Werdum via Decision = 60%
    Werdum inside the distance = 30%
    Nelson via Desicion = 40%
    Nelson inside the distance = 70%

60% of the time it works ALL the time

more_betterness
    more_betterness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8689

At least we know that this is how everyone SERIOUSLY feels about this fight. I'm really glad that was specified in the thread title.

eligibletackle
    eligibletackle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1656

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Nelson via KO and Over 2.5 rounds to hedge!
    I guess I think this is my favorite advice, I think.

Werdum is kind of plodding and a lesser striker but Roy is just not that strong as a HW. Doubt Werdum can put him away but he can abuse him. Roy's right hand is far from his only way from victory and to act like someone w/ striking on Werdum level wouldn't be susceptible is hogwash. I think it'll contested ont he feet for Werdum more than usual, pulling guard all w/ Overreem, and kind of w/ Fedor. He his TDs on Bigfoot were nice, especially in rds 2 & 3, but Roy has deceptive speed, cardio, bjj, & tdd. his size and strength disadvantage just worry me so much from a bet on him.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by KushMoney View Post
    What's Roy @ -105? Is he injured or something ? Any inside info?

I personally would have had this Nelson -180 Werdum +155

Nelson is coming off a win and Werdum is coming off a loss.

Roy Nelson has decent striking IMO. Guys, He hung in there with a very, VERY hungry JDS and even landed some clean strikes on Junior. Werdum got KTFO by JDS.

Roy has the ability to keep this fight standing and does not have to go to the ground with Werdum . He can easily keep this fight standing as he (Like Overeem) will NOT let Werdum lure him into a grappling match during the fight.

I have met Werdum plenty of times and have seen him train alot here in Huntington Beach lately.

Here's some inside Info: Werdum is not 100%. He is Injured. His Knee is NOT 100% AT ALL. He's not training his MT 100% training with soft guys and his lateral movement is slacking. BUT HE IS NOT A UFC FIGHTER YET HE CAN'T BOW OUT OF THIS ONE HE IS COMING FROM STRIKEFORCE SO HE'S TAKING IT NO MATTER WHAT INJURED OR NOT.

So if someone knows Nelson is injured or something is wrong with his training camp I would like to know.

There you go SBR. Had to get that off my chest. POUND POUND POUND.

Nelson takes this. Watch the line move

get that money. Thank me later.
    You got a source on this or where did you hear it? What's up with his knee or is there some other injury?

Both my roomies train at Kings and are tight with werdum and the crew and they haven't heard anything like that.

Not saying I don't believe you but I'd really like to know where you heard this because it would certainly affect my reasoning when breaking this down...

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    I am on the Nelson side here. My previous post is to how I believe the public will view it.
    Public: OMG, Werdum beat Fedor!!! Easy win against Nelson
    Public 2 agreeing: Yeah all Nelson did was KO chinless Schaub and CroCop

I think Nelson can move forward and put pressure on Werdum. Moreover, Nelson has much better wrestling and trips than Werdum. Both are rather older, and Nelson has had his share of knee issues.

I would like to take Nelson around +160 or better
    Gotta disagree with that... Outside of mirko I can't remember the last time roy was dominant or effective with tds or ground control. On the contrary Werdum has been effective, especially with trips and sweeps, and has taken down some big mo-fos and controlled them.

I already put a line on werdum at -140, and I'll admit I'm scared that so many of you guys are liking roy.

THis is my first time hopping on here since last saturday and I'm somewhat regretting my play as of now. Yet my gut is still telling me werdum and so is my breakdown; however, I think you guys have some solid insight.

My breakdown is simple, and its probably why I am nervous:

Chin and power - Roy. Clinch, grappling, tds, striking technique, diversity of striking - Werdum. Cardio I would say is even.

I think werdum can use a similar strategy he used against big foot, and it looked like mir used a similar strategy to that when facing roy - throwing a few strikes, close the distance and clinch - get some dirty boxing and knees in - and get a trip or td. If werdum gets a good position on roy while on the mat I think he can definitnely keep it there in his favor. My biggest concern is werdum's chin and his gas tank. Also his striking defense is kind of shittty. So I can surely see a roy ko or 3rd round beating / 10 - 8 round. BUt I think werdum can outwork roy and has more strenghts and is more effective with overall mma skill. And not to use mma math, but he's fought superior comp imo.

THis is my two cents. I think you guys are right in choosing roy and both lines are legit if you like either guy, I just am leaning on werdum right now, albiet somewhat regretfully.

In hind site this should have been a no play for me (as should much of this card), but my gut likes werdum and I don't think my breakdown is too off. Just a hard fight to breakdown.

Either way Gl everyone.

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by KushMoney View Post
    Dude Nobody is on drugs here. Kush only. Let's discuss this matchup.
    LOL.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

So yeah, Werdum looked really injured out there

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

nobody can in mma today can take the freakin BEATING that roy nelson can absorb...WOW

guy is like a zombie that keeps walking forward

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Roy Nelson = comic relief

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

yea i was really a moron for thinking werdum would dominate.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Roy Nelson = comic relief
    Kung Fu Panda.

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

My biggest play of the year was on Werdum and I didn't regret it one bit.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

knee injury, eh? knees looked perfect to me

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

To be fair to the TS, my inside source in the locker room said that Werdum was icing his knees after the fight. Oh wait, they were probably just sore from being smashed into Nelson's face and torso all fight.

Oblivian
    Oblivian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 721

I knew Nelson covering up with his head down was going to be a downfall against Werdum. Nelson really needs to work on that.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Nice job Werdum backers. My analysis was way off on this one, probably the only play I regret making yesterday.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
    My biggest play of the year was on Werdum and I didn't regret it one bit.
    Yea, gotta respect a fighter that can beat Fedor.

First 12