scofflaw
    scofflaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not playing anything until it's certified as a Big Chedda Monster Money Lock by gabe. I've seen so many locks,plays,bets,big plays, etc that I'm holding out for the best.

I've got Evans at -155 for my biggest wager of the night, Dunham is next @ -285. Smaller wagers on Sonnen & Weidman.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    He looked so piss poor against TJ Grant, who got his ass kicked by Jesse "Water" Bongfeldt rofl
    Nice Wiki searching brah! The Bongfeldt fight was in 2008. Bongfeldt is a very big WW - most of his career has been at middleweight. If you actually watch the fight TJ Grant was dominating tht fight then got caught - by no means did he get his "ass kicked"! Pierson also dominated Bongfeldt bloodying him up but then got caught - Bongfeldt has always been great at comebacks and fought smaller guys on the Canadian scene

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

LOL @ The Bongfeldt fight was in 2008--- because that's 20 years ago, right? ahahaha

I can't believe I took Bongfeldt over Weidman

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

LOL @ The Bongfeldt fight was in 2008--- because that's 20 years ago, right? ahahaha

Chronologically, no, 2008 is not that long ago.

However, when viewed relatively, in mma terms, and given that TJ Grant has had 11 fights since then, going 8-3 with the losses to Almeida, Hendrix, and Stun Gun... that fight from 2008 could be deemed somewhat irrelevant to current handicapping.

Not bagging on ya, just sayin, cousin.
    Points Awarded:

NunyaBidness gave Educ8d Degener8 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

No it's 3-4 years ago! It's quite a long period in terms of development as a Mixed Martial Artist. Jon Jones had his first ever MMA fight in April 2008. Do you think he was anywhere near the fighter that he is now back then?
    During that same month that Jones made his MMA debut Frankie Edgar was dominated by Maynard for three rounds. So I guess Frankie hasn't evolved since then either and he would get dominated again if he fought Maynard...oh wait

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

He's been fighting since 2008, but that doesn't mean he's improved like Jon Jones lol he only beats cans, whenever he faces a real opponent, he loses. When Shane Roller is your most notable victory, that isn't saying much. He could have fought 20 people since 2008 and beat them all, if he didn't come across any real competition. Those 11 fights mean nothing. He's only been in 3 real fights since then and has lost two of them. If he had really improved since then, he wouldn't have so many fights against cans. I'm sure he's improved, it'd be impossible not to, but it means nothing when you're just beating low-level competition. Win over Roller was nice, gotta see how he does next time around against someone a step up.

I just personally see Bongfeldt as a bit of a joke and can't help but laugh at anyone who loses to him.
    Last edited by gabe; 01-26-12 at 01:01 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

He's been fighting since 2008, but that doesn't mean he's improved like Jon Jones lol he only beats cans, whenever he faces a real opponent, he loses. When Shane Roller is the most notable victory, that isn't saying much.

I just personally see Bongfeldt as a bit of a joke and can't help but laugh at anyone who loses to him.
    No it doesnt mean he's improved like Jon Jones, but the point is that fighters evolve and can evolve significantly during a period of 3 to 4 years.
    And Shane Roller isnt exactly an easy win - anybody that has choked out Varner, Castillo and Njokuani is not a bad fighter! But then you've never seen a WEC event so you wouldn't know other than what you've seen against Guillard and TJ Grant and his wikipedia record! Grant was the underdog in that one as well.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I did not say anything negative about Shane Roller. I said he's the best opponent TJ has a victory over. And I consider Roller a mid-level fighter, at best.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I did not say anything negative about Shane Roller. I said he's the best opponent TJ has a victory over. And I consider Roller a mid-level fighter, at best.
    "When Shane Roller is your most notable victory, that isn't saying much".... "He looked so piss poor against TJ Grant"....

Those quotes are certainly not positive!

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    "When Shane Roller is your most notable victory, that isn't saying much".... "He looked so piss poor against TJ Grant"....

Those quotes are certainly not positive!
    I think Shane Roller is mid-level, at best. If you think he's a top level lightweight, we can argue about that.

