TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Another crappy UFC main event

Really getting sick of spending so much time watching these for free

F**k you Dana White and the Fertittas

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

i don't think the sport is for you if you think that was a crappy fight.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    i don't think the sport is for you if you think that was a crappy fight.
    That was a crappy fight. The under card matches were better.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah what were you watching?

was a pretty good fight i thought.

Fang-Banger
    Fang-Banger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Who won?

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Quote Originally Posted by Fang-Banger View Post
    Who won?
    Jones

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Thought main card was great tonight. 2 Awesome KOs!!

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

If Jon Jones didn't have that freakish reach advantage over Sugar Rashad this would have been much more entertaining of a main event fight. But with that said it wasn't so bad....two very talented fighters both employing strategy against one another.

The better fighter won. Hats off to Sugar Rashad though....he showed he could take some shots and not back down.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7579

no one currently in that weight class has a prayer to beat jones. i think evans was the last step for jones to prove he is the hands down best light heavyweight with no questions.

it wasn't the most entertaining fight but it proved jones is by far the best light heavyweight. that division hasn't had on dominant fighter in awhile, one who can defend the title over and over again like jones has.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    no one currently in that weight class has a prayer to beat jones. i think evans was the last step for jones to prove he is the hands down best light heavyweight with no questions.

it wasn't the most entertaining fight but it proved jones is by far the best light heavyweight. that division hasn't had on dominant fighter in awhile, one who can defend the title over and over again like jones has.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Lyoto Machida in a re-match against Jon Bones Jones. I think Machida had the best strategy and talent to beat Jon Bones and almost won the first time they fought. Would like to see what happens the second time around.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Really getting sick of spending so much time watching these for free

F**k you Dana White and the Fertittas
    lol, was it a great fight? No. but far from crappy. If a fight ends quick in the 1st like Overeem/Lesnar or JDS/Velasquez people say its crappy. If it goes 5 rounds like tonight its crappy again. I think you should stick with WWE where the fights are scripted to your liking and end in a stone cold stunner

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

lol is the stunner legal in the octagon i would pay 2 c that

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Lyoto Machida in a re-match against Jon Bones Jones. I think Machida had the best strategy and talent to beat Jon Bones and almost won the first time they fought. Would like to see what happens the second time around.
    i agree, and they will have to start rematching him because he tore through the division so quickly. he'll fight machida and evans again if i had to guess.

that first fight of theirs was such a classic. machida dominated the first round, then the second round was like a totally different fight. you don't often see someone get put to sleep standing up. i don't think machida has a prayer to beat jones but i would certainly love to see him try as jones has never been in trouble like he was in that first round.

getlucky2win
    faded

machida has no chance. dont want to c any rematches. jones will beat hendo then gustafson (if he beats a top guy 1st). then move to heavyweight

texhooper

yeah, next fight will be hendo, forgot about him. he will destroy hendo. and who knows if he will move or if guys will move to his class. i don't usually care for that, honestly. it affects most guys poorly.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    i don't think machida has a prayer to beat jones but i would certainly love to see him try as jones has never been in trouble like he was in that first round.
    I agree with you. It was an exciting fight because Machida and his Samurai spirit would not accept succumbing to the reach advantage and just wait around for a lucky counterpunch.

Evans could not deal with the reach adv. of Jones and knew it, so for 5 rounds it was the same thing, dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge overhand right! damn i missed again dodge dodge dodge...

The ONLY reason some of you are bashing me saying i don't know fighting and it wasn't that bad of a fight is because it was the main event and there was excitement and anticipation. If it were two different fighters on UFC fight night undercard you all would be screaming hoarse shit

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Dana White ruined MMA. its garbage now.. Golden years gone..90% generic fighters now, no style.

I dont buy UFC PPVs no morez.

getlucky2win
    faded

go watch womens tennis then

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Dana White ruined MMA. its garbage now.. Golden years gone..90% generic fighters now, no style.

I dont buy UFC PPVs no morez.
    generic fighters and no style?

kinger.. i think they have just evolved more, everyone is more competitive and learning more things so it appears more boring to the general public.

its more technical than ever.

