Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Cain should not be fighting Bigfoot

Cain should be fighting Frank Mir.

What is the point of this? I know some people will use the argument that losers should be fighting losers and that's how the UFC matchmaking works.... Well lets have a look

Lesnar vs. Overeem = Lesnar coming off a loss and Overeem coming off a win

Big Country vs. Werdum = Big Country coming off a win and Werdum coming off a loss

Chael Sonnen vs. Brian Stann = Chael coming off a loss and Stann coming off a win

Shields vs. Ellenberger = Shields coming off a loss and Ellenberger coming off a win

Shogun vs. Griffin = Shogun coming off a loss and Griffin coming off a win

These are just a few examples of losers not fighting losers... I think the exception can be made for Cain. If you have any more examples please feel free to share. Those are the ones that first came to mind.

Also lets factor in the fact that Cain might potentially break his hand on Bigfoot's head and be out for a lot longer. Cain has been on the shelf a while and he needs to stay active. Bigfoot just isn't the right person for Cain to fight.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Well he is so not much point moaning about it!

Jordan23

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Well he is so not much point moaning about it!
    "the best matchmaker" my ass!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

haha I think they feel Antonio Silva is a level below Mir so would be a better rebound fight for Cain coming off a big loss and injuries

Jordan23

But Bigfoot didn't exactly set any kind of bar in his last performance. Lets say Cain ends up taking Bigfoot to a decision, how would that make Cain look when Daniel Cormier blasted Bigfoot in the first round?

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Puttin Lesnar in with Allistar made absolutely no sense. It cost this company millions if not a billion. Let guys get their confidence back with lessor fights instead of giving them matches that are almost as hard as the one they lost the fight before. If they would have thrown Lesnar say Werdum and Brock won, they get another Brock fight. Now Brock is gone. Business wise it was stupid what they did with Brock. Why put Cain in there with Mir now. It puts a halt to one's career when one loses. Nobody cares much about Big Foot. Big Foot loses he has to work himself up again because he isn't in the title picture anyway. Cain and Mir are still close to a title shot. U need challengers for that title and u can't keep eliminating guys on the cusp.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

fight is off according to junkie

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
    Cain should be fighting Frank Mir.

What is the point of this? I know some people will use the argument that losers should be fighting losers and that's how the UFC matchmaking works.... Well lets have a look

Lesnar vs. Overeem = Lesnar coming off a loss and Overeem coming off a win

Big Country vs. Werdum = Big Country coming off a win and Werdum coming off a loss

Chael Sonnen vs. Brian Stann = Chael coming off a loss and Stann coming off a win

Shields vs. Ellenberger = Shields coming off a loss and Ellenberger coming off a win

Shogun vs. Griffin = Shogun coming off a loss and Griffin coming off a win

These are just a few examples of losers not fighting losers... I think the exception can be made for Cain. If you have any more examples please feel free to share. Those are the ones that first came to mind.

Also lets factor in the fact that Cain might potentially break his hand on Bigfoot's head and be out for a lot longer. Cain has been on the shelf a while and he needs to stay active. Bigfoot just isn't the right person for Cain to fight.
    Joe must of seen this post!

Jordan23

Thank the lord! Cain vs. Mir anyone?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Cain vs winner of Barry vs Morecraft

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

they just giving cain a winnable fight, they need cain to win to get into mexico

Jordan23

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation MMA View Post
    they just giving cain a winnable fight, they need cain to win to get into mexico
    Fight is off

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Cain vs winner of Barry vs Morecraft
    V, you would be making bloody money on that

Bigfoot vs Mitrione???? Prolly not, can't go from beating the 'best in the world fedor' to a TUF prospect

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Give Cain Kongo again. Kongo has been opening up his mouth a bit lately about Cain. Nobody would think it was an easy fight.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Except Kongo is already fighting Hunt in a couple months...would mean Cain waiting for another 5-6months

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

No one on the current UFC roster besides Bigfoot and Mitrione makes sense for Cain.

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    No one on the current UFC roster besides Bigfoot and Mitrione makes sense for Cain.
    Nelson/Werdum winner, Frank Mir, Travis Browne, Kongo/Hunt winner all fit better than Bigfoot or Mitrione.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by proposition joe View Post
    Nelson/Werdum winner, Frank Mir, Travis Browne, Kongo/Hunt winner all fit better than Bigfoot or Mitrione.
    Browne has a fight, and I was going with opposing him against someone coming off a loss, since he is doing the same. Perhaps Nelson/Werdum loser.