotty little kids get put in their place then start crying, lol.

I always appreciate a feminine opinion but one drop of estrogen has turned this thread into an "I got pissed on by Defactocrippler support group". Look at how quickly they came out from under the bed when you posted. Believe me, the LAST thing these kids need is an internet mommy to stop people being mean to them, lol.
    Hey loser get off this thread or better yet off this forum. Again, your not even talking about mma. You really have nothing better to do? my god I feel sorry for you.

pick up a book, play a sport, watch a show, talk to a friend...something! You sad pathetic fool.

When ppl say they don't like posting their thoughts because theres too many cunty and rude posters they're talking about you. I know your a troll, but I don't understand why it's fun for you? For the last time, shut your mouth unless it's related to mma. Thank you, it would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by fosho14; 05-22-12 at 11:57 AM.

DeFactoCrippler

Quote Originally Posted by fosho14 View Post
    Hey loser get off this thread or better yet off this forum. Again, your not even talking about mma. You really have nothing better to do? my god I feel sorry for you.

pick up a book, play a sport, watch a show, talk to a friend...something! You sad pathetic fool.
    Lol, if you would actaully read my posts you might realize I am critizing you and you little phaget buddies for not knowing anything about MMA, because they never fought/trained/sparred in their life. I talk MMA with people who understand MMA, lol.

When ppl say they don't like posting their thoughts because theres too many cunty and rude posters they're talking about you. I know your a troll, but I don't understand why it's fun for you? For the last time, shut your mouth unless it's related to mma. Thank you, it would be much appreciated.
    It's fun watching little kids like you spazz out. Seeing a bunch of kids crying because I pissed all over their opinion. If you want me to leave do something about it? Oh wait, you already went crying to the mods like a little phag? What happened?

Shut my mouth, lol.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!!!

Varner has the wrestling, power in his hands, and toughness to make this competitive, therefore no way the line is correct at +400 for varner, that is ridiculous and I gladly took him at +390 for a small sprinkle.

Barboza is clearly the pick on paper, and I pick him too via decision, but man, I can't believe so many people are playing edson at the odds he has, won't be the least bit suprised if everyone's parlays are busted. That is some high juice even for parlays and imo not worth playing. value is all varner at this point. When the dude is on his game he's a legit threat to anyone, I mean I know it was a while ago but he was on his way to beating bendo via decision before gettign guillotined..Edson's fought nothing but guys with striking as their base, now he has a guy who's base is wrestling and also has some decent stand up - overall a well rounded guy. While its not the best wrestling, I do think it will make things interesting as it compliments the rest of his game. Barboza the pick on paper and will probably demolish jamie with leg kicks en route to a one sided decision, but varner is the bet imo and has a legit chance to beat a guy I'm still not sold on and who I think is still pretty green. I will say this though - I dislike varner as a person and while he is tough, he seems to give up / puss out here and there and makes excuses... He seems to not be motivated / give up on occassion. Yet I've seen performances that show anything but being unmotivated and he is a tough SOB... I think you would call this fight iq, but yea not sold on where his head is at. If his mental state is on point then watch out.
    Last edited by MMAbetMASTA; 05-22-12 at 02:55 PM.

Grabaka
    Update your status

Oh come on! Who talked about you?
    Anyway....i tried.

Do you like this better for a breakdown?
    Varner is gonna win you "#%/&/(&%#" "()$$#"& **+*#$)/$?#!

fosho14

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post

Edson's fought nothing but guys with striking as their base
    That is an important point. I can't bring myself to put money on varner though, even a small amount. Barboza has really impressed me with his crisp and clean muay thai. I think he has this all day, but I agree that the juice is ridiculous so I'll just watch this one. I have a good amount invested in JDS and I'm sure there's better value to be found in other bouts on the card. I can see why you guys would wanna take a stab at varner for the high payout, I just really don't see it happening.

fosho14

Lol, if you would actaully read my posts you might realize I am critizing you and you little phaget buddies for not knowing anything about MMA, because they never fought/trained/sparred in their life. I talk MMA with people who understand MMA, lol.

