• Mark Holata vs. Abe Wagner
    • Andrey Koreshkov vs. Derrick Krantz
    • Emanuel "E.J." Brooks vs. Kalvin Hackney
    • Josh Burns vs. Richard Hale
    • Josh Quayhagen vs. Cliff Wright

Oblivian
    Oblivian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 721

I'm hoping Amossou's line remains at a reasonable price.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    MAIN CARD (MTV2)
    • Maiquel Falcao vs. Andreas Spang - middleweight-tourney finale
    • Karl Amoussou vs. David Rickels - welterweight-tourney semifinal
    • Jessica Aguilar vs. Megumi Fujii
    • Kevin Asplund vs. Ron Sparks

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com)
    • Booker Arthur vs. Shanon Slack
    • Mark Holata vs. Abe Wagner
    • Andrey Koreshkov vs. Derrick Krantz
    • Emanuel "E.J." Brooks vs. Kalvin Hackney
    • Josh Burns vs. Richard Hale
    • Josh Quayhagen vs. Cliff Wright

I'm not really loving anything other than maybe Amoussou and Fujii straight up...can't really see any of the dogs upsetting the favorites, but can't really justify -345. -210 for Fujii is a steal, she's usually -600 or -800, around there.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Falcao at 188

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've cashed nicely on falcao his past two fights, but not paying that ridiculous juice... he is overvalued here imo, anyone with cardio issues who's fighting a big power puncher with a solid chin that also has a decent ground game shouldn't be in the -350 range... Was hoping that line would be much lower because I do pick him to win against spang and would love to cash on him 3 fights in a row, but gonna sit out on this match. And if he's 3 over like nunya said that just adds to my hesitation to play falcao...

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I had Rickels capped at +180....not sure if that line will move in my favor. Hoping Amoussou is overvalued after beating an overrated Chris Lozano....

I think Falcao wins this most of the time. Having an incredible tough time seeing Spang taking this. I wouldn't mind paying the juice for Falcao, but certainly not this much juice

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Yeah if Rickels goes back to +200 I may have to pull the trigger

Vitooch
    Dayman

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    MAIN CARD (MTV2)
    • Maiquel Falcao vs. Andreas Spang - middleweight-tourney finale
    • Karl Amoussou vs. David Rickels - welterweight-tourney semifinal
    • Jessica Aguilar vs. Megumi Fujii
    • Kevin Asplund vs. Ron Sparks

Falcao has handled tougher opponents

Rickels beats Ammousou, Ammouso is overrated and gets lazy he's a quitter

Fuji is better all around and should take this which ever way she pleases

Sparks vs Asplund the battle of the cans, it's going to be a can slugfest Sparks is the better can, all of Asplund's competetion has been against pathetic losers

I will get them all right watch and see

Vitooch
    Dayman

Asplund seems to have a grappling advantage, which could provide the X-factor in this fight.

Imsmarterthanu

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    Asplund seems to have a grappling advantage, which could provide the X-factor in this fight.
    Grappling advantage against pathetic losers

look at all their records, they are bums off the street

both guys are big and slow, Sparks is stronger and bigger

Asplund is a fat short heavyweight he's not going to manhandle Sparks because he's never faced a guy who's actually somewhat of a challenge. He's gonna throw wild stupid punches and Sparks is gonna throw his punches right back.

Sparks by TKO round 1

MMAbetMASTA

doing some research and I'm starting to like aguilar as a dog...

Got the wrestling base should keep it upright and she has very underrated and ever improving stand up, imo she was robbed against zoila who on paper should have owned her on the feet but instead got out struck... Furthermore, she is pretty slick on the ground too and if it gets there I expect her to pop up or defend enough until she can get back to her feet. I think this will be a striking match and I give an edge to aguilar. I think both fuji and aguilar were robbed against zoila, but I think aguilar was the bigger upset who should hvae got the decision nod and did more damage to zoila than fuji did (zoila's face was really messed up after fighting aguilar..). Hoping the line gets better, I honsetly expected aguilar to open as a ridiculous dog and was surprised to see the close to even opener... Expected her to close as a +300 dog so not as great a line as I hoped for...

