RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

would ufc actually let chael fight a champion in different weight class

on the ufc tonight on fuel tv, he claims he will use his number 1 contender voucher and fight either jon jones or gsp instead of anderson.

is he just fuckn around or is he serious?

would the ufc allow it?

gsp is out till 2013 and then has to fight diaz/condit so he is tied up for awhile...jon jones could make room in his schedule..but why? he would murk sonnen

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

First of all Chael is trollin'. He couldn't make 170 if he cut his leg off. Chael is a big MW. He could easily fight at LHW and even wanted to fight Rashad Evans on short notice a few months back. I wouldn't mind Chael testing the waters at LHW but anybody who thinks Chael will fight at 170 are crazier than he is.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
    First of all Chael is trollin'. He couldn't make 170 if he cut his leg off. Chael is a big MW. He could easily fight at LHW and even wanted to fight Rashad Evans on short notice a few months back. I wouldn't mind Chael testing the waters at LHW but anybody who thinks Chael will fight at 170 are crazier than he is.
    He could -- he would have to lose 15-20 lbs of MUSCLE, which is very different than just cutting 15 lbs of water/glycogen weight. Going catabolic makes you feel like a walking nightmare -- but he's probably crazy enough to go through it.

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Sonnen would be a very, very interesting matchup against Bones.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

He's clearly trolling, but he knows that if it attracts enough attention then the UFC would do it if they could. He clearly means that GSP would come up to MW tho, but knowing tht tht is unlikely means that he can easily say it and look like he's calling out the best guys and isnt afraid of them knowing full well tht it wont happen!

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Sonnen will be in a strange position if he loses to Munoz. Bisping/Maia loser, Koscheck at 185, Machida at 205 all would make sense and be marketable fights.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Anyone else think Munoz has a legitimate shot? If Sonnen gets a ton of steam toward fight day and Munoz's line climbs another 50 - 100 Pts I might take a stab.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

I could see Sonnen getting a shot at 205 for sure, after Henderson and Evans where do they go after that at LHW. Jones beats him but if Sonnen talks some shiit they might move some PPV's

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Sonnen can't beat Jones, but he can TD 90% of LHW, all the MW and all the WW. Anyway, i still think the better way to him is beat Munoz and get his revenge against Anderson (NOT IN BRAZIL!), there is no way in hell he could leave here with the belt.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by caveira View Post
    Sonnen can't beat Jones, but he can TD 90% of LHW, all the MW and all the WW. Anyway, i still think the better way to him is beat Munoz and get his revenge against Anderson (NOT IN BRAZIL!), there is no way in hell he could leave here with the belt.
    If he beats Munoz he gets Silva no if, ands, or doubts. This isn't the greatest matchup for Chael fighting Munoz and the thought of Munoz fighting A Silva doesn't attrack anyone. The UFC is taking a huge risk here. Stupid if u ask me.

RaiderNation MMA

yeah id rather just see him lose to anderson in a soccer stadium in brazil. the place would go bananas

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation MMA View Post
    yeah id rather just see him lose to anderson in a soccer stadium in brazil. the place would go bananas
    I went to the first and second UFC RIO and i can't see Sonnen beating Anderson here. Just look at Vitor x AJ fight, AJ has 10 seconds to do something amazing on top before Miragliotta stand up the fight. Anderson will have much more stand up time to beat him if the fight happens in UFC SP (next in Brazil).

RaiderNation MMA

dam bro i bet ufc rio was off the chain. Brazil too sketch for me tho