Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

What makes SBR better than Sherdog

You can fighter bash all day long and not have to worry about the super sensitive mods deleting every little thread you make just because they have some kind of personal grudge against you. Seriously a lot of the mods at Sherdog have sticks up their ass the size of Sequoia branches.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Glad you got that off your chest.

Jordan23

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Glad you got that off your chest.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Free pizza here, that makes all the difference to me.

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

I love fighter bashing. Since quite honestly, fighters right now are only where they are because MMA is still relatively new. Is it coincidence that the best fighters are from ******* Brazil? No. It's because they have the experience of being the birthplace of Vale Tudo, BJJ, and MMA. Once MMA circulates the world for a little bit, you'd have a greater sample size. I don't think any of the current fighters are the best in the world. They are just the best at getting training opportunities.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
    I don't think any of the current fighters are the best in the world. They are just the best at getting training opportunities.
    Well you're right... but training is everything.

koscheckbaby

Yes. But there's plenty of people in the world that could train for like a year or two and best people out there that have trained most of their lives. MMA training is expensive and an afterthought to most high level athletes. If MMA was something cheap to pick up, it'd be all black people competing, since they are so much functionally stronger, faster, and better overall in athletics. Jon Jones wasn't even a high level athlete, can't even dunk a basketball, and he's tearing shit up. Rampage Blackson isn't much of an athlete either, but he's one of the current greatest because of his black man strength and power basically
    Last edited by koscheckbaby; 01-25-12 at 03:50 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

The mental/psychological aspect is a massive part as well tho. I'm sure there are thousands that are better pure athletes than Frankie Edgar, and who could probably develop their wrestling, striking etc... at a better level than Frankie, but his mental strength and dedication is something that not many people on this planet have, and more importantly can't develop. It's an innate attribute/quality

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    The mental/psychological aspect is a massive part as well tho. I'm sure there are thousands that are better pure athletes than Frankie Edgar, and who could probably develop their wrestling, striking etc... at a better level than Frankie, but his mental strength and dedication is something that not many people on this planet have, and more importantly can't develop. It's an innate attribute/quality
    Well, sure, that's part of his game. But there's plenty of guys in this world that could cut to 155 and probably blow him out of the water with just pure athleticism and skill. There's plenty of top level MMA fighters that have shown they will quit easily under duress as well.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Well, sure, that's part of his game. But there's plenty of guys in this world that could cut to 155 and probably blow him out of the water with just pure athleticism and skill. There's plenty of top level MMA fighters that have shown they will quit easily under duress as well.
    I highly doubt tht - that's just pure speculation. Guillard is a pretty athletic dude and isnt just a random guy! He didnt do too well. It's like saying any athletic guy could beat Roger Federer at tennis

koscheckbaby

I highly doubt tht - that's just pure speculation. Guillard is a pretty athletic dude and isnt just a random guy! He didnt do too well. It's like saying any athletic guy could beat Roger Federer at tennis
    Well, in a way, tennis is like the most training oriented sport in the world due to all the things you can do with a ball on the court. Those people are coddled from the time they are like 4, playing tennis, getting special coaches, and going to academies just to play tennis and being tutored for their education. Ever notice they all speak perfect English no matter what country they are from? I would say you can make a good argument tennis players are only the best because of training as well, although they have a larger sample space, since the game is played internationally and pretty accepted. But then you got the Williams sisters, who are black as night, that are by far the most dominant women's players. What are the odds that the best of athletic sports are always black? It's for a reason. In a way, like MMA though, tennis training is expensive and not likely to draw the black crowd.

But yes, I think I'm definitely right on this. People might take it as "Why follow the sport if you think these guys are just lucky they are where they are due to lack of people training and competing?" I still enjoy the entertainment of the fights. I just know they aren't really the best though.

koscheckbaby

Guillard is actually a good example of blacks being able to dominate. He's nothing special. He's just a black guy with speed and a mediocre wrestling background and lower belt in BJJ. But on any given day, he's dangerous as ****. He had Jim Miller, with a chin of steel, hurt. It's just his stupidity that costs him fights.

There's a lot better and more athletic black people than Melvin Guillard out there in this world. And even he has put away some fighters brutally in a way no other 155ers can. Edson Barboza is black too, of Brazilian nationally, and look at what he just did.

koscheckbaby

I make this argument when I'm watching hockey all the time too. I got some hockey player to concede it eventually. If hockey was accessible to the blacks and cheap to play, they'd dominate that sport as well. So, when watching it, it always feels watered down by the lack of them. And even still, the blacks that are in the sport are like the best fighters, checkers, and they even have a guy that is always towards the top in scoring (Jerome Iginla)

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Well, in a way, tennis is like the most training oriented sport in the world due to all the things you can do with a ball on the court. Those people are coddled from the time they are like 4, playing tennis, getting special coaches, and going to academies just to play tennis and being tutored for their education. Ever notice they all speak perfect English no matter what country they are from? I would say you can make a good argument tennis players are only the best because of training as well, although they have a larger sample space, since the game is played internationally and pretty accepted. But then you got the Williams sisters, who are black as night, that are by far the most dominant women's players. What are the odds that the best of athletic sports are always black? It's for a reason. In a way, like MMA though, tennis training is expensive and not likely to draw the black crowd.

