PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mayweather Struggles In Sparring Session Against J'Leon Love

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

Mayweather is a b!itch. Fight Manny or retire.

DSSCA
    DSSCA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1844

It never once states that he struggled with anyone...

This is the only description in the article about the sparring session between Floyd and Love.

"J’Leon Love gave Floyd his best sparring session whilst I was there, and even impressed Roger Mayweather who thought he was the best out of the six sparring partners at the gym for Floyd. J’Leon can box and fight, so he and Floyd had some action packed rounds. Floyd’s accuracy is amazing. He rarely misses a punch, and his defence is a work of art. As he says defence wins fights and I couldn’t agree more."

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Manny fight should be happening, but i do like this fight in the meantime

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by DSSCA View Post
    It never once states that he struggled with anyone...

This is the only description in the article about the sparring session between Floyd and Love.

"J’Leon Love gave Floyd his best sparring session whilst I was there, and even impressed Roger Mayweather who thought he was the best out of the six sparring partners at the gym for Floyd. J’Leon can box and fight, so he and Floyd had some action packed rounds. Floyd’s accuracy is amazing. He rarely misses a punch, and his defence is a work of art. As he says defence wins fights and I couldn’t agree more."

You need to learn to read between the lines brah. Saying an almost unknown sparring partner gave him a good fight means that he pretty much gave Mayweather all he could ask for. When you read things like Roger Mayweather was even impressed, it means that he gave Floyd trouble.

DSSCA

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    You need to learn to read between the lines brah. Saying an almost unknown sparring partner gave him a good fight means that he pretty much gave Mayweather all he could ask for. When you read things like Roger Mayweather was even impressed, it means that he gave Floyd trouble.
    Where does it say it was a good fight? All it says is that they had action packed rounds. Just because Roger Mayweather was impressed doesn't mean Floyd was ever struggling or "was given all he could handle" all that means is he did better than they thought. So if a rookie unknown minor leaguer fouls off a few major league fastballs but still gets struck out in 5 pitches... Did he still give the pitcher trouble and make him struggle?? No... Floyd is still 7 weeks out and those sparring partners get paid to GO HARD! Floyd isn't going to leg it all hang out in sparring. Im sure he's working on a lot of different things whe he spars this far out.

"Bastie Samir, a strong middleweight earned his sparring partner wages on Tuesday. He stood ‘toe to toe’ with the pound for pound king. Watching up close, I knew that Floyd would make Bastie do more rounds as he wanted to break him down. There were times I thought Mayweather might knock him out, but Samir showed he has a great chin. Floyd has six sparring partners and chooses who he is going to spar when he arrives at the gym."

Does this mean Samir gave him all he could handle too? And that he struggled with him too? After all they went toe to toe.... Cmon man...

I'm not trying to be a jerk, really I'm not. All about good points while being civil.
    Last edited by DSSCA; 03-26-12 at 02:23 PM.

DSSCA

J love is also 10-0 with 6 KOs and is a middleweight. He's no dog and he did not put Floyd in trouble. Read between the lines? A younger, larger and stronger fighter who gets paid to TRY to rock the champ had a decent few rounds and now he is giving him all he could handle? Nope, sorry man.

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Let him spar with Urijah Faber and he'd really struggle.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by DSSCA View Post
    J love is also 10-0 with 6 KOs and is a middleweight. He's no dog and he did not put Floyd in trouble. Read between the lines? A younger, larger and stronger fighter who gets paid to TRY to rock the champ had a decent few rounds and now he is giving him all he could handle? Nope, sorry man.

J'Leon Love put to him. Read the quote

"J’Leon Love gave Floyd his best sparring session whilst I was there, and even impressed Roger Mayweather who thought he was the best out of the six sparring partners at the gym for Floyd. J’Leon can box and fight, so he and Floyd had some action packed rounds."

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

LOL @ this thread.

Way to extrapolate a conclusion from that vague @ss report.