Educ8d Degener8

Shane Roller would sub Chandler Blades in like 2 seconds.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Yeah, but would it be a real fight?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I think Shane Roller is mid-level, at best. If you think he's a top level lightweight, we can argue about that.
    Well if u think Roller is mid-level then tht would make TJ Grant above mid-level right? And what's me thinking he's a top level lightweight got to do with it!? Of course he isnt a top level lightweight, that doesnt mean he isnt still a solid fighter

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Yeah, but would it be a real fight?
    Yeah Roller choking him out is a pussy move... he needs to stand there and take 20 punches first so that it's a real fight brah

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Well if u think Roller is mid-level then tht would make TJ Grant above mid-level right? And what's me thinking he's a top level lightweight got to do with it!? Of course he isnt a top level lightweight, that doesnt mean he isnt still a solid fighter
    I was saying that a victory over Roller isn't too impressive. Am I wrong in saying that?

Roller DID look piss poor against Grant. And no, just because Grant beats a mid-level fighter, it does not automatically make him top-level lol it just gets him a step closer to being mid-level himself.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Chandler Blades +1680 > Shane Roller (5/5)

Chandler Blades will come into this bout fully prepared, after a hard trained camp. He will start out strong, eating about thirty-five to forty-five punches within the first ten seconds of the bout. Shane Roller will then fall to the ground, and Chandler Blades will fall on top of him, trying to get a "1-2-3!" count from the referee, but before realizing it's not a WWF match, Shane Roller starts screaming that both his hands are broken and Chandler Blades wins via Submission (verbal) + TKO (hand injury) Combination. First ever in MMA history.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I was saying that a victory over Roller isn't too impressive. Am I wrong in saying that?

Roller DID look piss poor against Grant. And no, just because Grant beats a mid-level fighter, it does not automatically make him top-level lol it just gets him a step closer to being mid-level himself.
    Did I say it makes him top level? You cant just group fighters in to bottom level, mid level and top level. It's not as simple as that. And yes you are wrong in saying that when you consider the context of how you are saying it. You were implying that Michael Johnson should beat Roller because by TJ Grant beating Roller it shows how bad Roller is because TJ Grant once lost to Bongfeldt, who in your opinion is laughable (a can). Aside from that whole chain of thinking being ridiculous because it's based on MMA math, it's also ridiculous because at the time TJ Grant's win over Roller was impressive seeing as he was coming off a loss to Ricardo Almeida, was making his debut at LW, and was the +165 underdog. Im not sayin Roller or Grant are particularly great fighters, you are right, they are both never going to be contenders or anything, but still you shouldnt base their abilities on one fight - especially when it was 4 years ago.

more_betterness
    more_betterness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8689

No value in that line! Poor play Gabe...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Chandler Blades will come into this bout fully prepared, after a hard trained camp. He will start out strong, eating about thirty-five to forty-five punches within the first ten seconds of the bout. Shane Roller will then fall to the ground, and Chandler Blades will fall on top of him, trying to get a "1-2-3!" count from the referee, but before realizing it's not a WWF match, Shane Roller starts screaming that both his hands are broken and Chandler Blades wins via Submission (verbal) + TKO (hand injury) Combination. First ever in MMA history.
    U realise u just created an enemy in Blades who is a real fighter from the mean streets of Alpena. By fighter I mean he likes to fight, all he does is fight god-damn-it. None of u other suckas know how to fight. Hell he even won the fight after his first fight on here.

Vaughany
    65 IQ

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Check this out, some funny shiiit... http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/...145836886.html

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Did I say it makes him top level? You cant just group fighters in to bottom level, mid level and top level. It's not as simple as that. And yes you are wrong in saying that when you consider the context of how you are saying it. You were implying that Michael Johnson should beat Roller because by TJ Grant beating Roller it shows how bad Roller is because TJ Grant once lost to Bongfeldt, who in your opinion is laughable (a can). Aside from that whole chain of thinking being ridiculous because it's based on MMA math, it's also ridiculous because at the time TJ Grant's win over Roller was impressive seeing as he was coming off a loss to Ricardo Almeida, was making his debut at LW, and was the +165 underdog. Im not sayin Roller or Grant are particularly great fighters, you are right, they are both never going to be contenders or anything, but still you shouldnt base their abilities on one fight - especially when it was 4 years ago.
    Um, no, my talk of Roller had nothing to do with Michael Johnson... and no, I don't consider Bongfeldt a can, I consider him a joke because of how he got guillotined by Weidman and 'cos he calls himself The Waterbong lol

so yeah, that's basically 2 false things you just accused me of right there...

