DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heated conference call between Jones and Rashad.

fosho14
    fosho14's Avatar Become A Pro!

any part specifically within the 43 minutes worth listening to?

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Yagin is at +500, I might have to take a stab at that

the josh
    yes, im gay
    the josh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Yagin better not win. Hominick is a huge parlay buster for me. Him and Chandler.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by fosho14 View Post
    any part specifically within the 43 minutes worth listening to?
    About 3:50

the josh
    yes, im gay
    the josh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Bocek opens at -190, is down to -380 in 2 hours.

I caught him at -270 and put him in a -200 parlay with hominick.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Is Thompson over valued here -400? he had that impressive 1st UFC win vs a can but Brown is a no easy out
    Last edited by THE_LOCKSMITH; 04-17-12 at 06:46 PM.

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16896

Quote Originally Posted by the josh View Post
    Yagin better not win. Hominick is a huge parlay buster for me. Him and Chandler.
    Aw man, you bit those big-ass "sure thing" lines?

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

5d released full props for 4 of the fights

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is Rashad the best fighter Jones has fought?

Jones just has such dominant ring control and always appears calm. I don't think there is any value with those odds to take Jones. Rashad obviously knows Jones style and ways since they used to train together.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

well, youre wrong. jones also know rashad. The best fighter obviously is the one that has the advantage when it comes to who knows the other "battle". If this was a fight based on person character and the ability to form an argument, i will say rashad wins.

bjpenn85

personal..

The Fobfather
    The Fobfather's Avatar Become A Pro!

What do you guys think about Jones ITD @ -210?

bjpenn85

it def has value, but you may need to back it up. the wise thing to do in my opinion is to hedge it with jon jones unanimous dec. If rashad wins it probably is by KO as jones chin isnt tested yet.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    Is Thompson over valued here -400? he had that impressive 1st UFC win vs a can but Brown is a no easy out
    yeee...hopefully Brown goes back up to +300

Beelzebubzy

Quote Originally Posted by The Fobfather View Post
    What do you guys think about Jones ITD @ -210?
    I love this play. I think if one is to take jones that this is the best way to go about it. Its hard to predcit whether he goes for a choke or a KO but one would lean towards KO as Rashad has been described as chinny

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

I'm on Makdessi and Escudero, bit heavier on Makdessi.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    I'm on Makdessi and Escudero, bit heavier on Makdessi.
    Please enlighten me as to why you like Makdessi? I've had my eye on this one for a while and am really liking Anjo. Yet I have been waiting for some people to make an argument for makdessi!!! I haven't seen anything in my research that has led me to think Anjo can't get this W, but now I'm curious why a good capper such as yourself likes Makdessi???? Insight much appreciated as always, cheers.

Agree 100% on escudero - very live dog, hoping his line gets better by the time it gets up on my laggin' ass book!!!

Also think Alessio at +320 is crazy and worth a small sprinkle - he's got quality tdd and equal if not better stand up to bocek in my opinion. Obviously if it hits the mat it favors bocek on top or on bottom. But all fights start standing! I wouldn't put bocek at anything over -250ish. -400 range is over value imo. He's def the pick on paper, but shit at those odds the value is clearly on alessio.
    Last edited by MMAbetMASTA; 04-18-12 at 10:39 PM.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Chad Griggs is a sick bet for this one.

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    Chad Griggs is a sick bet for this one.
    Definitely...Hoping he gets to better odds before I make a small sprinkle...

On a side note, I was thinking about the griggs / V reem trio in retrospect....

Against V reem, griggs was -135 if I recall... LOL... should have pounded that, I just made a line play regretfully. And with respect to Vreem against sefo, he has -160...lol... should have put more on that one too in retrospect. Ridiculous how nice some odds were when looking back on them. We need to build a time machine fellas or find biff from back to the future

But yea, griggs definitely a nice live dog and I've never been impressed overly impresseed with browne. Should be an entertaining match up either way.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

I think alessio is a really good bet.
    As i mentioned earlier, he has the wrestling to avoid being on the bottom. His wrestling may be superior to bocek and he is bigger.
    i remember when diego couldnt take down alessio. this was when diego was smashing everyone.
    Since then alessio has had a ton of fights and some decent competition. He's also with xtreme couture now.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I actually think the best chance for rashad to win is by a majority/split decision with some serious wrestle F'n throughout the match. I know rashad won't be able to close the gap striking up against the man with 4 legs. If Rashad wants to win he will have to do it GSP style, and I think he could do it if he gets jones on his back. A place where jones has never been before. If Rashad is telling the truth about that time in practice it might be in jones' head, and maybe rashad can gain that top control in 3 out of 5 rounds and keep it long enough to win the points he needs to secure a victory. It's a long shot, but there is no way rashad can finish jones in my opinion. He's too short and jones is too long.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

5D has FOTN props.

jones/evans +350
    torres/mcdonald +350

can anyone make an argument for any of the other fights?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Makdessi/Njokuani is an obvious one...but could be an early finish or could turn out to be a really technical battle that isn't that entertaining for the general Tapout fan.

