KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    In a boxing match or an MMA match?
    street fight, gsp wouldn't get close to Mayweather cause the boxing, suicide to try and get Mayweather on the ground with those fists coming at u

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    street fight, gsp wouldn't get close to Mayweather cause the boxing, suicide to try and get Mayweather on the ground with those fists coming at u
    GSP has arguably the best wrestling in MMA. He would have no trouble taking Mayweather down where Mayweather would be absolutely helpless.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes. So does this mean that most MLB, NBA, NFL and UFC fans are children?
    No, it means the UFC MARKETS to children, which was my point. Why are you so pathetic that you cannot even give a straight answer to a question?

If I wanted to prove that MOST mma fans were children, all I would need to do is direct you to sherdog, lol.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
    No, it means the UFC MARKETS to children, which was my point. Why are you so pathetic that you cannot even give a straight answer to a question?

If I wanted to prove that MOST mma fans were children, all I would need to do is direct you to sherdog, lol.
    Yes, the same way the MLB, NFL, and NBA markets to children. Once again, since all four sports market some sort of merchandise to children, does this mean that all 4 sports' fans are mostly children?

DeFactoCrippler

Yes, the same way the MLB, NFL, and NBA markets to children. Once again, since all four sports market some sort of merchandise to children, does this mean that all 4 sports' fans are mostly children?
    I would say that children make up a large percentage of the fanbase of those particular sports.

Now you own numbers say that MOST fans are 18-24. Now by your own admission the UFC markets to children, would you not say the majority of UFC fans are aged from children to age 24?

Now, if a kid is aged 18-21, they are not even allowed to drink booze so would they not also be considered "minors"? So then is the UFC fanbase not made up almost exclusively of "minors".

DeFactoCrippler

Hay guiz I just ordered my James Toney action figure! I'm going to shove it up my ass while fapping to pics of brittney palmer!

Vitooch
    Dayman

I would say that children make up a large percentage of the fanbase of those particular sports.

Now you own numbers say that MOST fans are 18-24. Now by your own admission the UFC markets to children, would you not say the majority of UFC fans are aged from children to age 24?

Now, if a kid is aged 18-21, they are not even allowed to drink booze so would they not also be considered "minors"? So then is the UFC fanbase not made up almost exclusively of "minors".
    Come on DeFacto! Don't sidetrack on me now. Stick to your original claim:

"However, that doesn't change the fact that the UFC markets to kids aged 16 and under and most MMA fans are little kids who thought they had a pubic hair until they pissed out of it."

My argument is that while many UFC fans are children (like any other sport), MOST fans are not little kids. As proven by the article provided, they are mature, 18-24 year olds. You can characterize the fans of the UFC, that the UFC markets to, as well-off, tech-savy adults. If you want the link to the article, let me know. There are several other statistical points made that completely refute your baseless argument.

I agree that some UFC fans are little kids, accounting for some of the merchandise the UFC markets, but to say that most MMA fans are, as you stated, "little kids", you must bee either completely clueless or ignorant.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

dude, socrates has nothing on you.

yes folks, he did say "aged from children to 24".

DeFactoCrippler

Come on DeFacto! Don't sidetrack on me now. Stick to your original claim:

"However, that doesn't change the fact that the UFC markets to kids aged 16 and under and most MMA fans are little kids who thought they had a pubic hair until they pissed out of it."

Cmon, this is hyperbole, you had to have known that.

I guess I should be more clear though and avoid sarcasm. Some clowns actually thought I was buying picks off that dude, lol.

My argument is that while many UFC fans are children (like any other sport), MOST fans are not little kids. As proven by the article provided, they are mature, 18-24 year olds. You can characterize the fans of the UFC, that the UFC markets to, as well-off, tech-savy adults. If you want the link to the article, let me know. There are several other points made that completely refute your baseless argument.

Well, here is where we disagree. I would not consider 18-21 year olds "mature" by any stretch of the imagination. Neither would the government considering they still treat these people as "minors' (i.e children) who are not mature enough to have a beer, lol.

DeFactoCrippler

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    dude, socrates has nothing on you.

yes folks, he did say "aged from children to 24".
    Dude, I wish I could meet Socrates, then I could ask him why someone would bother committing a federal crime all so he could put $1 down on a fight, lol.

PS I thought you didn't care about this argument, lol.

Vitooch
    Dayman

"In addition to their youthful demographics, MMA fans have sound financials. They are 15 percent more likely than the average American adult to have a household income of $75k+, 10 percent more likely to own a second home and 25 percent more likely to have a household size of three or more people. They are selective investors and six percent more likely to have stocks or stock options in their household, and 33 percent more likely to invest online."

Would you consider an adult with a household income of $75k+ a little kid?

