ddream1
    ddream1's Avatar Become A Pro!

shields gonna get cut?

i thought he lost to kampmann, regardless he looked horrible, gsp humbled him, he lost to ellenberger and he is plain losing to sexy and looking flawed despite throwing and probably landing more strikes. whats next for shields? he cannot take anyone down and his striking looks bad, ufc should cut him

ddream1

guess i should've waited to the end, i thought he lost 1 and 2, judges saw different. good fight, and i had shields so that was nice

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

unbelievable bias in the decision. akiyama won rounds 1 and 2.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status

how the heck was that a unanimous decision?

ddream1

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    i have to agree, like i said i had shields so im happy but i thought despite his activity that he had lost those rounds, sexy didn't do much either but all 3 judges 30-27.....i guess i had a few more than i thought.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought he won all 3 due to activity. 1 judo strike shouldn't equal winning a round. Anyways I don't think he would of been cut if he would of lost, would of had another shot.

ddream1

i hear ya bet master. he was active, just seemed there was nothing to it at the time of watchin, clearly i saw that fight wrong, he did fight right to the end and had a great 3rd

sportsfanatic
    Update your status

akiyama has lost 4 fights now... i hope the ufc doesn't cut him because of this fight

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/02/...icial-ufc.html

Enough said.

Oblivian
    Oblivian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 721

I am shocked people had this for Akiyama. While he was doing great defensively grappling, he wasn't doing shit offensively. Shields was clearly outstriking him. Those trips didn't even have him ending up on top. They were inconsequential. This was one of those fights where I was yelling at Joe Rogan for his commentary and my wife was looking at me like I was nuts. It was like he kept talking about Akiyama and was not acknowledging any of Shields strikes.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Nah, I doubt Dana White will request for him to be circumcised.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Especially with his dad dying there is no way he'd get cut, even if Akiyama had of dominated him. Dana loves Shields as well...made a big deal about him when he brought him over from Strikeforce

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Especially with his dad dying there is no way he'd get cut, even if Akiyama had of dominated him. Dana loves Shields as well...made a big deal about him when he brought him over from Strikeforce
    Yeah, if his dad didn't have his peen cut, no way Dana would.

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

bookmaker had akiyamas winning, or the bettors did. Shields decision was +450 in rd2 or so. Unbelievable number, but the first could have gone to akiyama.

ddream1

i found shields looked really uncomfortable in the 1st 2 rounds, and his striking i thought did nothing, no damage, or no set up to a takedown, his shoots where brutal(he went for what about 8 of them early?). his third looked good, i like when he smothers and grinds in the clinch-fence etc. then again like u guys said, sexy really didn't do much either, i did like those few judo moves.

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

i thought sexyama won! huge throws in the early rounds should have given him 1 and 2

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    The big deal at the time was him being on a 15-fight win streak, upsetting Hendo and, most importantly, ******* over Strikeforce by signing their MW champion once his contract expired.

Oh how times have changed just one year later.

I don't think Dana gives a rat's ass about Shields any more than any other UFC fighter at this point in time.

Regardless, Jake just bought himself another three fights or so in the UFC.