Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Dana White makes an ass of himself

Classy

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/...ory?id=4038031

Dana White, the volatile president of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, is under fire after an obscenity-filled video blog was released Wednesday in which he took aim at women and homosexuals.
    White also unleashed a verbal tirade against a female reporter from Sherdog.com in the video blog, which was posted for a time on the UFC's Web site. It has since been pulled from the site.
    The rant was centered around a Sherdog.com article which White believed incorrectly told of his group's credentialing policies for the agents and managers of fighters. He called the Sherdog.com writer, Loretta Hunt, a "dumb bitch" among expletives, and termed the report "an absolutely [expletive] retarded story."
    In Hunt's story, she wrote that Zuffa, the company that owns and operates promotions for the UFC and WEC, notified some fighter representatives that they will no longer receive credentials to sit with their clients backstage on fight night.
    White used an anti-gay slur when referring to an anonymous source in Hunt's story on Sherdog.com, which is a partner of ESPN.com in the coverage of Mixed Martial Arts.
    "I stand by the story," Hunt said in an e-mailed statement to ESPN.com. "It's accurate. I contacted the UFC in ample time for them to respond, clearly stating what the article would be about. They did not reply. Then, I went out of my way to find people that could possibly present Zuffa's side, which is included in the article."
    Groups such as the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) have called for White to apologize for the tirade. He has not done so, according to a spokesman for the UFC, though a post from GLAAD spokesman Ted Rybka indicated that White will apologize on the UFC's YouTube site.

supershark
    supershark's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dana has never been a model promoter and some love him because of that, but Jesus this guy needs to be shit canned. What the **** is wrong with this guy, hes not smart, entrepreneurial, or well spoken. He was in the right place at the right time, with the right friends and landed a dream job in an organization that was about to explode with or without him. If Stern, Taglibu, Bettman or any other commisioner/president outside of the sporting world even thought half the things this guy said in one interview, theyd be fired... **** Dana White.

smallon
    smallon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by supershark View Post
    Dana has never been a model promoter and some love him because of that, but Jesus this guy needs to be shit canned. What the **** is wrong with this guy, hes not smart, entrepreneurial, or well spoken. He was in the right place at the right time, with the right friends and landed a dream job in an organization that was about to explode with or without him. If Stern, Taglibu, Bettman or any other commisioner/president outside of the sporting world even thought half the things this guy said in one interview, theyd be fired... **** Dana White.
    I agree - White is an ass and no longer deserves to be in the position he's in.

Skanless1
    Skanless1's Avatar Become A Pro!

i disagree. though he definitely comes off as an arrogant/nacissistic punk (and probably is), the fact is that he does a good job w/the UFC... sure, in many ways he can credit his success to his connections, but he has still done a good job of keeping the UFC at the forefront of the MMA world. i'd be trying my best to knock his f'ing head off if he ever talked to/about me that way, but he still does a good job, despite how much of an a** hole he may be. and really, when it comes down to it, all that matters is that he helps the UFC make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Despite Dana's unrefined brashness, I do respect him for the current product he has put on the table.

His potty mouth and fat head are synonymous with the UFC. And that's OK.

But if this report is accurate, he crossed the line.

How big an idiot are you, if you hold an important business position, and still don't know when to hold back on sexist and homophobic remarks?? This isn't 1950!! Unreal. What a dolt.