SharpBoxing
    SharpBoxing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5521

FAO MMA experts

Is it worth betting €162 on Overeem to win €100?

I have never seen a Lesnar or Overeem mma fight. Dont know much about MMA.

But Lesnar hasnt fought in over a year, his last fight was a loss, he is 34 years old and he had a serious illnes not too long ago. I think the odds are way off because Lesnar was a superstar in the UFC and people still have hope for him.

So is it worth making a straight bet on Overeem?

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Yes.

varkolek
    varkolek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2430

Mebbe not. Lesnar is too crazy to bet on as he doesn't like to get hit, and Bas Rutten was saying recently neither did Overeem when he started training. He used to turn his back, and has done that in actual fights earlier in his career, most notably against Kharitonov.

Overeem is extremely strong, but it's difficult to say how his takedown defence is seeing that he's never fought a wrestler like Brock. They are both freaks and too weird to bet on.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Lesnar has had serious illness, but one could argue that Overeem also has issues going in to this fight. He has a less than amicable split from his main camp, he's had to go back to Holland and have some of his camp in his home town because his mother has cancer.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpBoxing View Post
    Is it worth betting €162 on Overeem to win €100?

But Lesnar hasnt fought in over a year, his last fight was a loss, he is 34 years old and he had a serious illnes not too long ago. I think the odds are way off because Lesnar was a superstar in the UFC and people still have hope for him.

So is it worth making a straight bet on Overeem?
    And I personally dont see any point in playin Overeem straight up at -162 when u can get him inside the distance at -130 or something like that

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Lesnar will be one of my biggest bets that night. I believe that he has a significant advantage in this fight.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Lesnar here, but there is no way anyone in their right mind with any sort of gambling knowledge would even consider betting Overeem at -162. Get a half decent book and get decent line. There are over 50 books that have a better price on Overeem. Just because the reem has more muscles than a seafood platter doesn't mean you should have pay for the damn seafood platter every time you bet on him.

hubster
    hubster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 202

I wouldn't bet on Overeem unless it was even money. I would be to worried about Lesnar's wrestling.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Betting either side of this fight is risky. They both have huge knockout power and the ability to deliver it. Brock can GnP his way to victory. Overeem can knee his head into the stadium. One of them could get submitted by the other. Too many variables. This isn't the best fight for capping. I really don't know who to favor.

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

This is the prototype of the kind of fight you don't bet on at all. Get your money on earlier fights and sit back and enjoy the freakshow.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Depends how u look at it. I personally think the chances of it going the distance are extremely low, so have bet Lesnar inside distance at +161 and +175, and can also bet Overeem either straight up at -137.5 or inside distance at better than tht. Also you can play fight to end in first or less than 2 rounds or something so u dont necessarily have to bet on either fighter in particular. So I wouldnt necessarily say this is a fight to avoid betting on, even if I totally agree that its very hard to call and a lot of variables involved

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by dww123 View Post
    This is the prototype of the kind of fight you don't bet on at all. Get your money on earlier fights and sit back and enjoy the freakshow.
    Why is that? Getting a guy at plus 145 who has a HUGE wrestling advantage against a guy who can only win this fight on the feet is a good bet no matter how freaky looking said fighters may be

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by proposition joe View Post
    Why is that? Getting a guy at plus 145 who has a HUGE wrestling advantage against a guy who can only win this fight on the feet is a good bet no matter how freaky looking said fighters may be
    Why do you think Overeem can only win the fight on his feet? You do know he has some great submissions right? Don't count out a guillotine, kimura, leg lock, etc. Brocks easy takedowns and wins have been over smaller HW's with the exception of Carwin who we all know had an adrenaline dump which led to his loss. That and the ref somewhat gifted him the 2nd round as it could have easily been stopped. I can't knock anyone for taking Brock at +150 or so... but I think Alistair takes out Brock in the same fashion he took out Duffee. Brocks continuing health problems and layoff seal the deal on my bet.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

This might be a good reason to not bet.

anyways -160 is retarded, this is a 50/50 fight, period.

SharpBoxing

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    This might be a good reason to not bet.

anyways -160 is retarded, this is a 50/50 fight, period.
    I may not know anything about MMA but I know allot about the fight game.

A 35 year old fighter who had a serious illnes and who has been inactive for a year just doesnt stand much of a chance.

Also Lesnar has 7 mma fights and 2 of them he lost incuding his last fight. On paper this is everything but a 50/50 fight.

Seems Lesnar is being used as a stepping stone for Overeem.

But I will take everything you guys said into consideration

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I may not know anything about MMA but I know allot about the fight game.

A 35 year old fighter who had a serious illnes and who has been inactive for a year just doesnt stand much of a chance.

