gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    They definitely need better matchmaking for these cards.

The biggest blunder I have seen so far is why ellenberger/sanchez is not on a FOX card. That is the kind of matchup you build a FOX card around, not a fuel tv. There really is no "star power" for the random viewer yet they need to show them great fights.
    Couldn't agree with you more. Sanchez/Ellenberger is way bigger than Evans/Davis.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Please tell me how has it evolved?? How everybody is ALRIGHT at everything, so the fight stalls??

Lets be honest, Royce would submit any of these twinks in a minute..

And teaser I've been watching ufc since UFC 1..
    yeah like he did to Hughes

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    yeah like he did to Hughes
    Vaughny, I'm talking about prime Royce...

And more wrestlers should be like prime Hughes..

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Vaughny, I'm talking about prime Royce...

And more wrestlers should be like prime Hughes..
    Prime Royce wasn't fighting many elite wrestlers though...he was fighting guys who wore one boxing glove in the cage!

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Prime Royce wasn't fighting many elite wrestlers though...he was fighting guys who wore one boxing glove in the cage!
    dan Severn, Ken shamrock, saku are not good wrestlers?

I guess to most guys, takedowns with lay n pray is great wrestling..

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

dan Severn, Ken shamrock, saku are not good wrestlers?

I guess to most guys, takedowns with lay n pray is great wrestling..
    Firstly I said "many" and secondly Dan Severn was one of the only ones.
    He lost to Saku, then beat him when both were past their best (and happened to be on roids!) so if anything that doesn't support your argument that he'd tap out wrestlers today! Ken Shamrock was an elite WWE wrestler

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

So much dumb in this thread.

Players Talk - the safe haven for posters born of fetal alcohol syndrome.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    So much dumb in this thread.

Players Talk - the safe haven for posters born of fetal alcohol syndrome.
    you wouldn't survive with the big boys, lil guy..

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Firstly I said "many" and secondly Dan Severn was one of the only ones.
    He lost to Saku, then beat him when both were past their best (and happened to be on roids!) so if anything that doesn't support your argument that he'd tap out wrestlers today! Ken Shamrock was an elite WWE wrestler
    Anybody that calls Ken an elite wwe wrestler is guy that started watching MMA when TUF came out..

It's not my fault that the new generic fighters can't finish fights..

Educ8d Degener8

you wouldn't survive with the big boys, lil guy..
    Stick to things you're an expert on.... Like quarter squats in the Smith rack.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Stick to things you're an expert on.... Like quarter squats in the Smith rack.
    this peepsqueek likes to talk shit, but I'll put you to sleep quick lil guy..

Educ8d Degener8

this peepsqueek likes to talk shit, but I'll put you to sleep quick lil guy..
    Dude, you wanna sleep with me?! Sorry, I don't get down like that chief.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

The whole problem is match making. Joe Silva is terrible at it. They got very lucky Munoz got hurt or that fight which was the best of the three, would have been as boring as the first. Why put Maia in with a wrestler? The last few wrestlers he has fought the matches have been average to terrible. The second fight was good cause Bisping isn't just a wrestler. They lucked into that. Nothing u could do with the third match cause that was how it shook out. They have all these exciting fighters like Pettis to name one and he is no where near the card on Fox. Put two of the 155ers on a Fox card for goodness sakes.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Some guys won't survive players talk.....

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

The worst part of this is Fox's scheduling on the west coast. The fights were from 5-7pm PT. I had guys calling me up at 730, asking when the fights started. They did a replay at 8pm PT as well, but for some folks 5pm is too early for a main card, when you are used to them going between 7-930pm PT on a Sat. nite.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

The only thing worse than TT giving nutrition advice is Mayan talking about MMA. He's a shill for PRIDE and if they were any good, they'd still be around. There's a reason UFC is on FOX and PPV. Mayan's a neanderthal.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Anybody that calls Ken an elite wwe wrestler is guy that started watching MMA when TUF came out..

I guess you missed that Edson Barboza KO.

And I guess you missed UFC on FX 1- 8 out of 10 fights were finished. 6 inside the first round.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I guess you missed that Edson Barboza KO.

