gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Nate as a dog in a 5 rounder?????? (mouth watering)

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47513

I really like Diaz..can't believe he's +190

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Let's stop talking about Diaz being a live dog and start talking about Jim Miller being a lock all the way up to -500

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

LAVAR JOHNSON +200
    PAT BARRY -260

WTF?? He was -155 against Christian Morecraft but -260 against LJ? LOL!!!

LJ at +200 here is a fine play!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Miller is being over-valued because of the wrestling advantage. It may well turn out to be the right decision as Miller wont be afraid of Diaz's ground game and could potentially get him down and spend some time on top and steal rounds leading to a close decision. Problem is that MIller doesnt have the stifling top control that somebody like Stungun or a Maynard may possess. Miller is very aggressive when it goes to the ground, in fact the only time I've seen him focus on staying in an opponents guard and maintaining position was against Wiman when he stepped in on short notice. This aggressive mindset of Miller's may play in to Diaz's hands as the type of fighter that is going to have a chance of beating a Diaz is a fighter who can stay on top and work GnP and steal rounds with "control", or a guy like Condit who can be patient and elusive and pick them apart. Quite clearly, Jim Miller is not the type of fighter to implement either of these styles/modes of attack.
    Last edited by Vaughany; 02-10-12 at 04:42 PM.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Miller is being over-valued because of the wrestling advantage. It may well turn out to be the right decision as Miller wont be afraid of Diaz's ground game and could potentially get him down and spend some time on top and steal rounds leading to a close decision. Problem is that MIller doesnt have the stifling top control that somebody like Stungun or a Maynard may possess. Miller is very aggressive when it goes to the ground, in fact the only time I've seen him focus on staying in an opponents guard and maintaining position was against Wiman when he stepped in on short notice. This aggressive mindset of Miller's may play in to Diaz's hands as the type of fighter that is going to have a chance of beating a Diaz is a fighter who can stay on top and work GnP and steal rounds with "control", or a guy like Condit who can be patient and elusive and pick them apart. Quite clearly, Jim Miller is not the type of fighter to implement either of these styles.
    If you were a chick, I'd be turned on right now. I hope you meet a broad who gets turned on by MMA talk.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    LAVAR JOHNSON +200
    PAT BARRY -260

WTF?? He was -155 against Christian Morecraft but -260 against LJ? LOL!!!

LJ at +200 here is a fine play!
    Differences in how each opponent matches-up stylistically. Lavar doesn't offer the take-down threat that Morecraft did, or even the submission threat despite Morecraft being average there. This will be the first fight in four for Barry (since Cro-Cop) where he doesnt have to worry about a grappling threat, thus being a considerably bigger favorite.
    Last edited by Vaughany; 02-10-12 at 04:43 PM.

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Signing up for an online account so I can get in on Barry by Sub....

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by proposition joe View Post
    Signing up for an online account so I can get in on Barry by Sub....
    ha Only fight wer Barry may actually be the better grappler!

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    ha Only fight wer Barry may actually be the better grappler!
    I'm takingbarry by sub

He said he wants one before he retires

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

He says he won't cut his hair til he gets one lol

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

If you were a chick, I'd be turned on right now. I hope you meet a broad who gets turned on by MMA talk.
    LOL...

Don't get any ideas V -- Mandy Moore is mine.

CaDDyy
    CaDDyy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

If nate wins and then test positive does your bet still win?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by CaDDyy View Post
    If nate wins and then test positive does your bet still win?
    yes

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    LOL...

Don't get any ideas V -- Mandy Moore is mine.
    ha No worries... I'll take Carano

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

has Nate ever tested positive for weed?

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

I'm a Diaz fan. And I think he is a big threat to the division if he can continue to improve. And I agree with Vaughn about him not being the best top control guy. But I am still afraid of going against him. He can take Nate down pretty much anytime I think. That alone is huge. He would love a title shot and I think he will plan for not being as aggressive with subs because he knows Nate isn't going to get sub'd. I think the line might be a little high. But I am always afraid of going against wrestlers who can stay out of submissions. On the feet Miller is not the best but he is decent and can take shots. I think if it isn't going his way he can wade through punches and pin Nate against the cage and get takedowns.

I will probably get a different feel for this fight as it gets close. I'm a fan of both fighters.
    Points Awarded:

gabe gave Rubber Guard 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

This could go to a decision. The judges will eventually get it wrong.

eligibletackle
    eligibletackle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1656

Nate as a dog in a 5 rounder?????? (mouth watering)
    Miller is no cardio slouch, I think 5 rounds bodes in Diaz's favor as it's just more time for him to accumulate damage

Like Diaz here. Miller has that combination of wrestling, bjj, & overal toughness that has given Diaz fits in fights past but a lot to like about Diaz. I don't think Miller poses a threat to finish, just decision, and Jim hasn't shown the straight blanketing skills as seen w/ Maynard, Guida, and DH Kim. Miller is so well rounded but it needs to be a grappler that'll relentless take nate down or be able to make each TD a 2-3 minute hurdle for Diaz who finds it's awful comfortable on his back, and Jim is not a guy prone to subs. I think Miller has a better skillset than some that've beaten Nate but just not ridiculously strong in the areas needed to exploit him when he has 25 minutes to throw punches. Diaz 48-46 (diaz 10-8 5th).

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Miller has a solid chin. He has never been KO'ed or submitted against anyone. He had mono and a kidney infection when he lost to Henderson.

Miller is a tough SOB with a world class pedigree. He has only lost to 3 premium fighters, and hasn't lost when healthy in 3 years. His form and focus appreared razor sharp his last fight vs Guillard. He absorbed several good shots, but never seemed rattled, and took the fight to the ground and ended it fairly quickly. Diaz ground defense is better, but I think Miller's edge here is huge and he will win somewhat ugly if he has too. Diaz won't be able to land a succession of clean knockout shots on him either, Miller can stand and fight/defend well.

Overall he just seems too well rounded and more technically sound and should find a way here, especially with his takedown and ground edge. Diaz won't knock him out and Miller will throw and not be intimidated in the least.

Most importantly I think whoever likes Miller this fight should wait late to bet. There was alot of late steam in his brothers fight and I would expect the same here. He has a very broad fanbase and is a hype machine, there will be an influx of casual money rolling in on him the weekend of this fight.
    Last edited by MeatWad; 02-13-12 at 02:58 AM.

First 1234