And fight to go distance @ -195

Put a line play @ evens just now
    Let's go mcdonald!!!!!

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    One thing that would concern me if going big on McDonald is that he is still at Oakdale MMA and not exactly sparring and working with many high-level guys. This doesn't necessarily mean that he isn't evolving, he says he is still being challenged there and intends to stay loyal to his gym for rest of his career.
    Yep. I listened to his interview with Ariel.

Michael talked about his body wearing versus Figs and Caraiso. He was also immature in his 1st fight with Escovedo and paid for it. I'll take his poor performances with a grain of salt but everyone has excuses when they lose... I'm sure he'll come up with something if Torres beats him. He does sound more mature than most 21 year olds though.

With regards to his training at Oakdale MMA, I don't see that as a significant limitation, especially for the Torres fight... I mean look what Bendo has achieved without jumping to a major camp. Torres has the much better camp with Firas' gameplanning but it sure didn't help him vs MM throwing his heel kicks into MM's back while losing points for being controlled.

I still haven't watched tape on these fighters but I don't think it'll help too, too much. Is McDonald gonna look the same in Round three if he's healthy? Is Torres going to look the same vs a guy who doesn't have a controlling top game? Is their standup static? I'd say these two guys have modified their striking more than almost anyone at BW in the past couple of years. I can't play this fight big in either direction without more info.

KushMoney
    KushMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Miguel Torres via Decision @ +170. POUND THAT SHIT.

He's gonna do what he wants to McDonald.
    Didn't McDonald have a war vs. Edwin Figueroa?

Low Key neither of them are that good, and Torres is better than most.

There's no way McDonald KO's or Submits a guy like Miguel Torres. Torres is boring now he will be looking to grind out a Decision win. Guys who go out with this sort of gameplan usually get the job done.

Both McDonalds won't win, and Rory isn't losing.

Jones via Submission, brah. C'mon now. Rashad get's hit in every one of his fights. Jones punches really hard. He will hurt Rashad and school him on the ground. Prolly gonna kick him in the knees, too. Shit's gonna be cash.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by KushMoney View Post
    There's no way McDonald KO's or Submits a guy like Miguel Torres. Torres is boring now he will be looking to grind out a Decision win. Guys who go out with this sort of gameplan usually get the job done.
    i'm with bigday on the mayday pick. i also capped mcdonald as the slight favorite. however, i do agree that its unlikely mcdonald gets a finish and have played mcdonald by decision. the only thing that worries me is torres seems to cut easily (maybe im wrong about this, but i seem to remember him cutting above the eye on a few occasions).

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miguel Torres via Decision @ +170. POUND THAT SHIT.

He's gonna do what he wants to McDonald.
    Didn't McDonald have a war vs. Edwin Figueroa?

Low Key neither of them are that good, and Torres is better than most.

Both McDonalds won't win, and Rory isn't losing.

Jones via Submission, brah. C'mon now. Rashad get's hit in every one of his fights. Jones punches really hard. He will hurt Rashad and school him on the ground. Prolly gonna kick him in the knees, too. Shit's gonna be cash.

Why do you think Torres is going to have his way with a young, hungry kid like McDonald. I am looking at Torres's resume, and I am honestly not that impressed. Don't get me wrong, Miquel is a warrior and dangerous, but he loses to anyone in the top five. He beat Banuelos, Valencia, and imo a mediocre Nick Pace. Not impressed. His record of 40-4 isn't accurate because many of those fights were against Cans in low level organizations. He might as well be 14-4, not 40-4. Miquel isn't getting any younger and he is fading imo. He loses to anyone that is above average, ie - D. Johnson, Benevidez, and Bowles. McDonald is just maturing into his potential and I put McDonald as a -125 favorite and at even, he is $$$.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Gotta play Rashad by decision if at all. Lay n pray is his only chance. But he won't win.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyX View Post
    Why do you think Torres is going to have his way with a young, hungry kid like McDonald.
    I was kinda hoping people would share their insight as to why Mcdonald is the clear play. So far we have

Torres will not have is normal advantages in this fight and I love how well McDonald mixes his striking perfectly.

Holy shit! How could I not see this myself! His striking, he mixes it perfectly!

brb taking out a second mortgage so I can POUND this line based on that extremely vague, one sentence break down.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
    I was kinda hoping people would share their insight as to why Mcdonald is the clear play. So far we have

Holy shit! How could I not see this myself! His striking, he mixes it perfectly!

brb taking out a second mortgage so I can POUND this line based on that extremely vague, one sentence break down.
    Ya, I hear ya. Either play is dangerous imo. I am taking McDonald for his strength. I am also banking on his youth basically, call me retarded if you want to... This kid has lived in the gym since he was 13. He has KO power which is rare at 135lbs. He is only an inch shorter than Torres, and he seems to get inside well, so I don't think reach will be an issue, could be wrong though. I believe this fight goes to the ground only if McDonald wants it to, or if they get mixed up in a random scramble, and Torres happens lands on top. On the ground, I obviously give Torres a big advantage, and if it goes there early than I am in trouble, for sure. I also am banking on the fact that McDonald has matured since his fight with Cariaso and Figueroa and improved. He didn't look awesome by any means, but he was young and green, and I am hoping he will come out and make a statement against Miguel. That is why I am betting on McDonald.

