Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Mark Hunt vs. Cheick Kongo

Lets go ahead and get some early love for this fight.....

Post your breakdowns, potential odds, and so on and so forth.

I certainly expect Kongo to be a decent sized favorite in this fight, however I will make a good play on Hunt if his line gets anything above +200.

Hunt has very underrated takedowns and takedown defense. He almost has to figure Cheick is going to want to take this fight to the ground.

I think this is a winnable fight for Hunt as long has his takedowns (both offense and defensive) are up to par.

I really can't wait for this fight. It's going to be a good one!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Many wont wanna talk about this until the odds are out.

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Kongo is not Rothwell, Hunt doesn't have cardio to beat Kongo by unanimous decision and also is very unlikely to win by submission. If I make a play on him, will be Hunt by Tko/Ko or to win in the first round (need to see the lines).

Jordan23

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Many wont wanna talk about this until the odds are out.
    Well I'm obviously not one of those many

Jordan23

Quote Originally Posted by caveira View Post
    Kongo is not Rothwell, Hunt doesn't have cardio to beat Kongo by unanimous decision and also is very unlikely to win by submission. If I make a play on him, will be Hunt by Tko/Ko or to win in the first round (need to see the lines).
    We can't really factor in Hunt's last fight, I mean it happened in Denver! I don't know if you've ever been to Colorado but the air up there is no joke. I think his cardio should be fine come fight time. I'm hoping we see a slugfest but I'm 99 percent sure we're going to see a sloppy wrestling match.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

The only way I can imagine hunt winning this fight is by KO. I don't think he has any chance of winning a decision.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Play Hunt via (T)KO at +250 or better. I don't see him winning any other way either. Kongo is always a risky play b/c you never know how well he'll implement his gameplan... at least with Hunt you'll get some value.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I have no doubt Kongo can and will take him down. Hunt has been gifted two wins by facing mediocre competition in Tuschererereer and facing a Ben Rothwell who gassed after 2 minutes! Of course Hunt always has a chance of TKO/KO and Kongo is clearly very hittable. Nontheless, for me this is a step-down in competition for Kongo, going from Mitrione to Hunt.

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Why does everyone wanna cockblock gift lines? Making money is fun

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Kongo should win this one, don't think he will want to stand to long and like vaughany said he should be able to take him down.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    Play Hunt via (T)KO at +250 or better. I don't see him winning any other way either. Kongo is always a risky play b/c you never know how well he'll implement his gameplan... at least with Hunt you'll get some value.
    That's what all you guys said about the rothwell fight, take hunt by tko (and most of you guys thought there was no way hunt would win anyways and thought I was an idiot), and luckily I didn't listen to the majority and took hunt by decision and made some nice paper. This could definitely go to a decision. If you're taking the dog in this I would take them str8 up, I wouldn't do a prop bet. Although it's hard to say until the odds are out, but if either is a nice dog over +200 I would take them str8 up as I feel you're taking an unecesssary risk playing the prop. If kongo is a nice fav and his ITD bet is at dog odds I might take that.

As V said, kongo should be able to get hunt down and I can see him grinding a D or maybe even subbing him as the guy could probably get subbed by anyone. Kongo isn't going to crack that granite skull so I don't see a kongo ko/tko finish. Yet like ben, kongo is gonna have to change levels and get his big ass low enough to shoot on mark and wade through the barrage of leather to get him down. His best route for tds would be to close the distance and clinch, then go for a trip / throw. Otherwise he's gonna get lit up trying to bend his big frame over to get hunt down. I think kongo wins, but if hunt is a nice dog I'll def be playing a line on him just like I did against ben and chris - he's a legit threat against anyone and it was a great feeling to see him beat both chris T and ben when everyone had written him off. Kongo is WAY better than chris t and ben, but I do give hunt a shot and will play him at nice dog odds.

I love this fight Can't wait!
    Last edited by MMAbetMASTA; 12-18-11 at 06:57 PM.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by proposition joe View Post
    Why does everyone wanna cockblock gift lines? Making money is fun
    Why does everyone think oddsmakers give a shit what 10 specific guys on this specific forum say. Not sure if its a high self-opinion or lack of understanding at how large this small market is.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Why does everyone think oddsmakers give a shit what 10 specific guys on this specific forum say. Not sure if its a high self-opinion or lack of understanding at how large this small market is.
    Too many self-proclaimed "MMA Genius'", "MMA Gurus", "MMA Masters", MMA Sharks" around!

Nick Kalikas also has a decent understanding of MMA and doesn't need to look at sites like these and he releases openers the majority of the time. Then 5dimes/Sportbet release openers randomly and is done by Tony (apparently according to him) whenever he "gets a chance to do it"...so I doubt he's scouring the forums looking for insight! 5dimes/Sportbet just move the lines whatever way they need to to balance it out anyway, even if it means going from -180 to -300 favourite in matter of minutes.
    Last edited by Vaughany; 12-19-11 at 02:53 AM.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Too many self-proclaimed "MMA Genius'", "MMA Gurus", "MMA Masters", MMA Sharks" around!

