gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

what gabe says.

UFC on FUEL TV 1

Ronny Markes +120 > Aaron Simpson (4/5)

Ronny keeps it standing and outstrikes Simpson. Put some coin on Markes Inside the Distance and Fight Goes the Distance to hedge. I could see Markes getting a KO, likely in the third. But I like this fight going over 2rds. Take a shot with Markes KO of the Night!

Dave Herman -135 > Stefan Struve (4/5)

Herman outstrikes Struve, likely gets a KO, so Herman Inside the Distance and Herman by KO would be nice plays. Herman KO of the Night!

few parlays:

Jon Jones -525
    Ronny Markes +120
    $25 to win $40.48

Ronny Markes +120
    Dave Herman -135
    $115 to win $325.41

Jon Jones -525
    Ronny Markes +120
    Stipe Miocic -350
    $21 to win $49.71

I like Miocic vs De Fries, but I don't like him enough to play him straight up. For a straight play, I would advise going with De Fries. There's legit value there. De Fries by Submission would be a good prop bet. De Fries Submission of the Night, also. That said, including Miocic in a parlay or two won't be a bad idea.
    Last edited by gabe; 02-10-12 at 06:41 PM.

scofflaw
    scofflaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think you're off on De Fries and he's not worth touching at all. When I saw De Fries debut I was excited about fading him in the future. It's too bad the Miocic price is so high that it's only small parlay filler now. De Fries looks incapable of winning a fight versus anyone with competent ground skills.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by scofflaw View Post
    I think you're off on De Fries and he's not worth touching at all. When I saw De Fries debut I was excited about fading him in the future. It's too bad the Miocic price is so high that it's only small parlay filler now. De Fries looks incapable of winning a fight versus anyone with competent ground skills.
    Chances are Miocic wins, but there's def value in De Fries at those odds.

I don't think he looked terrible against Broughton. He beat Broughton, and Broughton is no joke. Guy is tough, Travis Browne barely beat him.

Giblets
    Giblets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4726

Not trying to be a dick or anything Gabe but putting Miocic in a parlay and betting De Fries Straight up does not make any sense. You`re justing giving money away. If yòu`re going with props it`s fine but otherwise it doesn`t make sense. Just some friendly advice.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Jon Jones -525
    Ronny Markes +120
    Stipe Miocic -350
    $21 to win $49.71

I like Miocic vs De Fries, but I don't like him enough to play him straight up. For a straight play, I would advise going with De Fries. There's legit value there. De Fries by Submission would be a good prop bet. De Fries Submission of the Night, also. That said, including Miocic in a parlay or two won't be a bad idea.

You're making a big mistake here. I realize you don't get the math, but just trust me on this. If you think De Fries has the value in a straight up play then you should NEVER EVER be putting Miocic in a parlay.

SATERSTYLE
    FLAWLESS QUEEN BRITNEY
    SATERSTYLE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3291

Holy ******* shit he actually posted dollar amounts before the event its a mother ******* apocalypse just kill me now ****

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    You're making a big mistake here. I realize you don't get the math, but just trust me on this. If you think De Fries has the value in a straight up play then you should NEVER EVER be putting Miocic in a parlay.
    I saw value in Max Holloway and Chris Cope last weak and made straight plays on 'em, but included Poirier and Brown in parlays - I didn't regret it.

Bottom line is, I think Miocic has the best shot, but is being over-valued. It makes sense playing him in a parlay, but not really worth it straight up. De Fries on the other hand is being under-valued, IMO, so a straight play at +300 isn't a bad idea.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by SATERSTYLE View Post
    Holy ******* shit he actually posted dollar amounts before the event its a mother ******* apocalypse just kill me now ****
    Huh? I always include the dollar amounts with the parlays. I didn't include what I got on Herman and Markes because it will change by fight time. Pointless to say how much I've got on a certain fighter when it keeps changing. But yeah- got Markes maxed out at +120 but will arb out if Simpson reaches at least EV. Maxed out on Herman, too, will probably arb if Struve reaches at least +150.

