PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by SharpBoxing View Post
    Also dont forget it is Dana White and his army of UFC geeks that have started the boxing vs. mma beef
    fact: you're more likely to find bob arum talking shit about mma than dana white shitting on boxing.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    fact: you're more likely to find bob arum talking shit about mma than dana white shitting on boxing.
    100% correct. You can also add a ton of people associated with Boxing like Jim Lampley, Bert Sugar(rip), Larry Merchant, among dozens of others not to mention all the Boxers like Floyd and James Toney(he was taken to school by a 47 year old man in the Octagon). The same thing would happen to Floyd if he had an MMA fight.

I was a HUGE Boxing fan in the 80's and the 90's. I no longer watch it. I don't hate it... it just doesn't interest me anymore. I don't know why so many Boxing fans feel the need to insult MMA. We get it... you don't like it... ok great. You don't need to tell us how much you hate it. We don't care.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    does anyone think a top mma star will make 40 mil in a career?
    yes, i believe gsp will make more than this amount in his career.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Right now Boxing is more popular. But for the younger generation MMA is light years ahead of Boxing. Not sure how many years it'll take but eventually MMA is going to takeover. Boxing is living off the big names that are fighting right now, when they are gone the sport will bleed.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

MMA is for 10-16 year olds. Anyone over 16 watching MMA are usually compleet geeks.
    oh shut the **** up.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    oh shut the **** up.
    The fact is that is obviously the target demographic for MMA. You can tell by the way they market their brand.

DeFactoCrippler

Lol, heres an example. In boxing they have "ring girls". MMA originally did not have ring girls because there were no rounds. MMA later added timed rounds because nobody wants to see Dan Severn lay on somebody for literally 40 minutes. They did this despite the original reason for having no timed rounds because it wasn't true to the sport.

I guess they did all this all while NOT copying boxing's blueprint, lol.

Anyways, moving onto the "ring girls". In boxing the ring girls are just some random peice of gash who mean absolutely nothing other than eye candy to hold up a number. But in MMA, they use the SAME ring girls over and over. This is so pubescent boys can develop a "crush" on them.

You can even see the little phags posting on message boards gossiping about which fighters the girls ******. They way they fawn over both the ring girls and the fighters you would think they would be first in line to clean up those sloppy seconds, lol.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Also dont forget it is Dana White and his army of UFC geeks that have started the boxing vs. mma beef
    So Bob Arum calling MMA fighters a bunch of tattooed skinheads and homosexuals is not contributing to any sort of beef. I have no problem with boxing, but MMA is more interesting for me. There are talented martial artists from all different disciplines making for unique stylistic chess matches every time.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

like boxing, dont love it. hate mma with a passion myself, let them enjoy it tho, who cares really?

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
    Lol, heres an example. In boxing they have "ring girls". MMA originally did not have ring girls because there were no rounds. MMA later added timed rounds because nobody wants to see Dan Severn lay on somebody for literally 40 minutes. They did this despite the original reason for having no timed rounds because it wasn't true to the sport.

I guess they did all this all while NOT copying boxing's blueprint, lol.

Anyways, moving onto the "ring girls". In boxing the ring girls are just some random peice of gash who mean absolutely nothing other than eye candy to hold up a number. But in MMA, they use the SAME ring girls over and over. This is so pubescent boys can develop a "crush" on them.

You can even see the little phags posting on message boards gossiping about which fighters the girls ******. They way they fawn over both the ring girls and the fighters you would think they would be first in line to clean up those sloppy seconds, lol.
    boxing's blueprint? you mean to say boxing is the first sport to divide a match into smaller periods/quarters/sets, etc.?

secondly, implementing rounds was not done to mimic boxing, but rather, it was done so the sport would be regulated by various athletic commissions.

you boxing advocates come up with some of the most inane arguments. the OP starts by pointing to the number of threads on this message board. lol. then you have someone talking about fighter's salary. yea, the fact that boxing has been around 100+ years longer than mma has nothing to do with fighter salary, right? and now, seemingly in an attempt to one-up the others, this guy is talking about ring girls. really? is that the best you guys have?

Vitooch
    Dayman

The boxing guy in this video is very similar to the pro-boxing posters in this thread: arrogant, bitter, and ignorant.