Nick Kalikas also has a decent understanding of MMA and doesn't need to look at sites like these and he releases openers the majority of the time. Then 5dimes/Sportbet release openers randomly and is done by Tony (apparently according to him) whenever he "gets a chance to do it"...so I doubt he's scouring the forums looking for insight! 5dimes/Sportbet just move the lines whatever way they need to to balance it out anyway, even if it means going from -180 to -300 favourite in matter of minutes.
    Will one of you guys start calling me an MMA Shark so I don't have to be self-proclaimed?

proposition joe

1) I don't know what Odessa or Kalikas actually do, seeing as how I know nothing about them, but I do know that if my job was to make the lines for upcoming fights, I would want to rely on much more than my own opinion of those fights. Trolling Sherdog and the like makes more sense, but if you Google MMA betting, it doesn't take too long to stumble across this forum.

2) This forum has a lot of guys who consistently beat the books. The opinions of guys like vanity and BigDay are quite valuable information if taken and used correctly. I would be surprised if Kalikas and others DIDN'T want to know what direction these guys were leaning before releasing lines..and others as well.

3) I personally used to feel the same way as you. The lines for UFC 137 changed my mind. Everyone and their mother was talking about Scotty J and Vera being potentially big plays before the lines were released and look what happened. If they aren't trolling these forums, then why do we only get good lines on fights that no one is talking about?

proposition joe

Doesn't need to? Then he isnt doing his job to the best of his ability. Beating the books is hard to do already, giving them any potential advantage is stupid. When you play poker, do you openly talk about your hand just because the other players probably "don't need" to know what you have to beat you?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ghost kid

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

1) I don't know what Odessa or Kalikas actually do, seeing as how I know nothing about them, but I do know that if my job was to make the lines for upcoming fights, I would want to rely on much more than my own opinion of those fights. Trolling Sherdog and the like makes more sense, but if you Google MMA betting, it doesn't take too long to stumble across this forum.

2) This forum has a lot of guys who consistently beat the books. The opinions of guys like vanity and BigDay are quite valuable information if taken and used correctly. I would be surprised if Kalikas and others DIDN'T want to know what direction these guys were leaning before releasing lines..and others as well.

3) I personally used to feel the same way as you. The lines for UFC 137 changed my mind. Everyone and their mother was talking about Scotty J and Vera being potentially big plays before the lines were released and look what happened. If they aren't trolling these forums, then why do we only get good lines on fights that no one is talking about?

Doesn't need to? Then he isnt doing his job to the best of his ability. Beating the books is hard to do already, giving them any potential advantage is stupid. When you play poker, do you openly talk about your hand just because the other players probably "don't need" to know what you have to beat you?
    You are correct with a lot of what you said, but a linesmaker would of been retarded to not open Jorgensen and Vera at -375 range. Yes the Vera fighter was a hell of a lot closer than that but nonetheless stylistically it was a fight made for Vera to win. And on the flipside, everybody was talking about Schaub being a great play against Gonzaga, and Stephens a great play against Davis and both opened as underdogs. But I agree, ultimately it is best to not give them any possible advantage, and probably best to talk about matches that odds aren't out for over PM rather than on here

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

1) There are dozens of other forums where other people are having the same discussions. Guess what, no one loses on those forums either.

2) Early lines are opened with small limits with the expectation that low-rent sharps and arbers will tighten the lines up before the day of the fight when the majority of the money comes in and limits are large.

proposition joe

1) There are dozens of other forums where other people are having the same discussions. Guess what, no one loses on those forums either.

2) Early lines are opened with small limits with the expectation that low-rent sharps and arbers will tighten the lines up before the day of the fight when the majority of the money comes in and limits are large.
    I don't disagree with either of those statements at all? Except that no one loses here or there??

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29042

no book on earth gives a crap what the guys here say about these fights

yes there are great cappers here, but there are mant other places as well

its a nice ego stroke, but far from reality

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    no book on earth gives a crap what the guys here say about these fights

yes there are great cappers here, but there are mant other places as well

its a nice ego stroke, but far from reality
    yeah, they probably won't check here until they catch wind of me.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

I don't disagree with either of those statements at all? Except that no one loses here or there??
    I haven't seen anyone here admit to losing? In fact, I haven't seen it on any forum I go to. In fact, I've been playing poker for 14 years, I've yet to meet a single person who isn't beating the game handily.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

I haven't seen anyone here admit to losing? In fact, I haven't seen it on any forum I go to. In fact, I've been playing poker for 14 years, I've yet to meet a single person who isn't beating the game handily.
    oh come on, people do admit to losing. however, it isnt really losing b/c the loss is always followed by a chase, and the chase is always successful.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    oh come on, people do admit to losing. however, it isnt really losing b/c the loss is always followed by a chase, and the chase is always successful.
    Yes, I should clarify, people admit to losing a bet here and there. But everyone is winning long term. Probably due to the superb bankroll management guidelines you specified.

proposition joe

Yes, I should clarify, people admit to losing a bet here and there. But everyone is winning long term. Probably due to the superb bankroll management guidelines you specified.
    I didn't catch the sarcasm earlier. I agree about this. I usually assume people are lying when they claim to have made bets that they never mentioned beforehand

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Mark "The Cvnt" Hunt and Cheick "The Geek" Kongo

Yeah, pretty baked.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Mark "The Cvnt" Hunt and Cheick "The Geek" Kongo

Yeah, pretty baked.
    It's Check... as in Cup Cheick... not Cheek.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    It's Check... as in Cup Cheick... not Cheek.
    Yeah, I've heard Rogan and Goldberg pronounce it enough times to know, but for the sake of that post, it was "cheek" lol

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

ha Terrible banter