Devin22
    Devin22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Get real here. The Jones - Rashad fight was just okay. And thats the fight that was supposed to be the fight of fights. Not. Let down. Well, if you hype a fight like that, then you need to deliver. The undercards were better.

NYSportsGuy210

Lyoto Machida has a legit shot of beating Jon Bones Jones because first of all he is as tall with a better reach than Rashad Evans has and secondly the guy can evade an attack better than anyone else in MMA. He moves around the ring back & pedals out of danger all the time.

Also Machida goes at Jon Bones Jones straight on like a mad man when he os on the offensive...throwing a flurry of those hurricane punches non stop. Not just one or two punches at a times....but he literally bum rushes the guy. That's what Jon Bones Jones couldn't handle the first time they met.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!

Quote Originally Posted by Devin22 View Post
    Get real here. The Jones - Rashad fight was just okay. And thats the fight that was supposed to be the fight of fights. Not. Let down. Well, if you hype a fight like that, then you need to deliver. The undercards were better.
    hyping a fight has nothing to do with what's going to happen.

if someone hyped up your fight you're just going to go balls to the walls to impress the crowd? or stick to a game plan and be victorious?

Devin22

Game plan? What if there game plan is to pick there nose the whole match, bottomline is the match was just so-so and that match had all hype in the world.

icecapper
    icecapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

Over 2.5 rounds never in jeopardy!

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

the under card was great. some good knock outs. but the main even did not live up to its billing at all. this was supposed to be one of the biggest fights in MMA history. really thought both fighters would show a lot more passion, animosity and go for the kill. I think deep down they are still really good friends, all the hate bullshit was just to sell tickets. you could tell the both didn't want to take each other out. Bones could have really went hard after he was rocking Rashad with those elbows but laid back.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    generic fighters and no style?

kinger.. i think they have just evolved more, everyone is more competitive and learning more things so it appears more boring to the general public.

its more technical than ever.
    Nahh i dont think its more technical.. What i see is everyone being "alright" in every aspect of Mma but not great at one thing, which leads to generic fighters. No style.

But everybody has their own opinion brother

Devin22

They should of sent in wrestler Jerry Lawler vs. comedian Andy Kaufman. Now that would be some real action.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Eh it's free so whatever

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

seriously hasnt been a reason to buy a ufc ppv in years... after silva destroys that loudmouth punk, sonnen, both silva and jones should never be the main fights for a ppv until someone is even remotely worthy to fight them....its too fukking boring...they dominate...and while tonights card had some action, it was whoreshit...mcdonald the only up and comer on the reg card and the rest, nobody gives a fukk about...it was garbage with a garbage -500 main that played out more boring than expected...the fight sucked

ufc has peaked and is falling, kids...even though it ran its cokksucker plenty, it never reached the goal of taking over boxing...never even came close, never...

why some idiot rednecks keep spending money on the horrible shirts, hats etc and blowing hard earned money on the excessive garbage ppv fights , is beyond me... greatest fans? uh no...worst taste in style and no idea about real entertainment? no doubt!

NYSportsGuy210

Silva vs. GSP or Jones Bones Jones will be the ultimate pinnacle of this sport.

raydog

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Silva vs. GSP or Jones Bones Jones will be the ultimate pinnacle of this sport.
    common misconception... silva entirely too big for gsp and jones entirely too big for silva...(although that would make for a much better fight than silva/gsp...and probably better than tonight main event) ...

NYSportsGuy210

Dude Silva can fight anybody any size. He would beat Jon Bones Jones right now.

Jon Bones Jones in another 6 months may be another story the way he is going though.

raydog

as if 6 months to the best fighter in mma would make some sort of a difference over a guy he would be 15-20lbs bigger than... another completely delusional and clueless post...i cant argue with complete stupid...sorry buddy ... some other night when there is something worth debating...this isnt

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

it was -495, did you really expect a close fight?

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    as if 6 months to the best fighter in mma would make some sort of a difference over a guy he would be 15-20lbs bigger than... another completely delusional and clueless post...i cant argue with complete stupid...sorry buddy ... some other night when there is something worth debating...this isnt

Coming from a d*ckweed like you I expect drivel.

12 Last