milkncereal
    milkncereal's Avatar Become A Pro!

if you knew a fighter really well, what question/s would you ask

I got an old wrestling buddy/housemate that is fighting on the ufc prelim card. First fight in a major fight organization.

Thinking of betting for or against him if i can find some angle.

He's pretty nervous, and has talked a lot about getting his first photo shoot, interviewed, getting on ufc web site, so those are negatives.

Positives are that he told me the weight cut has been surprisingly easy, injury free, and feels in tip top shape even tho he took the fight a little last minute.

Also i know his training partner and best friend pretty well too. So i guess i could ask him what he think his odds are.

Right now im leaning at just betting for him at 100 bucks as he is almost a +300 dog and it would be sweet to see a victory plus some easy cash, but i keep thinking there might be angle that i could ask him and get really good insider info.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Tommy Hayden then

milkncereal

yeah thats correct. tried to keep name out of to stop the he got submitted his first fight on tuf so he must suck totally

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

haha yeah, I think a lot aren't even aware he tapped to Cameron Dollar on TUF. Normally I'd agree that it's worth a play at +300. But Camoes is a beast in the grappling department - he controlled Efrain Escudero who is a decent wrestler with superior grappling, and nearly choked out Kurt Pellegrino until Kurt spiked him on his head! If I understand correctly isn't Hayden's strength in grappling (blue-belt in BJJ)? I'd say he had a reasonable chance if his stand-up was reasonably dangerous and had power. What's his stand-up like? I guess Camoes could go in and underestimate him and get caught. It's a very tough first fight though.
    Last edited by Vaughany; 01-19-12 at 04:56 AM.

milkncereal

His wrestling is his background. Was just good not great at wrestling in high school. Wrestled at the club level in NCWCA (tom lawyor wrestled in that division if you wanna call it something). Been doing a lot of BJJ with JG. His stand up is still somewhat backyard style.

In the fights ive seen of his (regionals) its just him going out and pretty much double legging the guy down and then stomping there face in. He will stand and bang, but he's told me why stand up and get hit back when i can take him to the ground and just what out for subs.

I guess more i think about this the more i think the matchup is bad.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by milkncereal View Post
    His wrestling is his background. Was just good not great at wrestling in high school. Wrestled at the club level in NCWCA (tom lawyor wrestled in that division if you wanna call it something). Been doing a lot of BJJ with JG. His stand up is still somewhat backyard style.

In the fights ive seen of his (regionals) its just him going out and pretty much double legging the guy down and then stomping there face in. He will stand and bang, but he's told me why stand up and get hit back when i can take him to the ground and just what out for subs.

I guess more i think about this the more i think the matchup is bad.
    Yeah that's the thing, if he was coming in on late notice against a guy who's quite a one-dimensional striker and not a high-level grappler like Camoes than I'd definitely like a play on him.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

i would ask if he's going to have a wank before his fight or wait til after

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    i would ask if he's going to have a wank before his fight or wait til after
    Good question

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

Camoes seems like a beast whenever I've watched him. Vaughany is right. He had Pellegrino in trouble early, who has been a handful for most BJJ fighters. That borderline illegal spike made me not consider the end result legitimate. However, how the hell did he draw with Uno? Uno is exceptionally small at LW. Camoes should have won that fight easily. Octagon jitters?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
    Camoes seems like a beast whenever I've watched him. Vaughany is right. He had Pellegrino in trouble early, who has been a handful for most BJJ fighters. That borderline illegal spike made me not consider the end result legitimate. However, how the hell did he draw with Uno? Uno is exceptionally small at LW. Camoes should have won that fight easily. Octagon jitters?
    Possibly, he also had a point taken away for an upkick I believe, and his cardio hasnt been great - usually tires mid-way through second round, but looked slightly better against Escudero. Camoes is rolling with Dean Lister all the time - doesnt get much better than that to keep your BJJ game sharp!
    Last edited by Vaughany; 01-19-12 at 12:58 PM.

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

Did Camoes have it easier than Volkmann, who nearly got guillotined by Efrain?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
    Did Camoes have it easier than Volkmann, who nearly got guillotined by Efrain?
    Was actually quite similar, was up two rounds quite clearly just through controlling him then got caught mid-way of third round from a knee but survived, Escudero sat in his guard - didnt do much then put Camoes in a guillotine just before the bell.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Lost a nice grip of change on that spike, had Camoes at +195.
    Last edited by illmatick; 01-19-12 at 02:04 PM.

more_betterness
    more_betterness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8689

Anyone have any video of Hayden? My search hasn't been very fruitful.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Hope this helps

more_betterness
    more_betterness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8689

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Hope this helps
    Now i just want to fast forward fifteen years and see what trailer park those kids are living in!

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

I think it'll be in Alpena, Mi.

milkncereal

Quote Originally Posted by more_betterness View Post
    Anyone have any video of Hayden? My search hasn't been very fruitful.
    I have nothing really for you. you can probably find the TUF preliminary fight of his pretty easy tho.

Texted him a couple of good lucks. His best friend who is down there was talking to me saying how hard camoes was on making weight. He's lucky he gets an extra lb on non title fights.

No real inside info tho.