Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Over or Under 10 seconds for Brock to shoot

What you guys say?

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hopefully under since I'm on Lesnar here.

Jordan23

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    Hopefully under since I'm on Lesnar here.
    I have a hard time seeing any way that Brock doesn't immediately shoot for the takedown. If Brock goes out and just dives for takedowns without any set up I promise you he is going to get absolutely smashed.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

That should be where he is focusing his game. He pretty much powered through the takedown against Cain. If he is unable to get it immediately he needs to just work for it in a close distance and not allow Reem to get anything too devastating in. If he puts in the work quick even if he doesn't get the takedown he should be able to slow Reem down and get something going. I really think he gets the early takedown though.

Jordan23

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    That should be where he is focusing his game. He pretty much powered through the takedown against Cain. If he is unable to get it immediately he needs to just work for it in a close distance and not allow Reem to get anything too devastating in. If he puts in the work quick even if he doesn't get the takedown he should be able to slow Reem down and get something going. I really think he gets the early takedown though.
    I have no doubts that Brock will be able to take Reem down. But here's the problem, Reem and everybody else knows that Brock is going to immediately shoot for the takedown. Overeem's entire camp is probably based around that fact.

If Brock just starts diving into takedowns without setting them up I truly believe he is going to get smashed. Brock's takedowns are pretty much slow, predictable power doubles. I could see Brock getting his face kneed into the 3rd row. Overeem will be ready for this. Brock has to set up his takedowns with even a little striking or he's just going to do his breakdance routine again.

A lot of people are forgetting the fact that Overeem also has submissions. If the fight goes to the clinch I think people will be shocked at how even it is. I really think the clinch is a bad spot for Brock to be in... it's a place where I could see Overeem actually pressing Brock against the cage and unleashing some vicious knees.

I can't wait for this fight. Look forward to hearing more of your thoughts!

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

over.

lesnar's not an idiot. he will threaten with the takedown the whole time, but he doesn't need to shoot immediately. as long as he's got overeem worried about the takedown he can open up with his hands, and the moment overeem gets comfortable standing lesnar will try to take things down.

overeem does not react to getting hit well (although neither does lesnar), and lesnar's striking is underrated.
    Last edited by v1y; 12-24-11 at 09:14 AM.

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    over.

lesnar's not an idiot. he will threaten with tha takedown the whole time, but he doesn't need to shoot immediately. as long as he's got overeem worried about the takedown he can open up with his hands, and the moment overeem gets comfortable standing lesnar will try to take things down.

overeem does not react to getting hit well (although neither does lesnar), and lesnar's striking is underrated.
    I couldn't agree more!

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

lesnar will go for a takedown if he gets it he will have an easy night,if not then he will lock up with reem and try to wear him out.These are lesnars only options.

Teamprofit101
    Gmail
    Teamprofit101's Avatar Become A Pro!

OVER

I'm pretty sure lesnar learned his lesson from the Cain fight...I think he will be a little more calmed for this fight.

He also cannot just shoot on Overeem because he will catch a knee to the face, so I'm expecting him to have a learned from the past and try to disguise the takedown better.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Takedowns are all on timing.
    A lot of times the easiest takedowns are anticipating your opponent's move. You want to catch him when he is moving his momentium in your favor. Lesnar, imo, has the superior instinct for this, it's wheather or not he will get caught with a punch/knee in the process.

That is what I can not see clearly.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Over, but he should do it asap. If he can get him on the ground, he wins this fight!

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

lesnar's not an idiot.
    I disagree with that.

he will threaten with the takedown the whole time, but he doesn't need to shoot immediately. as long as he's got overeem worried about the takedown he can open up with his hands, and the moment overeem gets comfortable standing lesnar will try to take things down.

I think it's in Lesnar's best interest to drag out the first round. Reem will expect the takedown so if Lesnar just avoids for a round (or goes 2-3 minutes without a TD) it should throw Reem off and then he can shoot with more success.

If Lesnar gets one good TD or push on the cage, I see Reem getting gassed quickly.