also, yes, based on performances, i could easily say who is top, mid, or low level.

lightweight examples:

top- edson barboza, gray maynard, melvin guillard
    middle- shane roller, mark bocek, jeremy stephens
    low- aaron riley, michael johnson, cody mckenzie

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

dang, that vid isn't available here

btw- 65 IQ = retarded haha

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Um, no, my talk of Roller had nothing to do with Michael Johnson... and no, I don't consider Bongfeldt a can, I consider him a joke because of how he got guillotined by Weidman and 'cos he calls himself The Waterbong lol

so yeah, that's basically 2 false things you just accused me of right there...

also, yes, based on performances, i could easily say who is top, mid, or low level.

lightweight examples:

top- edson barboza, gray maynard, melvin guillard
    middle- shane roller, mark bocek, jeremy stephens
    low- aaron riley, michael johnson, cody mckenzie
    WTF! Im pretty sure on the previous page you have a post where you say your picking MICHAEL JOHNSON to beat SHANE ROLLER! This has everything to do with Roller and Michael Johnson...if it didnt then Roller wouldnt of come up in conversation would it! lol

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Not once you convert it to pounds.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

yes tht was the joke!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

This... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InEETt4GNOk

Educ8d Degener8

Not once you convert it to pounds.
    Nunya's bringing his A-game today.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

WTF! Im pretty sure on the previous page you have a post where you say your picking MICHAEL JOHNSON to beat SHANE ROLLER! This has everything to do with Roller and Michael Johnson...if it didnt then Roller wouldnt of come up in conversation would it! lol
    I also picked Carlo Prater to beat Erick Silva and Tito Ortiz to beat Ryan Bader. Does that mean I think they are better than their opponents? No. Does it mean I think they have a good enough shot at winning? Yes.

No, it did not have anything to do with Michael Johnson. We were talking about Shane Roller and Shane Roller only, we were not discussing Shane Roller vs Michael Johnson.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Roller steam rolling anthony johnson jr. BRAH

ROLLER WAR WAGON

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Nunya's bringing his A-game today.
    I'm thinking of being a professional comedy fan.
    Points Awarded:

Vaughany gave NunyaBidness 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I also picked Carlo Prater to beat Erick Silva and Tito Ortiz to beat Ryan Bader. Does that mean I think they are better than their opponents? No. Does it mean I think they have a good enough shot at winning? Yes.

No, it did not have anything to do with Michael Johnson. We were talking about Shane Roller and Shane Roller only, we were not discussing Shane Roller vs Michael Johnson.
    Okay, but surely anything to do with Roller has a certain amount of relevance when considering his next fight happens to be against Michael Johnson!

And I'm quite confident we were also talking about TJ Grant and Bongfeldt also and how the competition between those in the past has relevance to Roller's ability level today, and not just talking about "Shane Roller only"? Somebody help me out here!!!!!!!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    Roller steam rolling anthony johnson jr. BRAH

ROLLER WAR WAGON

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I'm thinking of being a professional comedy fan.
    Do it. We'll tour together. THE COMEDY FANS OF COMEDY TOUR.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Okay, but surely anything to do with Roller has a certain amount of relevance when considering his next fight happens to be against Michael Johnson!

And I'm quite confident we were also talking about TJ Grant and Bongfeldt also and how the competition between those in the past has relevance to Roller's ability level today, and not just talking about "Shane Roller only"? Somebody help me out here!!!!!!!
    No, we weren't "talking about" TJ Grant and Bongfeldt. I just had a laugh about the fact that Grant was submitted by Bongfeldt. That is all. There was no "talk."

That comment I made was irrelevant to Roller's fight with Johnson. It can make you like Johnson more, I guess, but I didn't have that in mind when I made the comment. I just said that Roller looked piss-poor (which he did) against TJ Grant, who was submitted by Bongfeldt. You took that and ran with it, turning it into a huge deal.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Do it. We'll tour together. THE COMEDY FANS OF COMEDY TOUR.
    That may be the first time you made me lol

First 12345 Last