JohnnyFive
    JohnnyFive's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best Overeem/JDS odds

Looking to possibly make a play on the Reem on what I consider a pick em matchup. Anyone know where I can get the best odds on the Reem to win and the Reem to win by KO/TKO?

The best boxer in the heavyweight division (JDS) faces the best striker (Overeem) and, this is gonna be a good one. Reem has an ENORMOUS size/strength advantage here. Also, Overeem will have ZERO fear of the takedown (he was terrified that Werdum would take him down, which is why he looked so tentative). I believe this is a pickem or Reem -110 type matchup. To be getting nearly 2/1 is enormous here.

Can anyone help with the odds?

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

http://www.bestfightodds.com/

It's only up on a couple of books and no books have KO/TKO props yet. You will have to wait until much closer to the event to bet KO/TKO.

JohnnyFive

In the other thread about JDS/Reem several people mentioned odds much better than +147 and someone also mentioned better than +200 on the KO/TKO prop.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyFive View Post
    In the other thread about JDS/Reem several people mentioned odds much better than +147 and someone also mentioned better than +200 on the KO/TKO prop.
    reem was +190 but that was well before the brock fight and before the jds-reem fight was confirmed. currently its still only available on a few books.

any talk about props is probably just speculation.

JohnnyFive

In the other thread right below this one they make mention of all sorts of numbers AFTER the Reem/Brock fight.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Those numbers are on that website. You click the current number and it shows you how the line has moved. When people bet openers in MMA lines move a lot. +147 is the best line you can get right now.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Line trending towards even. Doubt you'll get much better than what it is now.

Lick496
    Lick496's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2196

ugh i remember seeing this on 5d like a month ago at +190

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Lick496 View Post
    ugh i remember seeing this on 5d like a month ago at +190
    must have been a different book. 5d never had a line for jds-reem.

Spanks
    me pee pee
    Spanks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

reem will be getting his ass knocked out...save your money or donate it...or watch the Diaz fight again...beating brock meant nothing...dude was not fighting,soft and full of surgeries...

JohnnyFive

Thanks for the advice, however, I"m a fairly avid fan/watcher of MMA and, while it's certainly POSSIBLE the Reem will be knocked out, I think there is HUGE value in the number (+147 for me right now), so I'm betting it. You are dismissing his recent knockout of Brock in the first round. Fine. Are you also dismissing his previous nine or ten consecutive wins? What about his K1 prowess?

Overeem is a beast. He is MUCH bigger/stronger than JDS. JDS is a beast of a boxer, but, he is VERY one dimentional. He might be the better boxer, but, Reem is the much better overall striker.

JohnnyFive

By the way, when you say that he's going to knock Overeem out with such passion (uninformed as it might be) and conviction, are you referring to the way he knocked out Carwin, or the way he knocked out Roy Nelson (a B level heavyweight himself)? Oh, that's right. He failed to knock either one of them out.

Whereas Overeem, with the exception of Werdum (because of a VERY clear gameplan aimed at caution so as to not be taken down by the best guy in the heavyweight division on the ground, at least in terms of submitting you), has knocked out or submitted EVERYONE he has faced dating back to November of 2007 (12 fights).

Again, not saying that he is going to win this fight (although I have my own internal number somewhere around a pick or Reem slightly favored). I'm simply saying there is tremendous value in this number. In fact, anything above 120 or so I see tremendous value in for Overeem.
    Last edited by JohnnyFive; 01-06-12 at 11:23 AM.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think if you like reem you should play him now. I think his under odds will only get worse as the fight approaches.

However, I'd be weary to do so.

I'll eat my words and bow down in respect if I'm wrong, but I've watched mma a damn long time and that man is still overrated to me. The legit opponents at lhw he lost to in japan (although I'll say he did put up good fights for the most part), and he went on a can crushing spree at hw, and the one legit hw he fought he looked very 'meh' against - aka average reem - which he is.