But yes, I think I'm definitely right on this. People might take it as "Why follow the sport if you think these guys are just lucky they are where they are due to lack of people training and competing?" I still enjoy the entertainment of the fights. I just know they aren't really the best though.
    I see where you're coming from and yes tennis is one of those sports where they are groomed from a young age - sent to special camps in USA or Spain etc.. And I know from soccer that there are plenty of professionals who just shouldnt be there but somehow are!

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Kos, did you get banned from Sherdog? I never see you post anymore in the betting thread.

Honestly, it ain't just about who's the most gifted black athlete with training. How's Guillard, Rumble or Kongo doing in their respective divisions? It's hard to get more shredded and athletic than those three P4P and they're all in good camps yet there are far less athletic guys who've beaten them (Jim Miller, Frank Mir, etc.).

I agree in that I think the really unathletic guys will go the way of the dinosaur soon enough in the UFC but the pure athletes will not displace the complete fighters from the top. You can't teach the resolve that Frankie Edgar has. Guys who are complete fighters AND unbelievable athletes like Jones, Aldo or GSP will trump these guys but they're a rare breed.

koscheckbaby

In a way, Caroline Wozniacki is a Frankie Edgar of women's tennis. Number 1 in the world, but really not the best. She's just extremely mentally strong(makes minimal errors), always fighting for points, and her opponents have to be on their game and blow her off the court to win. But just being mentally strong doesn't make you the best. Serena Williams is a headcase, constantly throwing fits, and she's likely the greatest women's player ever. People always question LeBron James mental toughness too and he's the most skilled basketball player on the planet. If skill fall surpasses the mental, skill can still win out.

koscheckbaby

If Maynard or Penn had a little more endurance, they beat Edgar too. It's not like he won those fights JUST because of mental strength. His opponents lacked and helped him too

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    Kos, did you get banned from Sherdog? I never see you post anymore in the betting thread.

Honestly, it ain't just about who's the most gifted black athlete with training. How's Guillard, Rumble or Kongo doing in their respective divisions? It's hard to get more shredded and athletic than those three P4P and they're all in good camps yet there are far less athletic guys who've beaten them (Jim Miller, Frank Mir, etc.).

I agree in that I think the really unathletic guys will go the way of the dinosaur soon enough in the UFC but the pure athletes will not displace the complete fighters from the top. You can't teach the resolve that Frankie Edgar has. Guys who are complete fighters AND unbelievable athletes like Jones, Aldo or GSP will trump these guys but they're a rare breed.
    I got banned months ago and I can't tell why. It was after the Rampage-Jones PPV. I blew my winnings on Kos by stoppage on the Jets against the Raiders next day Tried to sign in and was banned.

I was on dubs already for saying "**** McGee," since I hate the whole going for takedowns late to score points. I thought the Korean guy was the better fighter, won the first two rounds, and it just pissed me off to watch McGee trying cheap tactics to assure his win. It wasn't like he was gonna keep the judoka down. I was also pissed years ago when Liddell took Silva down to avoid exchanging the last 20 seconds.

Don't know why I was banned though, unless they decided to turn the Dubs into a ban. "**** McGee" really doesn't sound too bad.

Hey, whatever, I call Bisping a pussy on other boards, including this. Sherdog makes you have to bite your tongue.

I talked to a mod there once and they said they have fighter bashing rules due to the fact fighters themselves complain and hold it against the site owners, and will decline interviews and such. What a bunch of whining bitches!!!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yeah sherdog still think that lots of fighters like to post on there and stuff. As far as I've seen the only "fighter" that's posted there in last year or so was Phil Baroni

koscheckbaby

MMA UG kisses fighters asses too, especially if they post in the thread. Bisping called me "dilusional" because I said he'd win by doing what he does best, avoid a fight within a fight. Then, mods were there, "Don't feed the troll," as if I am trolling with that comment.

Also, I asked what happened to Travis Wiuff's physique, no implication of steroids or anything. He just used to be chiseled. Now he's flabby. Some mod was threatening a ban. Assholes

I saw someone ask Ronda to put him in her triangle and they got banned.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Yeah, Sherdog mods can be really heavy-handed sometimes. I got banned for posting a "Cocaine is a helluva drug" gif in response to a ludicrous comment Melvin Guillard made. No warning, no dubs, nothing. I feel like I have to walk on egg shells there sometimes.