MMAbetMASTA

also, why do some of you like psycho or why you like rickels???

I'm having a hard time breaking this down. I thought psycho looked great against lozano and he really suprised me as I thought lozano was gonna win. He's gonna be huge against rickels who I think is a bit small looking for ww. My concern though is that psycho has yet to go out of the first round at this class and that is a heavily muscled body... Not that he's really had a problem with cardio at mw, but you never know at ww and its really an unkown at this point. Rickels seems to have the one trick from his guard and I'm not sold on his stand up being something special, in all honsetly it looked somewhat sloppy from the little I have seen, but that is mostly an assumption about his stand up. I wish I knew more about rickels. I will say that his past comp has looked pretty bad, so minus the smith win, he's looked good against pretty 'meh' fighters. Not that karl has fought vastly better comp, but they were bigger men and bigger names. I think karl might actually take it down and think he is powerful enough to explode out of those triangles and tie ups from rickels guard, he has yet to be subbed too so I think he can hang. My concern again is cardio and that he might slow down to the point where he is slow and weak, where he can either get tagged up on the feet or controlled sub on the ground. Overall though I think karl is huge, young (perhaps just now peaking in this new ww and can call it his 'prime' home weight), more experienced, and very well rounded... Rickels is just an unknown to me which somewhat scares me but also says perhaps he's unproven and will be exposed against a powerful well rounded and experienced guy like psycho... Therefore -165 isn't looking too bad, but I'm pretty hesitant to play..

What do you guys think about this match / what's the breakdown???

Vitooch
    Dayman

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    doing some research and I'm starting to like aguilar as a dog...

Got the wrestling base should keep it upright and she has very underrated and ever improving stand up, imo she was robbed against zoila who on paper should have owned her on the feet but instead got out struck... Furthermore, she is pretty slick on the ground too and if it gets there I expect her to pop up or defend enough until she can get back to her feet. I think this will be a striking match and I give an edge to aguilar. I think both fuji and aguilar were robbed against zoila, but I think aguilar was the bigger upset who should hvae got the decision nod and did more damage to zoila than fuji did (zoila's face was really messed up after fighting aguilar..). Hoping the line gets better, I honsetly expected aguilar to open as a ridiculous dog and was surprised to see the close to even opener... Expected her to close as a +300 dog so not as great a line as I hoped for...
    I'm fine with Aguilar as a dog at +195 because according to many reliable sources, this fight is more of a toss up. Fuji has an advantage on the ground, but there is no guarantee Fuji will be able to take Aguilar down. If she does take Aguilar down, there is also no guarantee she will be submitted. Also, there seems to be a slight standup advantage possessed by Aguilar.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    also, why do some of you like psycho or why you like rickels???

I'm having a hard time breaking this down. I thought psycho looked great against lozano and he really suprised me as I thought lozano was gonna win. He's gonna be huge against rickels who I think is a bit small looking for ww. My concern though is that psycho has yet to go out of the first round at this class and that is a heavily muscled body... Not that he's really had a problem with cardio at mw, but you never know at ww and its really an unkown at this point. Rickels seems to have the one trick from his guard and I'm not sold on his stand up being something special, in all honsetly it looked somewhat sloppy from the little I have seen, but that is mostly an assumption about his stand up. I wish I knew more about rickels. I will say that his past comp has looked pretty bad, so minus the smith win, he's looked good against pretty 'meh' fighters. Not that karl has fought vastly better comp, but they were bigger men and bigger names. I think karl might actually take it down and think he is powerful enough to explode out of those triangles and tie ups from rickels guard, he has yet to be subbed too so I think he can hang. My concern again is cardio and that he might slow down to the point where he is slow and weak, where he can either get tagged up on the feet or controlled sub on the ground. Overall though I think karl is huge, young (perhaps just now peaking in this new ww and can call it his 'prime' home weight), more experienced, and very well rounded... Rickels is just an unknown to me which somewhat scares me but also says perhaps he's unproven and will be exposed against a powerful well rounded and experienced guy like psycho... Therefore -165 isn't looking too bad, but I'm pretty hesitant to play..