Also Lesnar has 7 mma fights and 2 of them he lost incuding his last fight. On paper this is everything but a 50/50 fight.

But I will take everything you guys said into consideration
    Yeah but Dana White has a boner for Lesnar, if anything he'll be wanting Lesnar to win

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

I guess it's just the way you bet. I tend to be more selective and only make a couple of bets per card. I don't think to0 highly of Overeem but i would take him in this fight over Lesnar. I think Lesnar will get TD's in the first round but they cost him his stamina. Didn't he look winded against Cain before the beating began? Lesnar has no stand up to speak of so his shots aren't set up, which means they require even more energy. I see Brock winning the first round but then getting tagged, turtling up and getting TKO'd in the second.

v1y

I know allot about the fight game.

Talk about two completely inconsistent statements.

Neither guy is being used as a stepping stone for the other. This is a fight that contextually makes a lot of sense, and the UFC will be happy regardless of who wins. On paper, it's very evenly matched.

SharpBoxing

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    Talk about two completely inconsistent statements.

Neither guy is being used as a stepping stone for the other. This is a fight that contextually makes a lot of sense, and the UFC will be happy regardless of who wins. On paper, it's very evenly matched.
    Well I dont know how the UFC works, but wouldnt it make more sense if Lesnar got a tune up fight first after a year lay off?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Well I dont know how the UFC works, but wouldnt it make more sense if Lesnar got a tune up fight first after a year lay off?
    Well that's the beauty of the UFC and partly why I think Dana White is good for the UFC...majority of the time they prioritize exciting fights over fights that "make sense" to build up or tune up a fighter. For instance, it also might not make sense to put Poirier against Koch - two young exciting prospects, but the UFC have done it because it's a fight that is exciting and very tough to call either way

SharpBoxing

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Well that's the beauty of the UFC and partly why I think Dana White is good for the UFC...majority of the time they prioritize exciting fights over fights that "make sense" to build up or tune up a fighter. For instance, it also might not make sense to put Poirier against Koch - two young exciting prospects, but the UFC have done it because it's a fight that is exciting and very tough to call either way
    In that case the UFC beats boxing in matchmaking.

Im probably not gonna bet and just enjoy the fight. See if I can become an mma fan

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

In that case the UFC beats boxing in matchmaking.

Im probably not gonna bet and just enjoy the fight. See if I can become an mma fan
    Suggest u make sure that you watch Cerrone vs Nate Diaz just before Lesnar/OVereem if you want to become a fan of MMA!

SharpBoxing

Suggest u make sure that you watch Cerrone vs Nate Diaz just before Lesnar/OVereem if you want to become a fan of MMA!
    Aight thanks

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

the reem promised to finish it before the 3rd. I'm gonna hold him to his word.

v1y

Uhh... the UFC doesn't do tune up fights, that's why it's great. There are never any easy fights for anyone.

The biggest mismatch of the year was Ortiz vs Bader and ortiz pulled it off.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

BOXING IS A COMPLETE JOKE

mma on the other hand is the most exciting sport around

Teamprofit101
    Gmail
    Teamprofit101's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't wait for this fight....I think Cerrone wins by TKO

Teamprofit101
    Gmail

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    BOXING IS A COMPLETE JOKE mma on the other hand is the most exciting sport around

I like boxing I enjoy the fights but I find MMA to be more exciting. There's more than one way to end a fight, so it's not as predictable. Anybody can win because styles make fights.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamprofit101 View Post
    I can't wait for this fight....I think Cerrone wins by TKO
    Yeah should be awesome, just hope it's not anti-climatic but cant see how it could be! I cant see Cerrone by TKO happening, but you never know!

Teamprofit101
    Gmail

Yeah should be awesome, just hope it's not anti-climatic but cant see how it could be! I cant see Cerrone by TKO happening, but you never know!
    My reason...

Cerrone lately has been very lethal with his strikes and accurate. I haven't seen him have trouble with strikers. Maybe with wrestlers but nate is no wrestler. Cerrone also had some good jui jitsu so I think this area with cancel out during the fight. I see it as a striking match and I believe Cerrone is the better striker(My personal opinion, many people my think differently)

Either way, awesome fight....there is no way this fight is all hype.

SharpBoxing

Aight **** it im gonna make some plays on this ufc card. I love gambling too much to let this pass

I purchased this card on UFC.TV and a 6 month subscribtion to watch all the former UFC fights available in their library. So I have been watching a shit load of UFC fights for the past couple of days. Going to post my picks tomorow.

SharpBoxing

I bought the card but didnt watch it. I tought it was tonight.

Gonna watch it now. Seems like allot of underdogs won