Might not arb with either, I am liking 'em both...

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Giblets View Post
    Not trying to be a dick or anything Gabe but putting Miocic in a parlay and betting De Fries Straight up does not make any sense. You`re justing giving money away. If yòu`re going with props it`s fine but otherwise it doesn`t make sense. Just some friendly advice.
    If De Fries loses and my Herman-Markes-Miocic parlay hits, how does it not make sense?

If either of them hits, it's a big win.

Giblets

If De Fries loses and my Herman-Markes-Miocic parlay hits, how does it not make sense? I figure if either of them hits, it's a big win.
    It doesn't make sense because the amount of value that Miocic increases the parlay is negated by the straight up play on De Fries (you'll lose the amount of juice in the line). I'm not very good at explaining it so I'm not gonna try. Plus if Nunya explains it you get a more condescending dickish tone which is ALWAYS more entertaining.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

It doesn't make sense because the amount of value that Miocic increases the parlay is negated by the straight up play on De Fries (you'll lose the amount of juice in the line). I'm not very good at explaining it so I'm not gonna try. Plus if Nunya explains it you get a more condescending dickish tone which is ALWAYS more entertaining.
    Thinking one fighter has a better shot at winning and including him in a parlay and playing his opponent straight up at a great value does not seem like a bad idea to me. It certainly proved to be a good idea last week!

Yeah, you could argue that I threw away money on Cope, but I saw enough value in him to make a play. Matt Brown was def not worth -360 or whatever he was. Made sense in a parlay, though!

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Bottom line is, I think Miocic has the best shot, but is being over-valued. It makes sense playing him in a parlay, but not really worth it straight up. De Fries on the other hand is being under-valued, IMO, so a straight play at +300 isn't a bad idea.
    If you ever figure this stuff out, years from now, you're going to look at all this stuff you posted and have a good belly laugh.

Simple example:
    Parlaying Miocic -350 + Jon Jones -525 + Markes +120 = +240 100 to win 240

Throw in a straight play on De Fries at +300 = OMG BIG WIN EITHER WAY! 100 to win 300

No, it really = paying the juice on both sides.

We have 3 possible outcomes
    a) De Fries wins
    b) Miocic wins and one or more of his co-legs lose
    c) Miocic wins and both his co-legs win

In all examples we are risking $200.

In example a, we have won $200
    In example b, our worst case scenario we lose BOTH BETS for $200
    In example c, we win $140, in essence risking $200 to win $140 on a parlay of Jones and Markes, when we could've simply parlayed Jones/Markes for +162.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

If you ever figure this stuff out, years from now, you're going to look at all this stuff you posted and have a good belly laugh.

Simple example:
    Parlaying Miocic -350 + Jon Jones -525 + Markes +120 = +240 100 to win 240

Throw in a straight play on De Fries at +300 = OMG BIG WIN EITHER WAY! 100 to win 300

No, it really = paying the juice on both sides.

We have 3 possible outcomes
    a) De Fries wins
    b) Miocic wins and one or more of his co-legs lose
    c) Miocic wins and both his co-legs win

In all examples we are risking $200.

In example a, we have won $200
    In example b, our worst case scenario we lose BOTH BETS for $200
    In example c, we win $140, in essence risking $200 to win $140 on a parlay of Jones and Markes, when we could've simply parlayed Jones/Markes for +162.
    $21 to win $50 on Miocic parlay
    $25 to win $75 on De Fries straight

De Fries wins, I profit $54. Miocic parlay hits, I profit $25.

You're still not selling me on why it's a bad idea. As long as Markes and Herman keep up their end, I should be good either way here.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Thinking one fighter has a better shot at winning and including him in a parlay and playing his opponent straight up at a great value does not seem like a bad idea to me. It certainly proved to be a good idea last week!

