PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Stop giving favorites and advantage!!!!!!!!!!

SILVA IN BRAZIL.......GSP IN CANADA...........Gimme a break.....

I have been a Silva fan before most have even heard of the guy but gimme a ******* break....

They might as well just say....its all about MONEY...

His last fight in Brazil was worthless....if these guys are the greats...then make them fight AWAY from home...

just all about ticket sales and t-shirts I guess.......We get it...you love it when these guys are on TOP....

Anderson Silva...the unbeatable champion ect....fuuuuck you......CHALLENGE THEM...make it interesting....

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

sorry about the AND advantage part LOL....it was a quick rant after I saw the Silva Sonnen Brazil fight in June....

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

yea silva has had 14 fights in the ufc and 13 of them have been outside brazil.

gsp has had 18 fights in the ufc, 15 have been outside canada.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Is it an advantage? Hardy was the favourite against COndit partly because of the "home advantage". Hathaway had the home advantage against Pyle and was a -400 favourite. Aldo had to fight Hominick in Toronto and he was the Champion.

fosho14
    fosho14's Avatar Become A Pro!

When someone has shattered nearly every ufc record there is, he is allowed to fight in his home town. Until someones good enough to defeat him there is absolutely nothing wrong with booking fights in his back yard. Besides don't buy into that bs. The better fighter who is the most prepared both mentally and physically will win at a given location. If someone is fighting at that level and still hasn't learned to focus his emotions/energy on the task at hand, he deserves to lose.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Home field advantage isn't a lock.

Giblets
    Giblets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4726

What sport isn't all about the money? Also in most sports the favored team or the team with the best record typically get home advantage in playoffs. As v1y said they've only got to fight in their home country a couple of times and I'd say they've earned the right to have at least half of their fights in their home country.

scofflaw
    scofflaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Is it an advantage? Hardy was the favourite against COndit partly because of the "home advantage". Hathaway had the home advantage against Pyle and was a -400 favourite. Aldo had to fight Hominick in Toronto and he was the Champion.
    I think this is an absolutely massive advantage for Silva. We've seen how the judges cave hard to pressure from the crowd and it's the worst in brazil. Chael will have about 10 seconds on the ground to make something big happen or it's getting stood up. I was initially so eager to lay money on Sonnen at +money but we know what his strategy is, and that's probably not going to work in front of 80,000 booing savages.

Off the top of my head, Aldo got stood up while he's actively GnP Hominick. Johnson gets stood up too quickly versus Vitor..

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by scofflaw View Post
    I think this is an absolutely massive advantage for Silva. We've seen how the judges cave hard to pressure from the crowd and it's the worst in brazil. Chael will have about 10 seconds on the ground to make something big happen or it's getting stood up. I was initially so eager to lay money on Sonnen at +money but we know what his strategy is, and that's probably not going to work in front of 80,000 booing savages.

Off the top of my head, Aldo got stood up while he's actively GnP Hominick. Johnson gets stood up too quickly versus Vitor..
    Good points, when lookin specifically at styles and fighters then yes it could be a big advantage for a striker against a wrestler (i.e Anderson vs SOnnen). But it's the other way round for GSP

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Yep, Scofflaw has made some very valid points there. I think Anderson handles Chael this time around. He's got the motivation (scary), the hometown crowd, and he's healthy. The Chael that just fought Bisping would get slaughtered.

I think Silva backers are getting a nice gift at that current line. Take him inside the distance when it's released for an even nicer payday.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Silva's gotta knock him out this time.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

yessirrr

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

I don't see how Silva's is an advantage when he beat Sonnen, and Sonnen had high levels of testosterone and would have been DQ'd anyway.

If anything Silva deserves the right to have the rematch in Brazil. Last time they fought it was in Oakland. Pretty close to Sonnen's home state of Oregon.