And I guess you missed UFC on FX 1- 8 out of 10 fights were finished. 6 inside the first round.
    It's called "confirmation bias" I believe. These dummies who like to think they are somehow elite by saying that they watched UFC in the 90s when MMA was "exciting" love to use it. Likes of "King Mayan" will see 15 minutes of one event such as UFC on FOX 2 and think it's boring then claim that that is absolute and indicative of UFC as a whole. Let's forget about the 5 events before UFC on FOX 2, such as the FX event that Gabe mentions, or the fact that UFC 142 had 4 out of 5 fights on main card finish inside round 1 and the other fight was one of the most spectacular KO's in history (round 3 finish). Or UFC 140 where 9 out of 12 fights ended with crazy KO's and/or submissions.

And I don't get this whole "You must of started watching MMA when TUF came out" elitist bull-shit argument! I guess the likes of Jon Jones and Rory Macdonald (google him Mayan) would also have no idea about MMA because they were only in diapers when the early UFC's were on? And do u not realise that you can just google "Royce Gracie vs Gerard Gordeau fight video" and then watch it? So because you watched it in 1993 and Jon Jones only saw it in 2004, that means u are superior and have greater knowledge? GTFO!
    Last edited by Vaughany; 01-30-12 at 03:16 AM.
    Points Awarded:

gabe gave Vaughany 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rickson by armbar

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Hey Queer Mayan, STFU Fool! You don't know shit about MMA..

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

It's called "confirmation bias" I believe. These dummies who like to think they are somehow elite by saying that they watched UFC in the 90s when MMA was "exciting" love to use it. Likes of "King Mayan" will see 15 minutes of one event such as UFC on FOX 2 and think it's boring then claim that that is absolute and indicative of UFC as a whole. Let's forget about the 5 events before UFC on FOX 2, such as the FX event that Gabe mentions, or the fact that UFC 142 had 4 out of 5 fights on main card finish inside round 1 and the other fight was one of the most spectacular KO's in history (round 3 finish). Or UFC 140 where 9 out of 12 fights ended with crazy KO's and/or submissions.

And I don't get this whole "You must of started watching MMA when TUF came out" elitist bull-shit argument! I guess the likes of Jon Jones and Rory Macdonald (google him Mayan) would also have no idea about MMA because they were only in diapers when the early UFC's were on? And do u not realise that you can just google "Royce Gracie vs Gerard Gordeau fight video" and then watch it? So because you watched it in 1993 and Jon Jones only saw it in 2004, that means u are superior and have greater knowledge? GTFO!

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

It's called "confirmation bias" I believe. These dummies who like to think they are somehow elite by saying that they watched UFC in the 90s when MMA was "exciting" love to use it. Likes of "King Mayan" will see 15 minutes of one event such as UFC on FOX 2 and think it's boring then claim that that is absolute and indicative of UFC as a whole. Let's forget about the 5 events before UFC on FOX 2, such as the FX event that Gabe mentions, or the fact that UFC 142 had 4 out of 5 fights on main card finish inside round 1 and the other fight was one of the most spectacular KO's in history (round 3 finish). Or UFC 140 where 9 out of 12 fights ended with crazy KO's and/or submissions. And I don't get this whole "You must of started watching MMA when TUF came out" elitist bull-shit argument! I guess the likes of Jon Jones and Rory Macdonald (google him Mayan) would also have no idea about MMA because they were only in diapers when the early UFC's were on? And do u not realise that you can just google "Royce Gracie vs Gerard Gordeau fight video" and then watch it? So because you watched it in 1993 and Jon Jones only saw it in 2004, that means u are superior and have greater knowledge? GTFO!