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

This is seriously hilarious. Do you know what a Low Single Leg takedown is? Look it up. Not only would I bet that GSP would render Mayweather unconscious in under 3 minutes I would also bet that Mayweather wouldn't land a single punch while standing. There's a good chance he wouldn't land a single punch the entire fight. Only way Mayweather could beat GSP in a street fight is if it was in a crowded bar and throwing punches was the only option. Even then I would bet on GSP because GSP would be smart enough to smother him. In a clinch GSP would know what to do. Mayweather would not.

DeFactoCrippler

"In addition to their youthful demographics, MMA fans have sound financials. They are 15 percent more likely than the average American adult to have a household income of $75k+, 10 percent more likely to own a second home and 25 percent more likely to have a household size of three or more people. They are selective investors and six percent more likely to have stocks or stock options in their household, and 33 percent more likely to invest online."

Would you consider an adult with a household income of $75k+ a little kid?
    I would consider someone under the age 21 a "kid". I don't understand why this isn't clear to you.

Vitooch
    Dayman

I would consider some under age 21 a "kid". I don't understand why this isn't clear to you.
    Are you ignoring the glaring statistics above you? Income of 75k+, household size of three or more people, 2+ homes. These are not the characteristics of a kid.

DeFactoCrippler

Are you ignoring the glaring statistics above you? Income of 75k+, household size of three or more people, 2+ homes. These are not the characteristics of a kid.
    I'm not ignoring the statistics. I'm just not buying into your logical fallacy.

The stats YOU showed said age 18-24. It does not matter if an 18 year old pulls in a mill per year. He is still not considered an "adult" and is not even mature enough to have a beer.

Vitooch
    Dayman

I'm not ignoring the statistics. I'm just not buying into your logical fallacy.

The stats YOU showed said age 18-24. It does not matter if an 18 year old pulls in a mill per year. He is still not considered an "adult" and is not even mature enough to have a beer.
    So you would consider a 20 year old who makes 100k a year, who invests in stock, who owns a second home, and who has a wife and a son a little kid who doesn't have pubes (or whatever childish nonsense you said)?

DeFactoCrippler

So you would consider a 20 year old who makes 100k a year, who invests in stock, who owns a second home, and who has a wife and a son a little kid who doesn't have pubes (or whatever childish nonsense you said)?
    No I wouldn't, and neither would the government, lol. So I really don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend. A 20 year old could own 50 homes but still could not buy a beer. That is because the powers that be (not just me) consider him an underage child who does not have the maturity to partake in alcohol, or make a decision about the harms of smoking.

There are no exceptions to this. Yet, you are asking to make a blanket exception on an entire group of people just because they are in a certain income bracket?

Vitooch
    Dayman

So just because the government doesn't consider what could be a very mature, well-off 20 year old an adult, they are automatically a little kid who doesn't have pubes?
    Last edited by Vitooch; 05-06-12 at 06:50 PM.

Vitooch
    Dayman

And if you want to split hairs, a child is a person under the age of 12. A minor is usually considered a person under the age of 18. 18 year olds are considered mature enough to enlist in the army, vote, drive, buy cigarettes, but they aren't mature enough to drink? So if you want to get technical regarding what is the age of adulthood, I can argue that the laws set in place are very inconsistent. A 20 year old with a high paying job and a family IS an adult.

DeFactoCrippler

So just because the government doesn't consider what could be a very mature, well-off 20 year old adult, they are automatically a little kid who doesn't have pubes in your eyes?
    Lol the pubes thing was a joke, you must understand that.

Hyperbole ( /haɪˈpɜrbəliː/ hy-pur-bə-lee;[1] Greek: ὑπερβολή, 'exaggeration') is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.

The thing is the government sees a 18-21 year old as immature by default and not an adult. So why are you breaking my balls if I say the same thing?

Look, I'm an MMA fan big time I watch every card. You're an MMA fan as well, I don't understand why you would be offended if the UFC fanbase was immature and lowbrow as a whole? I'm still able to separate the Sport from the fans.

All you need to do is watch a show full of fans (that are all legal adults) behave in the most atrocious manner to know the maturity level. ****, they yelled racist stuff at Thiago Alves in Australia for Gods sakes. Every show the fans humiliate the sport more and more.

I feel I've been more than fair in entertaining a propaganda piece written in order to promote the UFC. That doesn't mean it's wrong, just means it biased.

DeFactoCrippler

Cmon I had to buy this FX channel in order to watch the UFC and it has the most lowbrow programming I have ever seen. "Thrillbillies" lol.

You saying the UFC and Fox didn't sit down together and come to the conclusion that it would be best to market a potential billion dollar sport to the dullest audience possible? Tells you a lot.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Lol the pubes thing was a joke, you must understand that.

Hyperbole ( /haɪˈpɜrbəliː/ hy-pur-bə-lee;[1] Greek: ὑπερβολή, 'exaggeration') is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.

The thing is the government sees a 18-21 year old as immature by default and not an adult. So why are you breaking my balls if I say the same thing?