Yeah, you could argue that I threw away money on Cope, but I saw enough value in him to make a play. Matt Brown was def not worth -360 or whatever he was. Made sense in a parlay, though!
    You get very confused by the idea that just because you won a bet, doesn't make it a good bet.

I used to play poker with a guy, we had a longstanding bet. I would bet every flop was going to come 3 to a flush, and if it did he would give me a green chip. If it didn't, I would give him a white chip. He and his friends would laugh and laugh and laugh as his stack of $1 chips grew higher and higher through the night. He won so much more often than I did.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

$21 to win $50 on Miocic parlay
    $25 to win $75 on De Fries straight

De Fries wins, I profit $54. Miocic parlay hits, I profit $25.

You're still not selling me on why it's a bad idea. As long as Markes and Herman keep up their end, I should be good either way here.
    Okay, I'll show you. You assign realistic percentages for the following events:

Jon Jones wins
    Ronny Markes wins
    Stipe Miocic wins
    De Fries wins

realistic percentages please, not your 97% stuff.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Another $25 to win $75 on De Fries and Markes+Miocic parlay for $25 to win $45.71

De Fries wins, I'm up $150. Miocic comes through, I'm up $70. Win/Win

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Okay, I'll show you. You assign realistic percentages for the following events:

Jon Jones wins
    Ronny Markes wins
    Stipe Miocic wins
    De Fries wins

realistic percentages please, not your 97% stuff.
    I'd say:

Jones - 98%
    Markes - 90%
    Miocic - 65%
    De Fries - 35%

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

I say:
    "realistic percentages please, not your 97% stuff."

You say:
    Jones - 98%
    Markes - 90%

Jones gets DQd alone > 2%

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I say: "realistic percentages please, not your 97% stuff." You say: Jones - 98% Markes - 90% Jones gets DQd alone > 2%
    Not counting possible DQ or Draw. Inc. all that, Jones is at least 95% for me. I wouldn't say Jones DQ is 2%. It's less than 1% in my book. The Hamill loss was a learning experience.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

I'd say:

Jones - 98%
    Markes - 90%
    Miocic - 65%
    De Fries - 35%
    I say:
    "realistic percentages please, not your 97% stuff."

You say:
    Jones - 98%
    Markes - 90%

Jones gets DQd alone > 2%
    Fu*kin amazing!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Another $25 to win $75 on De Fries and Markes+Miocic parlay for $25 to win $45.71

De Fries wins, I'm up $150. Miocic comes through, I'm up $70. Win/Win
    *Miocic and Markes comes through you'd be up $70

Giblets

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    I think Gabe figured out a way to beat the system

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Lol at markes winning 90% of the time. Does gabe know something we dont? Perhaps some inside info from BallinBlades?

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

You have a fighter in Markes who has won once in the UFC against an overrated Vemola winning 90% Of the time against a fighter whose only two UFC losses are against Chris Leben and Mark Munoz. You say Markes will win with his standup but you dont think Simpson, the talented collegiate wrestler, has a chance of outwrestling Markes? And Why do you think Markes will be able to finish Simpson, who took tremendous shots from the likes of Mark Munoz and did not go down? Markes won his only fight in the UFC with his wrestling. Nothing in that performance indicates he will be able to finish Simpson inside the distance with his standup 90% of the time. Simpson is a tough dude who has beaten the likes of Ed Herman and Tom Lawlor, two fighters signifcantly better than the reckless bulldog Vemola
    Last edited by Vitooch; 02-11-12 at 03:39 AM.

varkolek
    varkolek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2430

UFC on FUEL TV 1

Ronny Markes +120 > Aaron Simpson (4/5)

Ronny keeps it standing and outstrikes Simpson.
    I have already bet on Markes, larger than I would have done in the past because I noticed the more successful gamblers on here bet more when the line is mispriced.