Funny how Joe Rogan is a huge boxing fan, and believes that the two sports should co-exist. Unfortunately, we have offensive oysters who think thier sport is the only one that matters. It's disgusting.
    Last edited by Vitooch; 05-06-12 at 05:07 PM.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

the OP starts by pointing to the number of threads on this message board. lol.
    the post wasn't a slap at mma, i'm just saying boxing is still king at the top level...there's NOTHING in sports like a great title fight

you just happen to be insecure enough about it to think it was a slap at mma

DeFactoCrippler

boxing's blueprint? you mean to say boxing is the first sport to divide a match into smaller periods/quarters/sets, etc.?

secondly, implementing rounds was not done to mimic boxing, but rather, it was done so the sport would be regulated by various athletic commissions.
    Well, considering how you literally bet $1 on MMA fights I would bet that you weren't even alive for UFC 1. But thanks for the history lesson, lol. Does this sound familiar "hey guys 5dimes released the lines which way do you think they're moving, I want to save 20 literal cents on my play!"

PS you would not at all qualify as a pathetic little MMA fanboy, not at all.

Vitooch
    Dayman

He can get rid of them , find other untalented bums ,put them in a cage and let them beat the shit out of each other. UFC geeks wouldnt know the difference.
    This is the DEFINITION of trolling my ignorant friend.

DeFactoCrippler

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post

The boxing guy in this video is very similar to the pro-boxing posters in this thread: arrogant, bitter, and ignorant.

Funny how Joe Rogan is a huge boxing fan, and believes that the two sports should co-exist. Unfortunately, we have offensive oysters who think thier sport is the only one that matters. It's disgusting.
    No one is saying that MMA doesn't matter. I love MMA and would be very sad if it went away. However, that doesn't change the fact that the UFC markets to kids aged 16 and under and most MMA fans are little kids who thought they had a pubic hair until they pissed out of it.

Vitooch
    Dayman

most MMA fans are little kids who thought they had a pubic hair until they pissed out of it.
    "Mixed Martial Arts (MMA), a sport combining boxing and martial arts, is attracting young, well-established, high-tech consumers, according to sports fan research firm Scarborough Sports Marketing. Scarborough examined the shopping patterns, demographics and lifestyles of Mixed Martial Arts fans* and found that these adults are 51 percent more likely than the average American to be ages 18-24; 25 percent more likely to have a household size of three or more people; and 67 percent more likely to be male.
    In addition to their youthful demographics, MMA fans have sound financials. They are 15 percent more likely than the average American adult to have a household income of $75k+ and 10 percent more likely to own a second home. They are selective investors and six percent more likely to have stocks or stock options in their household, and 33 percent more likely to invest online."

Your perception of the MMA fan demographic is very skewed.

DeFactoCrippler

"Mixed Martial Arts (MMA), a sport combining boxing and martial arts, is attracting young, well-established, high-tech consumers, according to sports fan research firm Scarborough Sports Marketing. Scarborough examined the shopping patterns, demographics and lifestyles of Mixed Martial Arts fans* and found that these adults are 51 percent more likely than the average American to be ages 18-24; 25 percent more likely to have a household size of three or more people; and 67 percent more likely to be male.
    In addition to their youthful demographics, MMA fans have sound financials. They are 15 percent more likely than the average American adult to have a household income of $75k+ and 10 percent more likely to own a second home. They are selective investors and six percent more likely to have stocks or stock options in their household, and 33 percent more likely to invest online."

Your perception of the MMA fan demographic is very skewed.
    SAYING that you are marketing a violent sport to children is not a good PR move, lol. But who do you think they are marketing these UFC "dolls", or I'm sorry "action figures" to? Grown men aged 18-24? Please answer honestly.

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

kids think wrestling is real so who cares.

as99
    as99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2252

Look the UFC crowds during weigh-ins, events, q&a.

They are adults, not kids.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    the post wasn't a slap at mma, i'm just saying boxing is still king at the top level...there's NOTHING in sports like a great title fight

you just happen to be insecure enough about it to think it was a slap at mma
    Well you fooled me. Maybe the way you chose to title the thread?

