PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

cage warriors 45

where my degenerates at?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Made some money of Wheeler in past when he's been dog, but not sure against a half decent wrestler in Reese

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Always like to fade Mason as he's horrible... probably most over-rated UK fighter we have! Chris Fields might be able to beat him, has home "advantage" as well
    Last edited by Vaughany; 02-17-12 at 01:37 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Brents' size and power may be an issue for the Spaniard as well. Lloret is used to guys that are below 230lbs

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

This "fight" Chris Fields was involved in is pretty funny... The Limerick MMA league

As one comment by an obvious Irish man below the vid: "state of yer man he s fightin!!!"... Dude is like a more retarded version of Matt Riddle when he charges forward throwing body shots!..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1zXkN5iqxw

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Back when Jack Mason (17-9) started fighting, there was an MMA show every couple months in the U.K.

Now, there are a couple a weekend.

On Saturday at Cage Warriors 45, he fights Chris Field (8-3) as an experienced veteran. But there's no way he would have gotten into the sport now as he did when he was new to the game.

Cage Warriors 45 takes place at HMV Forum in London. The main card, including Mason vs. Fields (which is an opening-round matchup in Cage Warriors' eight-man middleweight tournament), streams live and free on MMAjunkie.com beginning at 4 p.m. ET (1 p.m. PT).

When Mason says he was new to the game, he means really, really new. He claims that other than a few UFC events he glanced at in the 1990s, he'd never really watched an MMA bout before he got into the cage for the first time in 2002.

"I trained on any mats I could find in my friends' garages," he told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "They were fighting MMA and asked me if I wanted to fight, and I said yeah."

Because he had no idea what to expect, he wasn't racked by nerves and won.

"I had absolutely no fear at all," Mason said. "I'm much more nervous now going into a fight."

That's undoubtedly a product of his experience. Now 10 years into fighting, he knows exactly what can go wrong and how complicated it is to pull off a successful performance. He's learned several lessons the hard way, as you can see by his early resume; four losses followed his first win.

Of course, there wasn't a lot of help to go around. In the early 2000s, there were hardly any reputable MMA gyms in the U.K., and even the ones that were there looked nothing like those of today. Skill sets were still developing.

But when Mason found Tsunami Gym in Cambridge, England, things turned around. He was working with future staples of the U.K. scene, including Robbie Olivier and John Maguire (who now fights in the UFC's welterweight division) and improving every day.

Mason now coaches other fighters on the Tsunami team. More young hopefuls come through the doors now than ever before, and plenty of them want to do what he did when he got started in MMA.

"There's no way I would ever let them because the experience of the guys starting out now – they've probably been training two or three years – is completely different than it used to be," Mason said. "I'm trying to help them learn from my mistakes."

MMA is booming in the U.K., and Mason stands poised to capitalize on his veteran status. The talent keeps getting better, and he's had some recent stumbles. But there's still time for a turnaround.

There are so many shows to ply his trade.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

If Mason performs like he did against Norman Paraisy then Fields will beat him easily. Norman Pairasy is the French dude that quit on the stall after first round during a TUF fight to get in to the house against James Hamortree. Think Chuck was in his corner and almost wanted to hit the dude! One of the worst fights I've ever seen between Mason and Paraisy. Think Mason did three half-hearted takedown attempts in first two rounds that failed and Paraisy landed two or three jabs. Then in third round Paraisy caught him with a glancing knee or something that didnt look like it connected at all and Mason collapsed!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

haha.. "After this fight the people's mindset about French people will of changed"!!!!!!!!!...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDx9RbTj7I0

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

haah Dana at end... "His big thing was he was gonna come on the show and prove that the French aren't a bunch of pussies"!!! Then shrugs shoulders!

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    haah Dana at end... "His big thing was he was gonna come on the show and prove that the French aren't a bunch of pussies"!!! Then shrugs shoulders!
    thanks for the comments guys. unfortunately 5dimes still doesnt have lines for this event so i may not be able to make any plays.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    thanks for the comments guys. unfortunately 5dimes still doesnt have lines for this event so i may not be able to make any plays.
    Yeah same. I wanna play Fields but dont have a lot of funds in BM account and dont really wanna risk losing anything out of it as I cant deposit there currently. Sportbet/5dimes had odds for the Cage Warriors event last week so thought they'd have em up for this one.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

hahaha i just enabled view pictures, avatars, etc

V, you avatar is hilarious

Anyone making plays on this card?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

haha Pretty damn good, courtesy of Edu

Odds out on sportbet/5dimes now.

The degen in me cant resist a small play on Wheeler and Fields. Would of played Brents as well but his have got even saggier and Lloret looks in best shape he's ever been in

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Cage Warriors 45 Live now on MMAjunkie... http://mmajunkie.com/news/27472/watc...t-4-p-m-et.mma

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Crazy stuff...both fights so far ended from elbows to side of head whilst defending double leg against the cage (similar to the Hecht/Attonito fight)!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

God Connor McGregor's voice is annoying as foooooook

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

ohhh shit fields came off an injury?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.