What do you guys think about this match / what's the breakdown???
    I've decided to parlay Falcao (who I think is practically a lock) with Amoussou. I will probably also parlay Falcao with Melendez and maybe someone else I'm very confident with. I initially was planning on playing Rickels at +170, but after giving it some thought and seeing the line move in favor of Amoussou, I think the value is in Amoussou at -155. I agree that Amoussou's athleticism (especially the crushing strength he possesses in the clinch and on top which I highlighted in his last fight) will probably prove too overwhelming for the smaller, much less athletic Rickels. Amoussou possesses a much more versatile striking game (his leg kicks could prove to be the X-factor). Rickels has good hands but doesn't possess the power to take out Amoussou standing. Also, if Amoussou does decide to take this fight to the ground, I don't think Rickels will be able to pull off another triangle win. His best chance is stealing a decision against a gassed Amoussou. I think Amoussou has much more avenues to win. This breakdown is sloppy, just my rambling thoughts

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

yee I think Rickels will be relying on breaking Amoussou down mentally.

Vitooch
    Dayman

I made a small play on Aslpund as well for shits

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Hell yeah, I'm on Aguilar +205 and Amoussou at -150. Like the value on both and Aguilar/Fujii is going to be very competitive.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    Grappling advantage against pathetic losers

look at all their records, they are bums off the street

both guys are big and slow, Sparks is stronger and bigger

Asplund is a fat short heavyweight he's not going to manhandle Sparks because he's never faced a guy who's actually somewhat of a challenge. He's gonna throw wild stupid punches and Sparks is gonna throw his punches right back.

Sparks by TKO round 1
    Asplund it is

Oblivian
    Oblivian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 721

I've decided to parlay Falcao (who I think is practically a lock) with Amoussou. I will probably also parlay Falcao with Melendez and maybe someone else I'm very confident with. I initially was planning on playing Rickels at +170, but after giving it some thought and seeing the line move in favor of Amoussou, I think the value is in Amoussou at -155. I agree that Amoussou's athleticism (especially the crushing strength he possesses in the clinch and on top which I highlighted in his last fight) will probably prove too overwhelming for the smaller, much less athletic Rickels. Amoussou possesses a much more versatile striking game (his leg kicks could prove to be the X-factor). Rickels has good hands but doesn't possess the power to take out Amoussou standing. Also, if Amoussou does decide to take this fight to the ground, I don't think Rickels will be able to pull off another triangle win. His best chance is stealing a decision against a gassed Amoussou. I think Amoussou has much more avenues to win. This breakdown is sloppy, just my rambling thoughts
    Very similar thoughts to you on Amoussou. The size and strength difference is going to be huge as well. Rickels really shouldn't be in the same weight class as Amoussou.

Imsmarterthanu

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    Very similar thoughts to you on Amoussou. The size and strength difference is going to be huge as well. Rickels really shouldn't be in the same weight class as Amoussou.
    Rickels is stronger than Ammoussou, he has a better chin and more heart. Ammoussou is terribly overrated, his power is overrated, he gets sloppy and as the fight goes on he gets worst and worst while Rickels will get better and better.

Rickels will own his ass

MMAbetMASTA

Rickels is stronger than Ammoussou, he has a better chin and more heart. Ammoussou is terribly overrated, his power is overrated, he gets sloppy and as the fight goes on he gets worst and worst while Rickels will get better and better.