Sucks to hear about the Jets bet. That's my team so I feel your pain.

Other forums aren't the same though. There's just not as many passionate MMA fans elsewhere.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

hahaha

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    Yeah, Sherdog mods can be really heavy-handed sometimes. I got banned for posting a "Cocaine is a helluva drug" gif in response to a ludicrous comment Melvin Guillard made. No warning, no dubs, nothing. I feel like I have to walk on egg shells there sometimes.

Sucks to hear about the Jets bet. That's my team so I feel your pain.

Other forums aren't the same though. There's just not as many passionate MMA fans elsewhere.
    haha think i remember seeing tht and LOLing

koscheckbaby

Ronda lost points in my book in that thread. She couldn't take being sexually harrassed in good spirits. She was like "Definitely not appreciated." **** that shit. The only reason people are gonna watch you, aside from the Judo freaks, is to see your tight ass and pretty face. Accept it.

koscheckbaby

Sherdog is the best in the sense that you got the most people there and can weed through the shit. However, that place would be a paradise if it wasn't so controlled and monitored. I tried a board Cameldog and enjoyed the fighter bashing. But everyone fighter bashes to the point they are not making logical arguments and points. I think you can fighter bash and still be a very good poster. But so far, there's no real boards like that.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

shitdog and the UG is just as bad

Jordan23

Yeah sherdog still think that lots of fighters like to post on there and stuff. As far as I've seen the only "fighter" that's posted there in last year or so was Phil Baroni
    No I think Rick Story posted as well, talking about his beef with Mike Pierce... He wrote about a whole page (no paragraphs) haha people were giving him a hard time saying "cool story bro"... haha it was hilarious!

SATERSTYLE
    FLAWLESS QUEEN BRITNEY
    SATERSTYLE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3291

In a way, Caroline Wozniacki is a Frankie Edgar of women's tennis. Number 1 in the world, but really not the best. She's just extremely mentally strong(makes minimal errors), always fighting for points, and her opponents have to be on their game and blow her off the court to win. But just being mentally strong doesn't make you the best. Serena Williams is a headcase, constantly throwing fits, and she's likely the greatest women's player ever. People always question LeBron James mental toughness too and he's the most skilled basketball player on the planet. If skill fall surpasses the mental, skill can still win out.
    The only things I have to say is... Jon Jones can definitely dunk a basketball. No idea where you got the idea that he can't. I obviously haven't seen it happen but at his height and wingspan it is a given. Also at Lebron being the most skilled basketball player. The best basketball player, probably. There are players with more acquired skill than Lebron but without the sheer athletic talent Lebron has to match it.

For the most part I agree with you. The true top athletic talent is not in the UFC for various reasons

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

She couldn't take being sexually harrassed in good spirits.
    How strange.

koscheckbaby

SI.com: Jon Jones is 6-4 and can't dunk a basketball. Are you an athlete, conventional terms?
    Evans: Yeah, I was talking to Jevon Kearse and he was saying, 'An athlete is someone who can pick up any sport. He may not do it well at first, but he'll get good fast.' I think I'm there.

koscheckbaby

SI.com: Jon Jones is 6-4 and can't dunk a basketball. Are you an athlete, conventional terms?
    Evans: Yeah, I was talking to Jevon Kearse and he was saying, 'An athlete is someone who can pick up any sport. He may not do it well at first, but he'll get good fast.' I think I'm there.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1kX1V7PZG

Is it true Jon Jones can't dunk a basketball?
    Yes, here is what Jon has to say: “Honestly, I am not a good athlete. Wrestling, boxing, martial arts, that’s all I’ve ever been good at. I can’t catch a football. I can’t even dribble a basketball. I’m a six-foot-four-inch black guy who can’t dunk. I mean, it’s bad.”

www.jonjonesfighter.com/faq.php

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Is it true Jon Jones can't dunk a basketball?
    Yes, here is what Jon has to say: “Honestly, I am not a good athlete. Wrestling, boxing, martial arts, that’s all I’ve ever been good at. I can’t catch a football. I can’t even dribble a basketball. I’m a six-foot-four-inch black guy who can’t dunk. I mean, it’s bad.”

Interesting, although it works both ways. There are 6"4' elite black NBA athletes that can't throw a punch either... (0:42-on).

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Dropped a nice elbow, though!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Funniest thing was seeing Frank Mir try and kick a soccer ball...such awkward technique!

Jordan23

What would even be more funny is hearing Frank Mir try to break down a Soccer game.

12 Last