DeFactoCrippler

Ya, I hear ya. Either play is dangerous imo. I am taking McDonald for his strength. I am also banking on his youth basically, call me retarded if you want to... This kid has lived in the gym since he was 13. He has KO power which is rare at 135lbs. He is only an inch shorter than Torres, and he seems to get inside well, so I don't think reach will be an issue, could be wrong though. I believe this fight goes to the ground only if McDonald wants it to, or if they get mixed up in a random scramble, and Torres happens lands on top. On the ground, I obviously give Torres a big advantage, and if it goes there early than I am in trouble, for sure. I also am banking on the fact that McDonald has matured since his fight with Cariaso and Figueroa and improved. He didn't look awesome by any means, but he was young and green, and I am hoping he will come out and make a statement against Miguel. That is why I am betting on McDonald.
    I'm not saying anyone is wrong with the Mcdonald play, just that the reasoning given so far was pretty thin. I think the best play is a distance prop. Mcdonald had problems with leg kicks and that might be a strategy Torres will try and use. Might lead to a win but doesn't really lead to a finish.

Do you honestly see Mcdonald KO'ing Torres or catching him in a sub?

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

[QUOTE=DeFactoCrippler;14477552]I'm not saying anyone is wrong with the Mcdonald play, just that the reasoning given so far was pretty thin. I think the best play is a distance prop. Mcdonald had problems with leg kicks and that might be a strategy Torres will try and use. Might lead to a win but doesn't really lead to a finish.

Do you honestly see Mcdonald KO'ing Torres or catching him in a sub?[/QUOTE]

A KO? Yes, I could see him KOing Torres early on. Maybe even a TKO in round two, but that is unlikely. I mean, shit I didn't think Benevidez was going to sub him, so ya I think a KO could happen with McDonald's power. More than likely, I see him rocking Torres early, and taking his confidence away early on in the fight. Once McDonald does that, he will get progressively more dominant as the fight goes on. (Remember, that is just my opinion, and wishful thinking) McDonald by decision or KO is what I am banking on... I am really doing it for the odds more than anything, if McDonald was at -120 or -150, then I would prob. bet on Torres. It is hard to find anyone at even odds anymore. I am a big fan of Torres, but I just think he is past his prime and McDonald is just coming into his. I also think Torres resume is over-rated, he shouldn't be listed as 40-4. Most of those wins are cans, in small organizations, he loses to anybody ranked in the top five at 135lbs imo. Could be wrong though.. Thoughts?

I just had an epifany (spelling) - I just have a gut feeling that Torres could get stopped by a cut. Seems like he cuts easily, like Nick Diaz... Is that an accurate assessment you think?
    Last edited by DirtyX; 04-17-12 at 03:32 PM.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Deck is done boys...

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Added 440 square feet of cedar decking.. This is where I will be sweating out my McDonald wager.

And yes, I can see McDonald KOing Torres out. Honestly think that he hosts some of the best knock out power in the 135lb weight class.

Guys, I've lost my fare share of wagers, I feel that Torres also doesn't pull the trigger enough to out point McDonald by just his striking alone. I fact I see Torres a lot of times just take abuse. Take abuse from McDonald and you could find yourself KO'd. Just the way I see it. I also believe that McDonald might find a way to get the fight to the ground if needed.

Best of Luck as always boys!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Deck is done boys...

Very nice, with the BBQ set up ready!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Grill and smoker are now out of the way and ready to go!

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Jones doesn't punch particularly hard, he's a great striker but he's not really heavy handed.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

I think Torres has a good jab, but I doubt he keeps Michael at bay with his jab like most opponents. Micheal follows his punches up with good combos. Sometimes 4 to5 punch combos. This along with my prediction of Torres fading is the reason for laying about double what I usualy do for a fight that I like.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    Jones doesn't punch particularly hard, he's a great striker but he's not really heavy handed.
    Completely agree. Jones is a BEAST in the clinch, I just see Rashad avoiding the clinch. If Rashad gets wrapped up in Jones's clinch, it's over..

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Bigday can I come over on fight night?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Bigday can I come over on fight night?
    I'll role the red carpet out for ya pal.

Smoke

I'll role the red carpet out for ya pal.
    thanks pal

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Smokey, what kind of beer do you prefer? Let me know pal.

