3rDnCalifornia
    3rDnCalifornia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 136

And the new lightweight Champ!!!

Really liking Ben Hendo Saturday and to be honest, can not believe he is at PK. I thought the line would be more -150 Hendo than -130 Edgar. I think Edgar is a great fighter and has a lot of heart, but I think Hendo is the best in that division. Not too long ago before the Nate Diaz fight, everyone was loving Cerrone..but Cerrone got worked twice by Hendo in Strikeforce... I am not saying this will be a cake walk for Hendo, but I think he pulls out the decision...

Also see great value in Joe Lau..but will make a write up on him tomorrow..

GL..

3rDnCalifornia

Sorry it was wec not strikeforce

H1Cypher
    H1Cypher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

-150 for hendo. Yeah you don't know what the **** youre talking about.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

GL brah

SATERSTYLE
    FLAWLESS QUEEN BRITNEY
    SATERSTYLE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3291

You are placing the line based on how he did against Cerrone? In what way is Cerrone remotely similar to Edgar

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Quote Originally Posted by 3rDnCalifornia View Post
    Really liking Ben Hendo Saturday and to be honest, can not believe he is at PK. I thought the line would be more -150 Hendo than -130 Edgar. I think Edgar is a great fighter and has a lot of heart, but I think Hendo is the best in that division. Not too long ago before the Nate Diaz fight, everyone was loving Cerrone..but Cerrone got worked twice by Hendo in Strikeforce... I am not saying this will be a cake walk for Hendo, but I think he pulls out the decision...

Also see great value in Joe Lau..but will make a write up on him tomorrow..

GL..
    So Nate Diaz should basically be -200 over either of these fools. Because he worked Cerrone the hardest. UFC Cerrone....not WEC Cerrone.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

GL, I'm liking Edgar. It's a five round fight. I see Frankie out pointing Bendo in rounds 4 and 5.

3rDnCalifornia

Quote Originally Posted by H1Cypher View Post
    Is -150so far off? You know that a $50 juice doesn't mean Ben is a big favorite. How do you think Edgar wins this fight? Stand up? He's going to submit him? i can see Ben finishing the fight, but not sure how Edgar can.

3rDnCalifornia

Quote Originally Posted by SATERSTYLE View Post
    You are placing the line based on how he did against Cerrone? In what way is Cerrone remotely similar to Edgar
    I was only comparing how Cerrone was just as hyped as Edgar is now. Edgar beat BJ Penn flat out, which I still can not believe..but he didn't run through Maynard. Yes, he did knock him out, but he was close to be knocked out himself. Look, i am not saying Edgar can't win, but I think he will have a hard time. I think Ben is too big and has better stand up. I just don't know what game plan he will have against Ben.. At best, Edgar wins by decision, but Ben is very capable of knocking him out or submitting him. That's why I think Ben should be the favorite.

3rDnCalifornia

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    So Nate Diaz should basically be -200 over either of these fools. Because he worked Cerrone the hardest. UFC Cerrone....not WEC Cerrone.

First of all, Diaz didn't work him the hardest. Diaz won by decision and Ben submitted him.. Cerrone has gotten better since joing the UFC but so has Henderson...

While your at it, I think Diaz beats Edgar as well..

Rubber Guard

Hey I'm a Diaz fan, I'd be all for that.

But Nate did beat Cerrone's ass. I think it was more dominant then catching a sub. He put it one Cerrone for 3 rounds. Cerrone has good ground game, but he was supposed to have a better striking game. Undefeated kickboxer. ANd Nate put it on him.

scofflaw
    scofflaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    GL, I'm liking Edgar. It's a five round fight. I see Frankie out pointing Bendo in rounds 4 and 5.
    I'm leaning Henderson but I want to arb out in live betting if Frankie loses the first and second, or gets rocked in the first etc.. Frankie gets great advice from his corner and adjusts really well.

If Edgar were able to find his rhythm in the first and beat Henderson from the first bell.. well then I'm screwed. I'll be waiting on reduced juice to bet on Henderson.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Edgar should be -150 to -200.

Bendo has porous striking defense. He has very crisp leg kicks but leaves his hands down for the counter and also throws brute force punches which aren't technical, dangerous against a fast-footed boxer like Edgar. He usually gets outboxed on the feet and looks for a smooth transition to the ground.

Now in his past three UFC fights he's fought three grapplers who all embrace going to the ground: Bocek, Miller & Guida. Frankie Edgar likes to box first and foremost. His TDD is top-notch and he scrambles very well from the bottom. His gameplan will be keep it upright versus Bendo - he knows from Cerrone I, Pettis, Miller, Guida, etc. that he can't submit Benson so he won't expend energy on the ground trying to do so frivolously like so many guys before him.

Watch the Pettis-Bendo fight for a stylistic comparison of someone who wants to keep the fight on the feet and how Bendo fares in the fight like that. Pettis outstruck Bendo in all five rounds. Pettis was outgrappled in rounds 1 & 4 by Bendo, enough for two judges to give him 2 rounds.

Frankie's coaching staff is second to none for gameplanning and adjusting mid-fight. Frankie will sprawl & brawl to victory.

H1Cypher
    H1Cypher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    Edgar should be -150 to -200.

Bendo has porous striking defense. He has very crisp leg kicks but leaves his hands down for the counter and also throws brute force punches which aren't technical, dangerous against a fast-footed boxer like Edgar. He usually gets outboxed on the feet and looks for a smooth transition to the ground.

Now in his past three UFC fights he's fought three grapplers who all embrace going to the ground: Bocek, Miller & Guida. Frankie Edgar likes to box first and foremost. His TDD is top-notch and he scrambles very well from the bottom. His gameplan will be keep it upright versus Bendo - he knows from Cerrone I, Pettis, Miller, Guida, etc. that he can't submit Benson so he won't expend energy on the ground trying to do so frivolously like so many guys before him.

Watch the Pettis-Bendo fight for a stylistic comparison of someone who wants to keep the fight on the feet and how Bendo fares in the fight like that. Pettis outstruck Bendo in all five rounds. Pettis was outgrappled in rounds 1 & 4 by Bendo, enough for two judges to give him 2 rounds.

Frankie's coaching staff is second to none for gameplanning and adjusting mid-fight. Frankie will sprawl & brawl to victory.
    He's already -150 now... shit I was busy betting today didn't notice the shift now I'm like coulda got him at -125 or -130.

Rubber Guard

He was -115 last week. I figured naturally the champ will get backing. It almost always happens, unless you have a Jon Jones or something as a contender. ANd Bendo isn't a Jon Jones. He is a solid top 5 LW.

3rDnCalifornia

And new!!! Light weight champion.. Hope you guys did well tonight.. Really didn t see much of petis before tonight, but that kid could strike.. Would love to see the rematch with bendo, but i still think bendo is too big...

3rDnCalifornia

Quote Originally Posted by H1Cypher View Post
    Ya i dont.. Except everything i said about the fight was true.. Too big, can not be submitted, and cant be ko by edgar.. I hope u had edgar at -200.. Dick