It's fun watching little kids like you spazz out. Seeing a bunch of kids crying because I pissed all over their opinion. If you want me to leave do something about it? Oh wait, you already went crying to the mods like a little phag? What happened?
    You talk with people about mma? good...then go talk to who ever you talk to about mma with and get lost because you never seem to talk about anything related to mma anywhere on this forum. And as for continually bringing up "mods" I don't know why you keep saying that, I haven't talked to any mods. I don even think there are moderators on here and if they're are they certainly don't moderate anything otherwise you'd be long gone by now.

lol once again another conversation pointing out how much of a complete low life you are. If you haven't gotten the message, I'll repeat one more time...Stop typing away bs on your keyboard if it has nothing to do with mma. If your life is that dull, I feel sorry for you, but the vast majority of us prefer to read/write posts on here that are either related to mma or betting and not waste time with meaningless shit so please stick to that. Stop wasting time looking like a jackass and either input your thoughts about future matchups or F*uK off. O and for the record I have trained jui-jitzu, (not that it even matters). Goodbye troll.
    Last edited by fosho14; 05-22-12 at 06:17 PM.

MMAbetMASTA

That is an important point. I can't bring myself to put money on varner though, even a small amount. Barboza has really impressed me with his crisp and clean muay thai. I think he has this all day, but I agree that the juice is ridiculous so I'll just watch this one. I have a good amount invested in JDS and I'm sure there's better value to be found in other bouts on the card. I can see why you guys would wanna take a stab at varner for the high payout, I just really don't see it happening.
    I capped eddson at -275, so anything higher than that is very 'iffy' to me and not worth it - there are better fights and better odds to play a high favorite on than edson.

It prob won't hit, but like you said at +400 range I'll take a small stab for a nice pay out, rather than risk 10x that amount for only a fraction of the payout... But if you don't like varner, and I can't blame oyu for not liking him in this fight because I understand and see the reasoning for backing edson, then def sit it out and enjoy the scrap!!!

And I was wrong, I think etim's base is actually jiu jitsu not a striking discipline (somone correct me if I'm wrong), so I guess you could say edson's last fight wasn't against a pure striker (although I don't recall etim really trying to take it down, he seemed content to kickbox)... But yes, on the feet varner will be completlely outclassed save for a hail mary punch, however, with the right game plan he could effectively strike to set up clinches/tds/scrambles whatever... fine kickboxing technique will go out the window when you have the constant threat of a td or clinch / dirty boxing..not that varner's some powerhouse wrestler, he's not one by any means but he's a very big LW, very experienced against all mma styles (not the first time he's faced an elite kickboxer), and has fought bettter overall comp imo...

Furthermore, its make or break time for him imo. He got lucky dunham pulled out and got the call to come back to zuffa, so hopefully this really motivates him and makes him hungry, because he knows if he beats barboza he's right back in the mix. Again, a mentally and physically prepared varner is a legit threat to anyone.

DeFactoCrippler

You talk with people about mma? good...then go talk to who ever you talk to about mma with and get lost because you never seem to talk about anything related to mma anywhere on this forum. And as for continually bringing up "mods" I don't know why you keep saying that, I haven't talked to any mods. I don even think there are moderators on here and if they're are they certainly don't moderate anything otherwise you'd be long gone by now.

lol once again another conversation pointing out how much of a complete low life you are. If you haven't gotten the message, I'll repeat one more time...Stop typing away bs on your keyboard if it has nothing to do with mma. If your life is that dull, I feel sorry for you, but the vast majority of us prefer to read/write posts on here that are either related to mma or betting and not waste time with meaningless shit so please stick to that. Stop wasting time looking like a jackass and either input your thoughts about future matchups or F*uK off. O and for the record I have trained jui-jitzu, (not that it even matters). Goodbye troll.
    Lol ru done?

fosho14

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    I capped eddson at -275, so anything higher than that is very 'iffy' to me and not worth it - there are better fights and better odds to play a high favorite on than edson.

It prob won't hit, but like you said at +400 range I'll take a small stab for a nice pay out, rather than risk 10x that amount for only a fraction of the payout... But if you don't like varner, and I can't blame oyu for not liking him in this fight because I understand and see the reasoning for backing edson, then def sit it out and enjoy the scrap!!!

And I was wrong, I think etim's base is actually jiu jitsu not a striking discipline (somone correct me if I'm wrong), so I guess you could say edson's last fight wasn't against a pure striker (although I don't recall etim really trying to take it down, he seemed content to kickbox)... But yes, on the feet varner will be completlely outclassed save for a hail mary punch, however, with the right game plan he could effectively strike to set up clinches/tds/scrambles whatever... fine kickboxing technique will go out the window when you have the constant threat of a td or clinch / dirty boxing..not that varner's some powerhouse wrestler, he's not one by any means but he's a very big LW, very experienced against all mma styles (not the first time he's faced an elite kickboxer), and has fought bettter overall comp imo...