DeFactoCrippler

[QUOTE=DirtyX;14477868]
    A KO? Yes, I could see him KOing Torres early on. Maybe even a TKO in round two, but that is unlikely. I mean, shit I didn't think Benevidez was going to sub him, so ya I think a KO could happen with McDonald's power. More than likely, I see him rocking Torres early, and taking his confidence away early on in the fight. Once McDonald does that, he will get progressively more dominant as the fight goes on. (Remember, that is just my opinion, and wishful thinking) McDonald by decision or KO is what I am banking on... I am really doing it for the odds more than anything, if McDonald was at -120 or -150, then I would prob. bet on Torres. It is hard to find anyone at even odds anymore. I am a big fan of Torres, but I just think he is past his prime and McDonald is just coming into his. I also think Torres resume is over-rated, he shouldn't be listed as 40-4. Most of those wins are cans, in small organizations, he loses to anybody ranked in the top five at 135lbs imo. Could be wrong though.. Thoughts?

I just had an epifany (spelling) - I just have a gut feeling that Torres could get stopped by a cut. Seems like he cuts easily, like Nick Diaz... Is that accurate assessment you think?
    McDonald KTFOd Soto and it looked great but a lot of that had to do with Soto just walking directly into those, lol. Mcdonald definitely has power but I'm not sure he can engineer a KO against experienced guys. That Soto kid was just a replacement.

Torres seems to have an OK chin. I don't remember him being rocked too many times, bowles was kinda a flash knockdown, and hehasn't really been hurt by anything he shouldn't have been hurt by.

I agree about Torres's record. 40 and 4 makes you think he is a beast but alot of them seemed to be major cans, like not even real fighters. But it's still experience and counts for something. On the other hand Mcdonald seems to have fought cans before coming to the UFC, and he has still to face top level guys in the UFC.

As for the cuts, I remember Torres got cut BAD against benavidez but I don't really remember cuts being a recurring issue in his bouts. Guys like Diaz and Marcus Davis have a ton of scar tissue so they cut up real easy from just superficial damage. Nick Diaz just goes out and does Nick Diaz and he will be bleeding after the first round. Yeah, Torres could get cut, but I don't think he will cut any "easier" than any other fighter.

I'm not against the Mcdonald play, I just think the odds look legit. If anything, you would expect Mcdonald to a bigger dog. I can see mcdonald winning in a close fight 29-28, but can't really see him finishing or dominating. Thing that is holding me back from the distance play is that Mcdonalds chin is still suspect.

DeFactoCrippler

Shit, nice deck. I'm jelly.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

[QUOTE=DeFactoCrippler;14478442]

McDonald KTFOd Soto and it looked great but a lot of that had to do with Soto just walking directly into those, lol. Mcdonald definitely has power but I'm not sure he can engineer a KO against experienced guys. That Soto kid was just a replacement.

Torres seems to have an OK chin. I don't remember him being rocked too many times, bowles was kinda a flash knockdown, and hehasn't really been hurt by anything he shouldn't have been hurt by.

I agree about Torres's record. 40 and 4 makes you think he is a beast but alot of them seemed to be major cans, like not even real fighters. But it's still experience and counts for something. On the other hand Mcdonald seems to have fought cans before coming to the UFC, and he has still to face top level guys in the UFC.

As for the cuts, I remember Torres got cut BAD against benavidez but I don't really remember cuts being a recurring issue in his bouts. Guys like Diaz and Marcus Davis have a ton of scar tissue so they cut up real easy from just superficial damage. Nick Diaz just goes out and does Nick Diaz and he will be bleeding after the first round. Yeah, Torres could get cut, but I don't think he will cut any "easier" than any other fighter.

I'm not against the Mcdonald play, I just think the odds look legit. If anything, you would expect Mcdonald to a bigger dog. I can see mcdonald winning in a close fight 29-28, but can't really see him finishing or dominating. Thing that is holding me back from the distance play is that Mcdonalds chin is still suspect.
    Thanks for the thoughts pal.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Shit, nice deck. I'm jelly.
    Just built er this past weekend.

DeFactoCrippler

Just built er this past weekend.
    It looks like an insane spot for a BBQ. Have a good time this weekend, man.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    thanks pal
    The gal from ur avatar gonna be going?!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

The gal from ur avatar gonna be going?!
    No Sh!t. Absolutely love it when smoke posts in my threads for that very reason.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

haha

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

you convinced me. i will throw a lil down at even money. gl

Smoke

Smokey, what kind of beer do you prefer? Let me know pal.
    sks35723 @ that Gmail address

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Deck is done boys...

Railings dont look up to code
    What u do Bday, grease someones pockets for that permit???

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    Railings dont look up to code
    What u do Bday, grease someones pockets for that permit???
    They're actualy a half inch over code.

And I carry a $1,000,000. Personal liability umbrella in case a drunk fellow SBRer falls off somehow.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

They're actualy a half inch over code.

And I carry a $1,000,000. Personal liability umbrella in case a drunk fellow SBRer falls off somehow.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

A 5Unit wager just isn't right without a vid is it?? Added a short vid with one of my fav party songs this year...

First 12345 Last