Rickels will own his ass
    couldn't disagree more about rickels being stronger, that is one of his biggest disadvantages imo and he seems small for a ww... However, I do agree that as the fight goes on I would be concerned for psycho... As I stated above we haven't seen him go past a few minutes at ww and he is very heavily muscled so I'd be scared of him gassing if he doesn't put away rickels after the first... So yea I haven't been sold on psycho and there are too many unknowns for me with rickel so at this point I'm gonna stay away I think...Very tempted to play psyco though at the current -140 ish odds.. GL.

MMAbetMASTA

Ticket#:70003671
    May 18 08:00 PM
    INTERNET / -1 May 18 07:31 PM MU STRAIGHT BET
    [24117] J AGUILAR +200
    (J AGUILAR vrs M FUJII)
    50 / 100

------------

Only play so far for BFC 69 and will prob be my only play. GL tonight everyone

MMAbetMASTA

Vitooch
    Dayman

The Bellator production team sucks

Imsmarterthanu

The Bellator production team sucks
    seriously and the commentators are straight up pathetic, so biased against Fujii

They are so overhyping Aguillar's striking it's ridiculous she fukn sucks

Vitooch
    Dayman

seriously and the commentators are straight up pathetic, so biased against Fujii

They are so overhyping Aguillar's striking it's ridiculous she fukn sucks
    They both suck

Imsmarterthanu

This is exactly why women shouldn't be fighting

if these are the number 1 and 2 female fighters in this weight class then this is pathetic

Imsmarterthanu

i ******* hate these commentators

Imsmarterthanu

unfuking believable

this is rigged

un fuking believable

how the fuk did she win that fight ?

wtf ?

what the ****!!!! this ******* rigged bullshit

I'm never betting on Bellator again

Vitooch
    Dayman

"Fuji is better all around and should take this which ever way she pleases"

"I will get them all right watch and see"

So far you are 0-1

Imsmarterthanu

"Fuji is better all around and should take this which ever way she pleases"

"I will get them all right watch and see"

So far you are 0-1
    Actually if you weren't ******* blind you would see that Aguillar lost

You don't spend the entire fight backing away from punches getting kicked then the last round on your back getting gnp'd and then win the fight

This was rigged from the beginning you could tell from the way the commentators were biased

Happens all the time and my prediction came true, it went to the ground Fujii was better, stayed standing Fujii was the agressor

Now piss off you fukn pissant

Fuk bellator, Fukk their pissant judges and fukk you

just that fight alone I fukn stopped watching after that clicked the x and now i'm going out with my girl this is fukn pathetic to watch my bets go down the drain because of incompetent judging.

Bellator is an incompetent organization, they shouldn't even be licensed from the production to the judging to the commentating it's all crap. They even cancel at least one fight every event right before the event starts that just shows the incompetence they have. Pathetic.
    Last edited by Imsmarterthanu; 05-18-12 at 08:04 PM.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Actually if you weren't ******* blind you would see that Aguillar lost

You don't spend the entire fight backing away from punches getting kicked then the last round on your back getting gnp'd and then win the fight

This was rigged from the beginning you could tell from the way the commentators were biased

Happens all the time and my prediction came true, it went to the ground Fujii was better, stayed standing Fujii was the agressor

Now piss off you fukn pissant
    Why would that rig that fight?

MMAbetMASTA

This is exactly why women shouldn't be fighting

if these are the number 1 and 2 female fighters in this weight class then this is pathetic
    that's some ignorant shit to say about female fighters man... Not a great fight, but they def put on some good shows, agular and mega megu's fights with zoila were good fights.

And I do think fuji should have won that, I personally scored 2 and 3 (perhaps even rnd 1 too) for fuji, although the second was really close but agression won it imo. If aguilar had been more aggresive and actually threw some offensive strikes she could have easily won the first two rounds on my card. BUt yea I squeaked by with that one and disagree with the decision, 29-28 fuji for me.

Imsmarterthanu

whatever im out peace

12 Last