But I think Simpson is a better striker. I just bet on Markes because I think even if Simpson bulked up he couldn't manhandle Vemola like that. I usually bet on the person who will get takedowns and top control, and avoid betting against the (better) wrestler. Maybe Simpson can make the wrestling competitive I don't know.

Of course, I haven't actually watched all of Markes' fights. I didn't watch his whole fight with Paulo Filho, just skipped through and saw a lot of it was done standing. Perhaps you've watched more footage and seen Markes is a better striker than I give him credit for.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Huh? I always include the dollar amounts with the parlays. I didn't include what I got on Herman and Markes because it will change by fight time. Pointless to say how much I've got on a certain fighter when it keeps changing. But yeah- got Markes maxed out at +120 but will arb out if Simpson reaches at least EV. Maxed out on Herman, too, will probably arb if Struve reaches at least +150.

Might not arb with either, I am liking 'em both...
    Why the hell would you arb out on Simpson at even when you cap Markes winning at 90% (i.e. Simpson should be +900)??? LOLOLOL. That's Gabetarded.

So much F graded math skills in this thread by Gabriel brings the lulz

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    Lol at markes winning 90% of the time. Does gabe know something we dont? Perhaps some inside info from BallinBlades?
    Judging by the past few weeks you've had and I've had, I certainly know a lot that you don't.

Not gonna argue with fools I do much better than. Did enough of that over the past few weeks and still ended up doing better than your asses.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Thanks for pointing out the clearly obvious, retardo.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Fu*kin amazing!
    I've told you I don't consider anything a lock unless it's at least 95% and you're amazed that I consider Jones a 98%er???Now THAT is amazing!

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    Why the hell would you arb out on Simpson at even when you cap Markes winning at 90% (i.e. Simpson should be +900)
    lol no wonder you're one of the worst betters on this forum.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

I think Gabe figured out a way to beat the system
    You can use your betpoints to purchase his latest book:

Kracking Da Da Vinchi Kode bye Gabe

Btw, love the new Av.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

lol no wonder you're one of the worst betters on this forum.
    Great comeback Aristotle. Now show me the evidence to backup your claim. My track record of MMA betting speaks for itself on Sherdog and, more recently, as a member of SBR.

I've never claimed to be the best capper here but I most certainly consistently turn a profit, something you can't claim (unless you think that cheating your bookie after the fact counts). I'm about 97-99% sure of that.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Great comeback Aristotle. Now show me the evidence to backup your claim. My track record of MMA betting speaks for itself on Sherdog and, more recently, as a member of SBR. I've never claimed to be the best capper here but I most certainly consistently turn a profit, something you can't claim (unless you think that cheating your bookie after the fact counts). I'm about 97-99% sure of that.
    "comeback" ?? So you're admitting you started a fight and were looking for a comeback??? lol sorry pal, what i said wasn't a "comeback" - simply fact.

Check my threads and tell me I haven't made a profit
    Last edited by gabe; 02-11-12 at 10:07 AM.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Check my threads and tell me I haven't made a profit
    I did. You don't. You admit to cheating to make up for your losses.

Gabe this relationship started off so pleasant. But I'm sorry to say that it's turned sour.

I've done a lot of introspection and I've realized that I only have a soft spot for kind-hearted retards not mean, aggressive ones.

I hope you understand.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Great comeback Aristotle. Now show me the evidence to backup your claim. My track record of MMA betting speaks for itself on Sherdog and, more recently, as a member of SBR.

I've never claimed to be the best capper here but I most certainly consistently turn a profit, something you can't claim (unless you think that cheating your bookie after the fact counts). I'm about 97-99% sure of that.

lmao-- i just checked your post history. you've been hating on me since you started posting here!! haha no wonder you're still talking shit. you were on lentz-beltran-roller while i was big against them. there's your "evidence," you pathetic loser. wow, good thing i looked in your thread history. half of your posts consist of talking shit towards me. pathetic fu*k.

1234 ... Last