zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Palhares has shot all the way up toe -280.

is the value starting be on Belcher now at these odds? is Palhares suspect to getting KO'd by Belchers nasty strikes. or is Palhares going to submit Belcher no matter what? any input is appreciated.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Neither.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Palhares has been at those odds for ages, not like there has been a sudden change. He's -254 on sportbet

zoo youk

do you think Belcher can dominate him in striking, prevent him from getting take downs and possible KO him, V?

Bagalut
    Bagalut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 647

belcher won't be able to knock palhares out nor can he defend the takedowns of palhares. He will lose via sub or dec.

zoo youk

size advantage and reach worries me that he'll be able to hurt him with strikess

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    size advantage and reach worries me that he'll be able to hurt him with strikess
    the only guy he's really put away with strikes was gouvia, and to be fair alan was getting tagged the fudge up in that fight up until landing that crushing uppercut (and really he gets tagged up in most fights that play out on the feet). Sloppy technique in gouivia fight too, especially defensively, from both men (call me crazy but I wouldn't rule out a toquinho tko). Hendo and linhares didn't put toquinho out wiht strikes and they are better than alan on the feet imo... Alan did take out santiago, but did most the damage from santiago's guard and landed the head kick ko in the 3rd - something that is certainly possible against a shorty like toquinho as he slows down in the 3rd... I can see alan winning a UD or perhaps stopping him in the 3rd with strikes when toquinho slows down, but I think alan will be on his back the first two rounds if it gets that far and will either have been subbed or will be on his way to losing a UD. If palhares is too pricey for you then take belcher, but really just stay away if you don't like it. Keeep in mind that toquino has some long ass arms for a short guy, he's 5 inches shorter than belcher but only has a 4 inch reach disadvantage when with most guys such a height difference would result in a much bigger reach difference I think.... I really like toquinho and will be paying the juice str8 up on him, but then again I could be underrestimating alan's stand up and his tdd and could very well ruin my night... GL.