K1 gp winner is a great accomplishment and I give him much respect for that, but k1 striking is NOT mma striking - not even close. Reem has a chance in round 1 when he has power and cardio. The rest of the fight he is a goner, he will gas, his power will diminish and not be a major threat to jds, and he'll use his horrible striking defense as if he was still in k1 with 10 oz gloves and jds crisp str8s, hooks and overhands will slip through those gloves, busting reem's questionable jaw.

Again, I'll eat my words if I'm wrong and will finally give reem respect, and I very well could be wrong and could be continuously overerlooking reem (although did pick him against brock), but I think jds wins this and wins it decisively.

Therefore I'd wait to play jds if you like him, I bet he will be close to even come fight week, perhaps a dog as there are a lot of dumb nut huggers out there who have been sold on the reem hype for a long time.

I'm looking forward to this fight. It will show where reem really is at hw and will hopefully show jds boxing arguably most superior in mma.

JohnnyFive

I hardly consider myself a "dumb nut hugger" and if you read my posts above, you will see that I see this fight as a pick em, with a SLIGHT edge to Overeem.

Forgetting all this analysis, there is one thing that only I have mentioned that seems to be getting vastly overlooked. It's convenient to give the edge in cardo/conditioning to JDS, but, nobody has mentioned the OVERWHELMING size/strength advantage to Overeem. He will likely outweigh him by 50 pounds on fight night.

If they weren't fighting in the HW division, they would be 2-3 weight classes apart. That is significant.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

I hardly consider myself a "dumb nut hugger" and if you read my posts above, you will see that I see this fight as a pick em, with a SLIGHT edge to Overeem.

Forgetting all this analysis, there is one thing that only I have mentioned that seems to be getting vastly overlooked. It's convenient to give the edge in cardo/conditioning to JDS, but, nobody has mentioned the OVERWHELMING size/strength advantage to Overeem. He will likely outweigh him by 50 pounds on fight night.

If they weren't fighting in the HW division, they would be 2-3 weight classes apart. That is significant.

20 lb difference at the most.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

please excuse the dumb nut hugger - wasn't direct to you or anyone, just my own smart ass arrogance I get when I write... I'm not disrespecting your support for reem or your insight. Its mainly my own frustration I get from my bias against die hard reem fans - it's just banter.

I don't think he'll outweight him 50 pounds though, perhaps 25 lbs at most, but I don't think much more than that. Considering the styles and the way this will play out (mostly on the feet), I don't think size will be too much a factor and could even play against reem as detrimental in a prolonged stand up battle.

Pinocchio
    Pinocchio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8101

Prolonged stand up battle? What are you on? Overeem has gone the distance in a grand total of 1 of his last 17 fights, against a guy who didn't even try to fight. And this is going to be 5 rounds, not 3. I think there will be no prolonged stand up battle, you can bet your house on it.

The legit opponents at lhw he lost to in japan (although I'll say he did put up good fights for the most part), and he went on a can crushing spree at hw, and the one legit hw he fought he looked very 'meh' against - aka average reem - which he is.
    Haters often use this argument against Overeem. 5 years ago he lost to a few good LHW therefore he surely won't beat fighter x and figter y RIGHT NOW. As if right now is 2005. Get real.

JohnnyFive, good luck with your bet. Good value there for sure. I can see JDS winning if he can manage to get a freak knock out early or if he can take it into the latter rounds fairly unscratched, when both fighters will slow down and only be able to throw like featherweights, which I do not think will happen. I cannot see him winning in any other manner as he is extremely one dimensional.

You know how it goes: everybody has a plan, until they get hit. I'd like to how eager to engage JDS is going to be with his superior stand up, if Overeem manages to land even one clean atomic knee to the body...

JohnnyFive

20 pounds at most? 25 pounds at most? Guys, JDS is a smallish heavyweight in size (not in height) and, Overeem is....well......massive. Probably walks around at 285+. On Fight Night they will probably weight around 275 (Overeem) and 235 (JDS). That is a BIG difference.

Again. I see this fight as basically a pick em fight, which is why I see value on the number I got.