Look, I'm an MMA fan big time I watch every card. You're an MMA fan as well, I don't understand why you would be offended if the UFC fanbase was immature and lowbrow as a whole? I'm still able to separate the Sport from the fans.

All you need to do is watch a show full of fans (that are all legal adults) behave in the most atrocious manner to know the maturity level. ****, they yelled racist stuff at Thiago Alves in Australia for Gods sakes. Every show the fans humiliate the sport more and more.

I feel I've been more than fair in entertaining a propaganda piece written in order to promote the UFC. That doesn't mean it's wrong, just means it biased.
    I think your constant use of hyperbole is frustrating and annoying at times. I think you sometimes cross the line between fooling around and just plain trolling.

There are immature assholes who are fans of every sport, so I just don't understand isolating one particular sport.

I'm done with this debate, moving on...

Vitooch
    Dayman

Cmon I had to buy this FX channel in order to watch the UFC and it has the most lowbrow programming I have ever seen. "Thrillbillies" lol.

You saying the UFC and Fox didn't sit down together and come to the conclusion that it would be best to market a potential billion dollar sport to the dullest audience possible? Tells you a lot.
    Hey, you do not talk shit about Thrillbillies. Those motherfuckers know what incest and white trash is all about.

DeFactoCrippler

I think your constant use of hyperbole is frustrating and annoying at times. I think you sometimes cross the line between fooling around and just plain trolling.
    Fair enough. It was actually an enjoyable debate, sorry if I was rude at times. I was just ******* around while watching baseball. I must have left a trail of angry fanboys in my wake, lol.
    There are immature assholes who are fans of every sport, so I just don't understand isolating one particular sport.

I'm done with this debate, moving on...
    Just being real. You dont really see tennis or golf fans acting like this.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Bottom line is Mayweather would fuk up gsp
    F*ck that... Gayweather would tap out to a f*cking featherweight.

DeFactoCrippler

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    F*ck that... Gayweather would tap out to a f*cking featherweight.
    GSP better hope the money team is there to hold floyd back or things could get ugly

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Quote Originally Posted by SharpBoxing View Post
    Ever noticed how UFC expo's are similar to comic book and video gaming expo's? Dana White knows who his target audience are.

Why would he want to mimic a boxing style and structure when boxing is becoming less relevant by the minute?

Have to love the messed up folks who lives suck so bad that they bash anything that is different.

Time for a nap grampa. There are only so many reruns of M.A.S.H

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post

Why would he want to mimic a boxing style and structure when boxing is becoming less relevant by the minute?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){ jsCall();**else{setTimeout('jsCall()',50 0);**" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    Silly. Boxing continues to serve record breaking #s through PPV, and holds the all-time record of PPV buys.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Silly. Boxing continues to serve record breaking #s through PPV, and holds the all-time record of PPV buys.
    Mayweather and Pacquiao do... who else is? Andre Ward? Carl Froch? Andre Dirrell? Kimbo Slice?!

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

MMA isn't real. It's like a street fight and most street fights last under 30 seconds... somehow Dana White has these guys fighting for 15 minutes straight? gimme a break what are they really doing for 15 minutes?

Rubber Guard

He knows he isn't selling to old men. 18-30 is pretty much the target audience until it grows as a sport. So why would he copy anything boxing does when it has no new fan base? And finds it tough to sell to younger men? They do awesome numbers on PPVs through Mexican fans and how much pride they have in their boxers. They do good with like Manny or Pacman. Not much else. But since when is PPV everything? Something like 50-60 million Brazilians watched 1 UFC card.

Boxing fans are the only fans who get so bent out of shape when something is different. Like nothing in the world can be new, it has to be old time suit and tie fixed fights. Most MMA fans were or are boxing fans. Yet Boxing fans not only aren't MMA fans.....but they get their panties all in a bunch over something they don't even call a sport. Why get so defensive over something so crappy? Seems pretty funny.

Boxing does awesome PPV numbers like 3 times a year. Boxing fans have less to choose from. There isn't an awesome card every week of the year. No one would buy a Dawson/B-Hop title fight so they had to move it off PPV.

Last edited by Rubber Guard; 05-08-12 at 05:20 PM.

Rubber Guard

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    MMA isn't real. It's like a street fight and most street fights last under 30 seconds... somehow Dana White has these guys fighting for 15 minutes straight? gimme a break what are they really doing for 15 minutes?
    It is hard to explain and seems like you wouldn't understand it.

There are many more variables than throwing strictly punches. Much more going on. Start some heavy reading up on it if you want any sort of grasp of it. You seem interested enough.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

they should put jose aldo on tv more, that dude is exciting. the fight where he beat the crap out of uriah faber was awesome. nick diaz is exciting too.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    lol

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    they should put jose aldo on tv more, that dude is exciting. the fight where he beat the crap out of uriah faber was awesome. nick diaz is exciting too.
    The Faber fight was probably his least entertaining fight yet!

First 1234 Last