Furthermore, its make or break time for him imo. He got lucky dunham pulled out and got the call to come back to zuffa, so hopefully this really motivates him and makes him hungry, because he knows if he beats barboza he's right back in the mix. Again, a mentally and physically prepared varner is a legit threat to anyone.
    Ya Varner has a legit shot no doubt. I know betting is supposed to be all about the $ and you shouldn't be emotionally involved, but I'm such a hc fan of the sport that it's impossible for me not to get into it. I try as best I can to never bet with my heart, but there's just certain fighters for example Brian stann and BJ penn among many who I actually like as people. So then it's just so unpleasant to be betting against elite fighters that I like and respect when they're up against someone who will probably win. This is one of those times where it's a fighter who I really like and been following from the beginning in Barboza against someone who I dislike in Varner but is the smart bet and who has value. I'd rather just not even bet on this fight than be cheering against barboza in this one. I know this line of thinking is totally looked down upon in this community but for me it's just not worth it. Although I'm always looking to increase my bankroll through finding value, at the same time I'm a fan and hate cheering against my favorite fighters. GL.
    Last edited by fosho14; 05-23-12 at 02:05 AM.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Varner took the fight on like 3 weeks notice I believe also. He was all but retired a few months ago. Hard to bet on him against a rising star. But the lack of wrestlers Barboza's faced is disconcerting.

MMAbetMASTA

Ya Varner has a legit shot no doubt. I know betting is supposed to be all about the $ and you shouldn't be emotionally involved, but I'm such a hc fan of the sport that it's impossible for me not to get into it. I try as best I can to never bet with my heart, but there's just certain fighters for example Brian stann and BJ penn among many who I actually like as people. So then it's just so unpleasant to be betting against elite fighters that I like and respect when they're up against someone who will probably win. This is one of those times where it's a fighter who I really like and been following from the beginning in Barboza against someone who I dislike in Varner but is the smart bet and who has value. I'd rather just not even bet on this fight than be cheering against barboza in this one. I know this line of thinking is totally looked down upon in this community but for me it's just not worth it. Although I'm always looking to increase my bankroll through finding value, at the same time I'm a fan and hate cheering against my favorite fighters. GL.
    I hear you man, betting on emotion / love for a fighter is normal, I've done if before although I've learned that its best to put emotions aside and look at it as business - not personal! Around the time I lost on shogun against jones or hunt against mcorkle (although I went on to bet hunt his next 3 fights) is when I realized I need to put my love for a fighter to the side and bet on who I truly believe will be the winner, not who I want / desire as a fan to be the winner.

Its tough and you feel bad about going against a fighter you really like or paying ridiclous juice on a fighter you like, but imo betting on emotion can burn you. However, most my emotion bets were on fighters who were of 'the old breed' per se from pride or the 'dark ages' of zufffa. You're betting on a legit up and comer in barboza so its kind of a different love / emotion. But I agree man, the smart play if you like this fight and one of the fighters is to prob just sit it out and ENJOY!! I only got 25 on varner so either way I won't be sweating and will be sitting back enjoying the show. GL as well

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    Varner took the fight on like 3 weeks notice I believe also. He was all but retired a few months ago. Hard to bet on him against a rising star. But the lack of wrestlers Barboza's faced is disconcerting.
    he fought just 3 months ago and before that had fought 3 consecutive fights with no long lay offs, I wouldn't call him retired by any means. However, I do agree that taking it on 3 weeks notice can only hurt his potential to win and prob is a reason he's such a big dog, and rightfully so. But yea you really gotta wonder where his head is at and what kind of motivation he has, because like I said he's seemed to puss out and give up or make excuses on occasion..

Imsmarterthanu

ahahahahahahahahaha

DeFactoCrippler

I dont feel he will try to outbox Barboza but then again who knows with this guy.
    Skill-wise i really feel he has the tools but also im feeling he will be frail as **** compared to Barboza. If he cant start getting the takedowns in round 1 he will fold worst than Mir. But i still feeling like playing Varner. Goddam +400!
    ooooo

12 Last