#MayanBuried

Good work, V.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    The only thing worse than TT giving nutrition advice is Mayan talking about MMA. He's a shill for PRIDE and if they were any good, they'd still be around. There's a reason UFC is on FOX and PPV. Mayan's a neanderthal.
    cowards that hide behind new usernames should keep their lil female mouth shut.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

You guys like to crack jokes on the homie mayan. But the facts still remain. These two fox shows have been disasters. Why can't you admit that and move on. There have been a lot of exciting ufc shows lately, but these fox cards are bullshit. Stop riding dana so hard. These free cards are bullshit, and you know it.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    You guys like to crack jokes on the homie mayan. But the facts still remain. These two fox shows have been disasters. Why can't you admit that and move on. There have been a lot of exciting ufc shows lately, but these fox cards are bullshit. Stop riding dana so hard. These free cards are bullshit, and you know it.
    They haven't been as good as some of the PPV events recently, but the FX event was free and I dont know how anybody can say tht wasnt entertaining. And the fact that they are FREE is the main point here! There are soccer games, NBA games, NFL games that are on free tv all the time and are boring yet nobody moans about that or says that it's over-saturated. Regardless, the argument wasn't just about that, it was about him saying "new generic fighters not being able to finish fights" which is just an ignorant thing to say. Is he moaning because the first FOX main event ended too soon (Dos Santos finishing Cain) or is he moaning because 3 fights went the distance on the most recent FOX? What do you want if you're not happy with fights ending early and not happy with fights going the distance!? Does every fight need to last 7minutes 30 seconds in order to be a good fight?!

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Your diagnosis "confirmation bias" can be used on yourself as well..

Dumbfukks watch every shit fight Dana white puts out there just to be cool and to somehow think they are TRUE UFC fans...

I tell those dumbfukks " hey man don't buy those fights, your helping dana put on more shit fights"..... Dumbfukks: "Nahh man, fighters are better now, they have evolved"

And I'm not the only one that thinks pride was better, your god Dana used to be in love with it..

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Your diagnosis "confirmation bias" can be used on yourself as well..

Dumbfukks watch every shit fight Dana white puts out there just to be cool and to somehow think they are TRUE UFC fans...

I tell those dumbfukks " hey man don't buy those fights, your helping dana put on more shit fights"..... Dumbfukks: "Nahh man, fighters are better now, they have evolved"

And I'm not the only one that thinks pride was better, your god Dana used to be in love with it..
    Maybe it was better, but just because it was better does that mean you don't watch the thing that it is better than? I watch the Champions League final every year, does that mean I shouldn't watch the UEFA Cup Final because the teams aren't as good as the ones in the CL final?

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Edit
    Last edited by teaserpleaser; 01-30-12 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Names pop up on google search

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Chael Sonnen ripped off "Superstar" Billy Grahams speech... http://www.cagepotato.com/chael-sonn...-billy-graham/

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    You realize that one of Sonnen's best buds is C M Punk the WWE Champion right? You've got to believe Dana's not happy with that schtick because he's trying to distance himself from the WWE/scripted crap.
    I think it's the opposite. White is trying to market the UFC to attract all the WWE fans who are older and realize how fukking gay it is to watch that nonsense. It's a fine line he has to walk to make sure he doesn't alienate his UFC fan base while attractive the fringe WWE fans.

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Just let Leonard Garcia fight on FOX..I hate watching him fight..but ppl who don't normally watch will enj

Hoopster007
    Hoopster007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

I don't live in a trailer so I have no idea what goes on with ufc. I prefer not to watch guys laying on the ground together or standing and hugging each other. Someone once told me to give it a try and after watching a couple minutes, a few different days, my initial thoughts stayed true. Forcing me to watch a free show is impossible much less paying for that crap. My question is, how does all the trash get the money to pay for PPV? All the people I see watching in bars and what not look like they just got out of jail and will probably be back there within the next year. I guess is just another example of priorities in america. You make $10/hr and spend your paycheck on weed, sweet cell phone, ufc fights. But can't support your kid or do anything else.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopster007 View Post
    I don't live in a trailer so I have no idea what goes on with ufc. I prefer not to watch guys laying on the ground together or standing and hugging each other. Someone once told me to give it a try and after watching a couple minutes, a few different days, my initial thoughts stayed true. Forcing me to watch a free show is impossible much less paying for that crap. My question is, how does all the trash get the money to pay for PPV? All the people I see watching in bars and what not look like they just got out of jail and will probably be back there within the next year. I guess is just another example of priorities in america. You make $10/hr and spend your paycheck on weed, sweet cell phone, ufc fights. But can't support your kid or do anything else.
    lol

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

First 123456 ... Last