Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    Stop posting in this forum.
    Me?
    cotto is the right side here

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

Quote Originally Posted by Dank_Fire View Post
    Shane Mosley has lost his last four fights, hasnt one since turning 40. something boxers have trouble doing
    You can tell i was stoned when i wrote won like one earlier lol

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mike,

Miguel has no chance in this bout.

Changing gears,

I find it laughable that people honestly believe Floyd is "scared" of Manny. Floyd offered Manny a higher payday than Manny has ever personally banked. Manny wants 50/50 of all revenue; which is ridiculous considering Floyd is PPV king. He's raked in far more PPV money, and is unquestionably the bigger draw. Note that nobody discusses Manny without mentioning Floyd, while Floyd has been relevant in the sport of boxing since he was a teenage prospect.

I will also say that if it were not for the spite of Bob Arum, who once spoke as glowingly of Floyd as he did Manny (before Floyd went independent), the fight would have happened ages ago.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

I find it laughable that people think cotto has no chance

And that anyone taking cotto is met with ridicule and disdain, that confirms even further that cotto is the play

SBR Lou

Furthermore, anybody who foolishly believes that a Manny vs Floyd fight would be remotely close should go watch the tapes of Marquez vs Manny, then look at Floyd vs Marquez. Bordering stupid it's so ridiculous.

Edit: I don't think anyone here is "stupid" -- just that the premise of the bout being close is, based on available facts. =)

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

And that anyone taking cotto is met with ridicule and disdain, that confirms even further that cotto is the play
    It's a silly bet, but if you think it has value, I can understand why you'd take it. Certainly a good return if it turns out you're right, I just think you couldn't be further off the mark and have yet to see why you believe it is indeed a worthwhile bet. Anything at all other than puncher's chance?

milwaukee mike

Lou you cant compare how the fighters did against a common opponent, different styles and anything can happen in a single fight, game, etc

People thought i was crazy taking the sixers ml tonight and theyre up 21

Hankwins
    Hankwins's Avatar Become A Pro!

the odds suck

I bet 15K on lennox lewis vs michaeal grant at -200. I've got burned taking heavy favorites before but if had that 15k now i'd bet it on on mayweather to win a few grand.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    It's a silly bet, but if you think it has value, I can understand why you'd take it. Certainly a good return if it turns out you're right, I just think you couldn't be further off the mark and have yet to see why you believe it is indeed a worthwhile bet. Anything at all other than puncher's chance?
    What has mayweather done at 154 lbs other than beat an over the hill de la hoya?

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

Mike is right, Cotto has a serious chance here. its not like floyd is fighting victor ortiz again

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

there is a reason these books set these lines real high when it is a superstar fighting. They love to suck in money on the dog and it works jjust by reading this thread. If the fight is close guess who wins? He wins even if it isn't close.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm taking Cotto and I don't give a fukk.

I know Mayweather is going to win. I don't care.

Cotto at +450 is too good to pass on.

Worth taking a shot.

SharpBoxing
    SharpBoxing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5521

I have a feeling the Mosley-Canelo fight is a fix to boost Canelo's popularity.

And Cotto has been hurt by counterpunchers like Malignaggi and Judah who dont have the skills nor the speed of Mayweather.
    Mayweather can definitly stop Cotto if he chooses.

So the only good bets in those 2 fights are Canelo and Mayweather by stoppage

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

JJ has a better chance of actually needing to use a comb than Cotto does of winning. Floyd will hit his wall in a year or so. The simple fact is he is an extrodinary boxer and a sharp businessman. People shell out top dollar in the hope that they see him lose. I like both fighters but Cotto is outclassed in this matchup and I have not heard anything from the black folks in Vegas saying Floyd isn't in good shape for the match.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    a fellow boxing gambler bud and i were discussing this....took a 3-way par(hate parring 3-way,but it looks do-able) with dawson/mayweather and khan laying one to win .7....i thought khan won the first fight with peterson and peterson took some serious damage in the fight....khan will come out here with a purpose and a stoppage wouldn`t surprise me...

cotto looks a bit diminished to me(harder to tell vs other diminished fighters like a one-eyed margarito)...he won`t be able to out-maneuver and out-slick floyd like he did margarito...he`s gonna have to press mayweather and make it real ugly....if he has a shot,he`ll have to do some serious body work early....

but i don`t see it with the 2012 cotto....would have been a better fight vs a "pre-maragarito 1" cotto....the worry is floyd`s age and inactivity.......
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 05-02-12 at 09:11 AM.

SBR Chris
    SBR Chris's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does Mayweather fear Pacquiao?

Health is more important than anything because guess what? When my career is over, if I'm hurt because of something that has happened in a fight, I can't come to you and say, 'I need (money).' People say, 'We don't give a f--- if he's taking or not; we just want to see the fight. We don't give a f--- about your health and we don't give a f--- about your family.' I care about my family. I love my family. They're going to be there when no one else is there. When my career is over, you're all going to move on to the next one…This is how the world is, you get writers saying, 'Floyd is scared.' No, Floyd cares about his family. Floyd is smart. You all know for a fact I'm not scared. You all know that.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Mayweather/Cotto not a draw at -1000 at SBR book is significantly off market.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I can only put 10 points on props?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

It let me do more than that.

