Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    You thought Pearson was an easy fight for Barboza? Wow...
    I though stylistically it was a very winnable fight for Barboza. Pearson proved to be very resilient and came very close to stealing a decision.

They could have given him a wrestler to test his TDD but instead gave him a small brawler that doesnt match up particularly well with Barboza.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    I though stylistically it was a very winnable fight for Barboza. Pearson proved to be very resilient and came very close to stealing a decision.

They could have given him a wrestler to test his TDD but instead gave him a small brawler that doesnt match up particularly well with Barboza.
    I had Barboza as a lock, but I think Pearson beat him and was robbed. Glad he was, though! That decision was a huge sigh of relief for me.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I had Barboza as a lock, but I think Pearson beat him and was robbed. Glad he was, though! That decision was a huge sigh of relief for me.
    I think the fight displays the advantages of fighting in your homecountry of Brazil and possibly Japan. It seems as thought Florian, Goldie, obviously the fans, and the judges made up their mind who was going to win the fight before it even ended. Yes Barboza displayed some sharp and flashy Muay Thai but Pearson was very quietly landing the more significant shots. The whole fight seemed biased but I think Barboza may have SLIGHTLY edged Pearson in that fight with a higher volume of strikes. Im going to look back at the FightMetric stats to confirm this,

varkolek
    varkolek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2430

I think Barboza won pretty clearly. Pearson was impressive, showed great head movement and weaving to get inside, but I thought Barboza landed more and better strikes. Just because Pearson looks great against Barboza doesn't mean he beat him.

First 12