And quite frankly it didn't offend me at all. I find the whole boxing> mma argument to be silly and idiotic. Its a matter of opinion.

But then you have the true morons who try to bolster their argument with the most irrelevant facts. Can't help but laugh. Ring girls?

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

SAYING that you are marketing a violent sport to children is not a good PR move, lol. But who do you think they are marketing these UFC "dolls", or I'm sorry "action figures" to? Grown men aged 18-24? Please answer honestly.
    Justin beiber perhaps?

DeFactoCrippler

Well you fooled me. Maybe the way you chose to title the thread?

And quite frankly it didn't offend me at all. I find the whole boxing> mma argument to be silly and idiotic. Its a matter of opinion.

But then you have the true morons who try to bolster their argument with the most irrelevant facts. Can't help but laugh. Ring girls?
    Lol, you bet $1 on fights. Do you really expect anyone to take you seriously? Do you really think that you posting makes MMA fans look lke anything other than child like fanboys?

Seriously, 1 ******* dollar? Why even bother betting it, lol. Please answer that I would really love to know.

DeFactoCrippler

Quote Originally Posted by as99 View Post
    Look the UFC crowds during weigh-ins, events, q&a.

They are adults, not kids.
    Yeah, because not too many kids work for the press.

Vitooch
    Dayman

The research firm that conducted this study is not affiliated with the UFC. These statistics are unbiased and accurate. Therefore, your claim that the UFC's fans are young children has been proven false. . There are MLB action figure, there are NBA action figures. The UFC, MLB, NBA will try to profit with any sort of merchandising they can think of. Nerdy fans exist in every sport. However, to say that MOST UFC fans are nerdy or children is absolutely asanine.

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Boxing will be dead in about 2 years..Who cares really?

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Lol, you bet $1 on fights. Do you really expect anyone to take you seriously? Do you really think that you posting makes MMA fans look lke anything other than child like fanboys?

Seriously, 1 ******* dollar? Why even bother betting it, lol. Please answer that I would really love to know.

yep, you nailed it homie. $1 bets. wasnt alive for ufc 1. anything else? i'll help you out. im also a virgin that lives in my parents basement. we get your schtick, pal. you come around here and don't offer anything constructive. have you even made a recommendation on a single fight? oh, thats right. you can't make any recommendations since you pay for all your picks.

DeFactoCrippler

The research firm that conducted this study is not affiliated with the UFC. These statistics are unbiased and accurate. Therefore, your claim that the UFC's fans are young children has been proven false. . There are MLB action figure, there are NBA action figures. The UFC, MLB, NBA will try to profit with any sort of merchandising they can think of. Nerdy fans exist in every sport. However, to say that MOST UFC fans are nerdy or children is absolutely asanine.
    I asked you a question. Who do you think they market the dolls to?

DeFactoCrippler

yep, you nailed it homie. $1 bets. wasnt alive for ufc 1. anything else? i'll help you out. im also a virgin that lives in my parents basement. we get your schtick, pal. you come around here and don't offer anything constructive. have you even made a recommendation on a single fight? oh, thats right. you can't make any recommendations since you pay for all your picks.
    Lol. Why ru hatin cuz I've been taking the big package from custom2006? God you really are a moron.

Vitooch
    Dayman

I asked you a question. Who do you think they market the dolls to?
    The same demographic the MLB, NBA, NFL market their dolls to.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33450

Starting MMA vs. Boxing threads should result in a point deduction or some other form punishment. Nobody posts threads about tennis vs. golf or whatever. If you like one better than the other then great, but there's no need to troll the other sport.

DeFactoCrippler

The same demographic the MLB, NBA, NFL market their dolls to.
    Children?

DeFactoCrippler

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Starting MMA vs. Boxing threads should result in a point deduction or some other form punishment. Nobody posts threads about tennis vs. golf or whatever. If you like one better than the other then great, but there's no need to troll the other sport.
    No one is trolling the sport. Just the fans, lol.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Children?
    Yes. So does this mean that most MLB, NBA, NFL and UFC fans are children?

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Bottom line is Mayweather would fuk up gsp

Vitooch
    Dayman

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Bottom line is Mayweather would fuk up gsp
    In a boxing match or an MMA match?

First 1234 Last