Beelzebubzy

I used free play points. Could that be the reason or am I a Ra- tard

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    I can only put 10 points on props?
    Getting limited on SBR...tht's when u know u've made it son!

Beelzebubzy

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Getting limited on SBR...tht's when u know u've made it son!
    hahah SBR wont let me eat. I want my papa johns fake pizza gift card

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

haha

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

I used free play points. Could that be the reason or am I a Ra- tard
    Could be both. . .

Shouldn't use freeplays on favorites. Only dogs, and the larger the better.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Chris View Post
    Does Mayweather fear Pacquiao?

Health is more important than anything because guess what? When my career is over, if I'm hurt because of something that has happened in a fight, I can't come to you and say, 'I need (money).' People say, 'We don't give a f--- if he's taking or not; we just want to see the fight. We don't give a f--- about your health and we don't give a f--- about your family.' I care about my family. I love my family. They're going to be there when no one else is there. When my career is over, you're all going to move on to the next one…This is how the world is, you get writers saying, 'Floyd is scared.' No, Floyd cares about his family. Floyd is smart. You all know for a fact I'm not scared. You all know that.
    Ironic how he's going to jail for domestic violence.

Beelzebubzy

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Could be both. . .

Shouldn't use freeplays on favorites. Only dogs, and the larger the better.
    That is actually a smart idea. Every day at work I feel intelligent, then Nunya knocks me down a step.
    thank you Nunya for constantly bringing my ego back to earth.

SBR Chris

As every punter and his dog is saying that poor Miguel has no chance, casting a bit of Bait on Cotto.....

Points back on all losing Cotto Round bets if Mayweather wins by split decision or it's a draw

Get involved here.
    Last edited by SBR Chris; 05-02-12 at 03:46 PM.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

That is actually a smart idea. Every day at work I feel intelligent, then Nunya knocks me down a step.
    thank you Nunya for constantly bringing my ego back to earth.
    I got married for exactly the same reason. . .

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the reason they are met with "ridicule and disdain" is because they bring absolutely no logic to support their claim of

"I don't even watch boxing but the odds maker is a MORON for setting Cotto at that price. I'm gonna POUND him for 100 betpoints and teach the books a lesson!"

What do think people should say to that? Anyways, lets talk about a few things that get overlooked in these brilliant, in-depth discussions that have gone on so far.

Something to think about is the fact that Floyd was pressing to use 8 ounce gloves against Cotto. His reason for doing this was to "give the fans what they want", a stoppage. But Cotto refused.

Now, why would Floyd as someone who the haters would claim wants everything "his way" going into a fight choose SMALLER gloves when his whole career he has usually pressed for him and his opponents to wear the softest gloves possible? Especially considering the problems Floyd has had with his hands.

Also, why would a guy like Cotto who has to "press mayweather and make it real ugly" not jump at the chance to use 8 ounce gloves which would make his job a whole lot easier? It's because Floyd and Cotto both know exactly who will be taking the damage, lol.

Finally, because you fockers love those angles, wouldn't this be a great spot for a "letdown" from Cotto? He just came off a win avenging possibly the biggest loss of his career to a guy who cheated. He did this infront of a large Rican crowd where he was the favorite. Yeah, I'm sure he will never be hungrier now that he is coming off that win and fighting a guy nobody expects him to beat for a huge payday.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by SharpBoxing View Post

And Cotto has been hurt by counterpunchers like Malignaggi and Judah who dont have the skills nor the speed of Mayweather.
    Mayweather can definitly stop Cotto if he chooses.

So the only good bets in those 2 fights are Canelo and Mayweather by stoppage

Mayweather's not going to stop Cotto, he's not Margarito or Pac-man, Floyd by UD. When Judah fought Cotto he had the speed and the skill of Mayweather, without a doubt. It's just that Cotto was better than he was before.

Sugar Shane has never been finished and he's shown that when he's worried about an opponents punching power he won't mind clinching all day long and saving that little record. That and if you can't take Mathew Hatton out you're not taking Sugar Shane out.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by SharpBoxing View Post
    No shit.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you need people to bet Cotto at your book the last thing you want to do is appeal to their logic. Just start talking about how much money Floyd has, how much he bets, and the fact he is black because that will really incite the emotions you need to get those Cotto bets rolling in. Hell, you could have kept all those prop bets as well, no need for refunds.

SBR Chris

Prop on Mosley fight

May 05 - 12:00 AM TOTAL ROUNDS - SHANE MOSLEY VS SAUL ALVAREZ
    1 OVER 9.5 ROUNDS -275
    2 UNDER 9.5 ROUNDS +245

ChiTownFinest
    ChiTownFinest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

How is Mayweather unmotivated....Doing 3-a-days and training 3 hours straight. There is not one thing that Cotto does better than Mayweather.

cotto is going to win this fight

take the big odds and make yourself rich

mayweather is unmotivated and has hit the career wall, he's going to be surprised in this fight

First 12345 Last