MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    UFC on FX i lost pretty big on noke and the mcgee fight, and at one point was down 600. then, thankfully my benavidez by tko prop hit, and i finished the night up 200.

then tonight, same shit. things were going well, and then daley lost, costing me 750, and putting me down 600 on the night (on daley i had 350 straight, 200 inside the distance, 200 in a parlay). I had 1175 riding on the rousey fight (300 straight, 200 ronda in rd1. 200 ronda sub etc), and thank god her rd 1 sub put me up another 200 total on the night.

jesus christ i can't decide whether this weekend makes me want to quit gambling forever, or if the rush i experienced is what keeps me doing this.

must be how gabe feels every night.
    Sounds like we got damaged on similar plays - thiago, McGee and Daley were my big losers this weekend and put me in the hole for the weekend.

But unlike you I failed to pull myself out of the hole, if anything my last minute chasing / degen plays made it worse lol!!!

I'll admit this weekend has also made me contemplate quitting mma gambling, but then again I lost around 550/600 over the two events this weekend, yet in the last month alone I've probably profited around 2.2k so I gotta look at the glass as half full and like you said - the rush is something special!!!

It sounds like I lot of you do well off of the live betting... I've seen some steals and great plays / lines on here, think I might have to check it out. But then again I can see myself going full degenerate and going crazy on live betting lol... so perhaps its a good thing that my book doesn't offer it as of right now haha.

Glad I'm not the only one who found this weekend to be insane, and a tough one at that!!! Cheers

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by GigaOuts View Post
    My lock bet this weekend is Daniel Pineda. I max out at opening:
    $550 @150
    $250 @ 147
    $250 @ 145,

Than I came across a post by Vaughanny saying Jesus pick Semerzier, so I panic and hedge my bet...lol....put $411 on Mackens Semerzier to win $300 back.

After 4 win out of 4 fights, I was flying high up $1300+, than brag about it to my friend who is on a very tight budget. After that, bad Karma losing the next 5 fights, decide to chase with Alves to get back to my peak. Was very happy that I chase until the last minute lol. Alves work so hard for the TDD for over 3 rounds to prevent the ground game, than the last minute he decided volunteer to go to the ground with Kampmann..oh the irony.

GigaOuts.
    Dude I'm not one to be overly superstituous, but I think karma has caught up to me as well and is partly a reason for my lack of success the past two weeks. I was flying high after ellenberger / sanchez event, profited probably 3.3 k since Dec 1 (and that's just documented plays on here), and I started getting cocky as hell with my friends and was def being a braggart.

I also gave a little prayer to god telling him I'd quit smoking if Ellenberger won and I also promised I would devote more time to my girlfriend instead of researching mma all the time.

Well, I continued being a braggart, haven't stopped smoking, and I wouldn't say I've been a better boyfriend to my lady.... and over the last 3 events (ufc 144, SF, and UFC FX2) I've lost close to 700, my largest loss to date and my first time ever having loast 3 events in a row.... KARMA??? Perhaps....

I don't like to get supersituous but I do believe there is some higher power or force at play, perhaps an mma god or sports betting deity.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    Dude I'm not one to be overly superstituous, but I think karma has caught up to me as well and is partly a reason for my lack of success the past two weeks. I was flying high after ellenberger / sanchez event, profited probably 3.3 k since Dec 1 (and that's just documented plays on here), and I started getting cocky as hell with my friends and was def being a braggart.

I also gave a little prayer to god telling him I'd quit smoking if Ellenberger won and I also promised I would devote more time to my girlfriend instead of researching mma all the time.

Well, I continued being a braggart, haven't stopped smoking, and I wouldn't say I've been a better boyfriend to my lady.... and over the last 3 events (ufc 144, SF, and UFC FX2) I've lost close to 700, my largest loss to date and my first time ever having loast 3 events in a row.... KARMA??? Perhaps....

I don't like to get supersituous but I do believe there is some higher power or force at play, perhaps an mma god or sports betting deity.
    You should quit smoking brah...make tht the top of ur list! But seriously, it sounds simple but u just have to remember that u wont be profitable every event...all about how u respond to it and not getting carried away

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post

hahaha-- i prayed for a jake shields decision and a ben henderson decision! funny how i turn to prayer in moments of degenerate gambling but am not religious at all

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    You should quit smoking brah...make tht the top of ur list! But seriously, it sounds simple but u just have to remember that u wont be profitable every event...all about how u respond to it and not getting carried away
    yea man for sure, its plagued me for years - I quit for a few months and then I'm back on it, unfortunately. Def at the top of the list my friend. I really did make a promise in a prayer though that if ellenberger hit I'd quit - well I didn't quit that Monday and had a weird feeling I was gonna hit a bad streak for not quitting (and for the other promises I broke on that one lol).

i'm thinking too deep into it and sound silly haha, but hey it does have some truth I think...

Ultimately its like you said - you're going to lose and you can't be profitable every event... but THREEE events in a row!!! Its just a new feeling to me I guess and I'm taking it a bit more seriously then I need to, perhaps.. I guess the next month or two will tell how legit my gambling is - I either respond well, don't go full degen and get back in the profit, or I continue digging my grave!!!

Glad to see Rousey made your weekend profitable, good to hear that my man and should have followed you guys on that!

MMAbetMASTA

haha dude I feel you, I'm not religious at all - an agnostic to the bone... yet I'm glad I'm not the only one who believes in the mma gods and says a prayer here and there!!!!

First 12