Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

UFC Undisputed 3 Thread

Anyone have the game? I think it's a fantastic simulation that trumps any other MMA video game but a mile. They really utilized those 2 years of production and made a robust, realistic, and fun MMA video game.

There are some major server issues THQ must deal with it, and some patches to the game play must be made (less damage from size control strikes).

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Just got it and haven't played very much yet. Should have more time to play it this weekend. Off the little time I have played I can say I really don't like the new submission system.

Vitooch
    Dayman

I don't really like the submission system either. I find it extremely hard to submit people. The only time I have submitted someone is when I had rocked them a few times before and they were very tired.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Were u fighting Bendo tho?!

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

lol

Vitooch
    Dayman

No haha i will be facing a fighter with very below average sub defense and they will get out of RNC and triangle chokes and proceed to reverse me!

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Love the game. You gotta tire them out to submit them. Flash KO's can happen anytime though regardless of damage accumulated. I like the addition of chopping people down with leg kicks.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Yes, leg kicks and body kicks definitely have a more significant effect on the mobility of fighters. Love to land hard leg kicks with Overeem and then land those big looping power punches he throws. One big request I have is that they need to change Anderson's LB punch to something other than a spinning fist. It throws of the fluidity of his combinations. I hate to lose to someone like Dan Henderson's H-Bomb becuase Anderson doesnt have anything to counteract that.

omalley21

Ya I agree about the spinning back fist. I like to throw quick counter strike jabs if someone is trying to just land bombs though. It looks like vintage anderson silva its great.

Oblivian
    Oblivian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 721

I've been using Palhares quite a bit and I'm able to get submissions. I mainly only go for them if the opponent is rocked. Ironically, I can't pull a leglock to save my life. Most of them are armbars or RNCs. With the leglocks, it always transitions between heel hooks and kneebars. I'm not trying to do that, but I press in on the right stick on accident when trying to line up the submission system.

It's a pretty fun game with a lot of fighters to choose from. I don't see it getting old quickly due to that.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Hopefully THQ continues releasing DLC and updating the gameplay and stats.

I understand that the previous games didnt a robust and loyal enough online community to keep the game updated but hopefully it will be different this time around.

omalley21

Subs from dominant positions are obv more likely to succeed. Shame they didn't specialize subs with fighters like Palhares with leg locks.

If you don't have overeem yet... here you go.

http://www.ufcundisputed.com/overeemredeem
    Points Awarded:

The HOFF gave omalley21 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Vitooch
    Dayman

I actually won with a leg lock transition to a heel hook with Palhares online earlier today. My "submission line" thingy was much larger than usual, so it appears that specialized submissions like Palhares's leg lock does indeed have a higher chance of success than a more generic guillotine. As usual, tired fighters are easier to submit and yes, dominant position submissions like RNC have a much higher success rate.

Players online like to spam strikes from any position on top. All you have to do is wait for them to tire out from all those strikes and submissions and submit them. Also, I love the fact that it is much more difficult to LnP. Now BJJ guys like BJ Penn and the Diaz brothers are very dangerous off their back. You can sweep from several positions including rubber guard to full mount. Love the games subtle changes

omalley21

We're all degenerates here.

We should start playing each other online for money.

Vitooch
    Dayman

I already get frustrated enough with the game lol..

Vitooch
    Dayman

Looking forward to the upcoming DLC in march with such fighters as Stout, Anthony Johnson and most importantly, Rory Macdonald. That dude should be atleast an 88

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

I've enjoyed the game so far. Haven't played online much since servers were down a lot early in the beginning.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Question THQ...why are wrestlers that are below average off their backs able to get up from any postition from the bottom? And why are fighters allowed to spam the Y and B button while on top position without getting tired? Updates NEED to be made on the hole in the game tht is GnP. You shouldnt be able to throw that many groud strikes without getting severely tired. Also fighters shouldnt be able to get back up to their feet from certain bottom positions like mount. I understand they want this to be a standup orientated game but there needs to be SOME room for top control.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some flaws in the game like stopping guys from moving from half to side over and over again landing one punch repeating and riding out rounds....,but the best mma game to date by far. Have bruises on my thumbs from the 360 sticks

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Some flaws in the game like stopping guys from moving from half to side over and over again landing one punch repeating and riding out rounds..
    That's not a flaw in the video game, thats a flaw in MMA.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

lol

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    That's not a flaw in the video game, thats a flaw in MMA.
    It doesnt happen in real mma ... Hard for me to explain im anderson silva in the game a bjj blackbelt kendall grove should not be able to go from being in my half guard to mount me replace half then a sec later kendall passes back to mount repeat like 10+ times until end of round. without throwing one punch or sub attempt. Ive seen my share of lay n prays but come on. The game is actually good at stand ups for the most part...could be better herb warns guys most of the time that they need to work they could have put that in..

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Do they try to simulate the refs too? Herb Dean stands you up quick? Miragalotta pokes you in the eye? Kim Winslow allows the fans to come in and beat you to death after you're already unconscious?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

ha Also, does Winslow do that annoying Bewitched touch the nose and point her finger thing when the camera zooms in her before the fighters touch gloves?! God I hate that woman

teaserpleaser

Do they try to simulate the refs too? Herb Dean stands you up quick? Miragalotta pokes you in the eye? Kim Winslow allows the fans to come in and beat you to death after you're already unconscious?
    No maybe next time kim didnt even make the game

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    ha Also, does Winslow do that annoying Bewitched touch the nose and point her finger thing when the camera zooms in her before the fighters touch gloves?! God I hate that woman
    Why do ANY of them have their little catchphrases and shit. Mazzaggatti's emo heart, Cecil People's karate chop dance.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Why do ANY of them have their little catchphrases and shit. Mazzaggatti's emo heart, Cecil People's karate chop dance.
    haha yeah, everybody seems to be trying to market themselves nowadays

Lick496
    Lick496's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2196

Ive been playing it a lot...and am NOT impressed. You cant knock someone out while standing! Im playing on expert, and landed 8x head kicks in a row, without doing anything.

And when they take you down (95% of the time they try) they hit you 3-4 times when blocking and u get rocked, from SIDE CONTROL. Also, whats with the create a fighter heavyweights being 210lbs? WTF?????

Again im not impressed, kinda pissed actually

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

mario does the heart, not mazzagatti

Vitooch
    Dayman

Winslow seems to have been part of the production for the game. They used her reffing expertise. Every time a fighter gets knocked out cold you have the ability to land up to 5 or 6 clean finishing blows because the refs never end the fight in time

Vitooch
    Dayman

And yes they need to make the GnP less powerful in the next update.

Fighters they need to add to game or are scheduled to add:

Mitrione (Overall 86 or 87), Gustaffson (89), Ellenberger (88), Werdum (87), Anthony Johnson (88), Weidman (88 for now), Ebersole (87), Russow (87), Barboza (89), Hioki (88)
    Last edited by Vitooch; 02-24-12 at 02:22 PM.

Vitooch
    Dayman

They also need to edit some of the current fighters overall...UFC version of Rampage should be 88, not 86. Carwin should 87 or 88 also. Dos Santos should be notched up one 90 and Velasquez notched one down to 90. Ill have to look at the full roster but these ones stand out the most to me. Also Mayhem should move feom 89 to 86.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    mario does the heart, not mazzagatti
    Somehow I'm not embarrassed to be wrong about that.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Somehow I'm not embarrassed to be wrong about that.
    Well you certainly should be

Dabeergod
    Da Big D Boyz !!!
    Dabeergod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

The game is great..

12 Last