I think UFC will go out of their way to give Jones/Evans a bonus...FOTN could well be it if it goes a 3 rounds or more

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    5D has FOTN props.

jones/evans +350
    torres/mcdonald +350

can anyone make an argument for any of the other fights?
    Brown/Thompson has a shot. Mills/Macdonald.

Oblivian
    Oblivian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 721

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    Please enlighten me as to why you like Makdessi? I've had my eye on this one for a while and am really liking Anjo. Yet I have been waiting for some people to make an argument for makdessi!!! I haven't seen anything in my research that has led me to think Anjo can't get this W, but now I'm curious why a good capper such as yourself likes Makdessi???? Insight much appreciated as always, cheers.
    I'm curious on this as well. Honestly, I think Makdessi is clearly in the wrong weight class. Njokuani is going to look very long and tall fighting him. I see Makdessi having an issue with that, along with Njokuani being a better striker in general.

The Fobfather
    The Fobfather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rashad Evan's workout with Tyrone Spong

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    I'm curious on this as well. Honestly, I think Makdessi is clearly in the wrong weight class. Njokuani is going to look very long and tall fighting him. I see Makdessi having an issue with that, along with Njokuani being a better striker in general.
    Makdessi has great head movement...excellent at slipping shots and firing back. Fact is tho he has never faced a striker like Njo...even in his career before MMA. I think Makdessi catching Njokuani like Jewtuszko did with something wild will be the only way to win. I cant imagine Makdessi getting a decision because if there are any takedowns it will probably be from Njo, and obviously Njokuani withi his reach and combinations should out-land Makdessi if it turns in to a point scoring contest. In fact I've taken the Fight to not go distance at Evens and will play Njokuani by decision once it comes out.

MMAbetMASTA

My UFC 145 plays

Ticket#:68752136
    Apr 21 08:10 PM
    INTERNET / -1 Apr 18 11:55 PM MU STRAIGHT BET
    [24337] E ESCUDERO +185
    (E ESCUDERO vrs M DANZIG)
    50 / 90
    Ticket#:68765952
    Apr 21 10:10 PM
    INTERNET / -1 Apr 19 03:32 PM MU STRAIGHT BET
    [24317] J ALESSIO +320
    (J ALESSIO vrs M BOCEK)
    25 / 80

---------------------------------------------

Playing alessio due to value, but also because his experience trumps bocek's and he's fought way better dudes at ww and even in his losses he hasn't looked bad. Solid tdd, better striking than bocek, yet he's def at a sub grappling disadvantage and will be in a bad spot if bocek gets dominant position on top. All in all +320 is tasty and -400ish is ridiculous for bocek... Honestly I think mark is gonna get a boring decision win by grinding the shit outta john against the cage, but at those odds I'll sprinkle some coin for a nice return.

Mainly bettting escudero because I think this line should be closer to evens. I'm not sold on mac's stand up skills as being superior to escudero, I htink they're pretty even on the feet. Obviously give efrain the wrestling advantage and I give mac the sub grappling advantage. For some reason I think efrain is hungry... He got screwed by gettign cut from zuffa (a very weird zuffa release of a fighter in retrospect), got a return fight against a guy who was a horrible match up, and he's probably on the chopping block again. On the other hand you could say similar things about danzig and that he's very hungry too. This is a coin flip in my book, therefore at near 2 to 1 dog odds I'm going with the dog.

