getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

anyone betting on pierce?

Havent heard anyone taking pierce. does anyone give him a shot? i think koscheck is overrated but not sure there is any value on pierce

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Pierce KO of the Night at +800 or better will be only play I'd consider

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Hopefully, after watching UFC Countdown.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Im with Pïerce! 100 bucks @ +210

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

I definitely think Pierce has a chance, just depends on which Koscheck shows up. K-1 Koscheck or NCAA Koscheck

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Who says k-1 Kos cant win?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Any relation to Hawkeye Pierce?

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    Who says k-1 Kos cant win?
    Paulo Thiago

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got 75 on him at +195, might put more if this line gets more favorable.

This is my breakdown that I posted in Vaughany's thread in response to his solid breakdown of this fight:

I'm also leaning on pierce as of right now, especially with odds value in mind. However I think kos is a rightful fav and that on paper I'd pick him to win.

However, considering pierce hasn't really been taken down and kept there for a long period of time by the great wrestlers he's faced (although I know the much larger coy and munoz kind of had thier way in teh wrestling with him earlier in his career), I have a hard time seeing kos being successful with tds followed by dominant ground control. I actually give pierce the better jitz too. Kos has better offensive wrestling, but I think pierce has some of the best defensive wrestling in the game and I think kos might have a hard time dealing with that.

However, as you said and as Scottie said on Kamikaze Overdrive said, I think people are incorrect by saying kos has better stand up.

I think pierce hs much better technique and a more diverse striking arsenal. He's also got a great chin, somthing that might be questionable for kos. If pierce can keep it off the mat and not let kos smother him, I could see him winning a dirty boxing match. I think it would be damn close and probably another split for pierce, but definitely possible, or at least its something I can envision.

Don't think it will happen, but I have a small gut feeling pierce could tko and stop kos - drop him via overhand or close quarters hook and pound him out.

I put 75 on him at -195, might double that as I research more. Either way a close fight and kos is rightfully faved, but I think pierce is a VERY live dog.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

I like Pierce. I think he has a VERY good chance of stealing the win here and surprising a lot of people.