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Makdessi has great head movement...excellent at slipping shots and firing back. Fact is tho he has never faced a striker like Njo...even in his career before MMA. I think Makdessi catching Njokuani like Jewtuszko did with something wild will be the only way to win. I cant imagine Makdessi getting a decision because if there are any takedowns it will probably be from Njo, and obviously Njokuani withi his reach and combinations should out-land Makdessi if it turns in to a point scoring contest. In fact I've taken the Fight to not go distance at Evens and will play Njokuani by decision once it comes out.
    I'm afraid that if it is close on the feet and becomes a point striking contest / borderline sparing match, then all that flashy shiit makdessi throws like spinning kicks, elbows and whatnot, will impress the stupid judges. they tend to award that type of stuff in a competitive striking match (I mean Anjo arguably lost the barboza decision becuase of ONE strike - that last spinning kick or whatever it was at the end of the 3rd). My head tells me it won't be competitive on the feet and that while john might throw some flashy shit, in the end it will be clear to the judges that anjo was the superior striker. Yet my gut is telling me that perhaps it will be more competitive than I'm thinking and will come to a judges decision which can go either way in a striking match... why I still haven't pulled the trigger. I really hope anjo tries to use what will be for the first time a clear grappling advantage for him. If I knew he was planning to utilize some of that it would help sway my decision.

When you say 'even before his career in mma', did he not fight any real legit opponents in his non-mma career? He's a blackbelt shotokan karate- ka (best counter striking discipline in the biz imo), has 22-0 pro kickboxing record, judo gold medalist in junior olympics.... this is all I know of his pre-mma background, I know nothing of his opponents in these respects...? I would think he's fought some legit strikers kickboxing no? What leads you to believe that Anjo is the better striker BEFORE his mma career? Was he more accomplished?

In my opinion, Anjo has shown the superior mma kickboxing when comparing the two. Considering his size advantage and sub grappling advantage everything is telling me to pound him in this match up, but I just can't pull the trigger yet.

I want to hear some more discussion on this and would love to hear arguments from makdessi backers that might know more about him...?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    I'm afraid that if it is close on the feet and becomes a point striking contest / borderline sparing match, then all that flashy shiit makdessi throws like spinning kicks, elbows and whatnot, will impress the stupid judges. they tend to award that type of stuff in a competitive striking match (I mean Anjo arguably lost the barboza decision becuase of ONE strike - that last spinning kick or whatever it was at the end of the 3rd). My head tells me it won't be competitive on the feet and that while john might throw some flashy shit, in the end it will be clear to the judges that anjo was the superior striker. Yet my gut is telling me that perhaps it will be more competitive than I'm thinking and will come to a judges decision which can go either way in a striking match... why I still haven't pulled the trigger. I really hope anjo tries to use what will be for the first time a clear grappling advantage for him. If I knew he was planning to utilize some of that it would help sway my decision.
    Could well happen. But in the Barboza fight it was Barboza that got a couple of take-downs which may have made the difference in winning the 1st and 2nd rounds. I think he got one towards end of the 1st or second which could well of stolen the round. In this fight it will be Njokuani stealing rounds with takedowns if there any takedowns at all. He has made references to using more take-downs in a couple of interviews since tht Castillo loss, in one he even says that he'd like to get a Submission of the Night! And he's been working a lot with Sergio Penha and had some sessions with Faber, Castillo, Dillashaw (all wrestlers of course) in Vegas whilst they've been doing TUF.

Im not saying Makdessi hasn't faced decent opponents in karate or kickboxing before his MMA career, but he hasn't faced a Muay Thai fighter like Njokuani...an opponent who throws elbows and knees in the clinch like Njo.

If I was playing Makdessi it would be due to the fact that Njokuani can get a bit too comfortable, perhaps casual in there at times. He isnt the most serious of dudes, while Makdessi is quite stoic and you know that he's always going to be fully focused and composed (especially with guys like Zahabi in his corner). For this fight Njokuani might be less jovial than usual as one of his best buddies died recently....hopefully that doesn't effect him negatively and make him overly anxious and add unnecesary pressure to get the win which could lead to mistakes. In the past he has got a bit wild and forgot about defence (Jewtuszko fight). But as I said in my thread, since that fight and the Barboza fight, Anthony has worked a lot on his defence...if u watch his fights in WEC and even back in World Combat League he used to always have his hands quite low, but watch the Winner fight and you'll see that he is really concentrating on keeping his hands by his chin now and utilizing more head movement.
    Last edited by Vaughany; 04-19-12 at 03:14 PM.

Beelzebubzy

Hominick by KO at +160? anyone like this

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Hominick by KO at +160? anyone like this
    Prefer decision at +262 or whatever...I think he's gonna be overly cautious after tht KZ KO. Might end up being like the Garcia fight...stick behind the jab and cruise. I've played the decision prop and played inside

First 123456 ... Last