ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Amir khan upset!

Great fuking fight. Peterson from homeless to champion as a 10 to 1 dog over the overhyped amir khan.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

wow. Seems to be a little controversy about the scoring. Khan is a fukkin fighter, you gotta admit that. Dude is in quality quality fights and goes hard. Something that can't be said for a lot of these jokers. Good to see Petersen is already saying he would go to England for the rematch.

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10716

Don't think Khan is getting that Mayweather fight now...nor should he have ever lol

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33428

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    wow. Seems to be a little controversy about the scoring. Khan is a fukkin fighter, you gotta admit that. Dude is in quality quality fights and goes hard. Something that can't be said for a lot of these jokers. Good to see Petersen is already saying he would go to England for the rematch.
    I didn't see the fight (I watched Lemieux vs. Alcine instead), but from what I've read on boxing forums the scoring was completely within reason. Many people thought the ref was overzealous about taking points away from Khan, but Khan was warned and judges have to incorporate those lost points into their scorecards.

This fight elevates both L Pete and Tim Bradley, who dominated Peterson.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

In before Bobby Heenan tells you you're wrong and that it wasn't a good fight and Peterson shouldn't have been a 10:1 dog.

SharpBoxing
    SharpBoxing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5521

I watched the fight again and Peterson deserved the win. If they fight again I would consider putting money on Peterson stopping Khan

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

Good Fight. I wished i paid more attention to it, i was to drunk. If Khan hadnt gotten a point taken away, it maybe a diff story

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

There was boxing last night? I was too busy watching the best fighter in the world

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33428

Quote Originally Posted by Pabinator View Post
    There was boxing last night? I was too busy watching the best fighter in the world
    John Cena was wrestling last night?

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
    In before Bobby Heenan tells you you're wrong and that it wasn't a good fight and Peterson shouldn't have been a 10:1 dog.
    seriously guy stfu...sorry you cant stand that i had to shut some retard down who insisted floyd was hurt by victor ortiz and was making a big deal because floyd didnt hurt ortiz..............peterson definitley should have been 10-1...cause he still isnt in khans class.....but this is what happens when you go to defend your title in the other guys hometown.....ballsy/stupid....peterson would probably get shutout in a rematch in england

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post

seriously guy stfu...sorry you cant stand that i had to shut some retard down who insisted floyd was hurt by victor ortiz and was making a big deal because floyd didnt hurt ortiz..............peterson definitley should have been 10-1...cause he still isnt in khans class.....but this is what happens when you go to defend your title in the other guys hometown.....ballsy/stupid....peterson would probably get shutout in a rematch in england
    I honestly need to rewatch the fight and score round by round... all I know is it was close but was expecting khan to get the deicision. (As a boxing fan you get used to the stars/draws of the sport to get anything close.)

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    I honestly need to rewatch the fight and score round by round... all I know is it was close but was expecting khan to get the deicision. (As a boxing fan you get used to the stars/draws of the sport to get anything close.)
    absolutely...but its tough when yer the big star and yer going to the other guys hometown to defend your title....its pretty stupid but khan probably never imagined hed be in any trouble

and i could probably benefit from rewatching as i was pretty drunk....n i kinda hate khan...but he has just amazing gifts....but he doesnt know how to fight inside....

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

I had it 7 to 5 with 3 rounds that could've gone either way. Gave Khan 2 of them. Judges may have liked the body work Peterson put in. If I'm Peterson, no way to I give a rematch in UK. He will have to literally kill Khan to get a win.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

I guarantee Khan will be pissing blood for a week. He took a lot of tough shots to kidney area.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    I guarantee Khan will be pissing blood for a week. He took a lot of tough shots to kidney area.
    yeah...the guy doesnt know how to fight on the inside...once someone gets inside on him he just covers up with the gloves as earmuffs and takes multiple powershots to the body and looping hooks around the guard to the head.....he should be able to outclass a guy like peterson but because of his lack of an inside game peterson gets free shots and its not a good look...khan thinks hes blocking most of the shots and none of them are real clean so its not a big deal.....but it cost him last night

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    yeah...the guy doesnt know how to fight on the inside...once someone gets inside on him he just covers up with the gloves as earmuffs and takes multiple powershots to the body and looping hooks around the guard to the head.....he should be able to outclass a guy like peterson but because of his lack of an inside game peterson gets free shots and its not a good look...khan thinks hes blocking most of the shots and none of them are real clean so its not a big deal.....but it cost him last night
    You never cleanly block a body shot. Arms may catch the shot but they make your arms real heavy after a few rounds.

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

i don't peterson hits hard enough to make a guy piss blood

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Great fuking fight. Peterson from homeless to champion as a 10 to 1 dog over the overhyped amir khan.
    How big an airbet did you have

racistrapist
    racistrapist's Avatar Become A Pro!

by "upset" you mean "robbed" by the ref and judges right?

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by racistrapist View Post
    by "upset" you mean "robbed" by the ref and judges right?
    Marquez was robbed. This was a close fight that could have gone either way.

racistrapist

Marquez was robbed. This was a close fight that could have gone either way.
    I'm happy for you ....you probably won a little $, but to have 2 points taken away for "pushing" when peterson was coming in with his head down and attempting to headbutt him, and then to have that be the difference in the fight, is absurd.

Lampley and Kellerman were denied by the local commission an interview with the referee. Your sport is fixed...remember that Paul Williams fight earlier? Or how about the Pacman fight you just mentioned...I didn't bet the fight but that was BS

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I'm glad Khan got beat. Guy has definitely been overrated.

racistrapist

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    He'd still beat Pacquiao

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by racistrapist View Post

I'm happy for you ....you probably won a little $, but to have 2 points taken away for "pushing" when peterson was coming in with his head down and attempting to headbutt him, and then to have that be the difference in the fight, is absurd.

Lampley and Kellerman were denied by the local commission an interview with the referee. Your sport is fixed...remember that Paul Williams fight earlier? Or how about the Pacman fight you just mentioned...I didn't bet the fight but that was BS
    The majority of sporting events are rigged. It's a moneygrab. And no I did not win any money on this fight.. I just like boxing.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

boxing is a complete joke

racistrapist

The majority of sporting events are rigged.
    you're a moron...no they're not

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
    i don't peterson hits hard enough to make a guy piss blood
    You take 50 clean hard shots to kidney area from anyone and you will piss blood. Khan took well more than 50.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

The majority of sporting events are rigged. It's a moneygrab. And no I did not win any money on this fight.. I just like boxing.
    Patty is a true Pioneer in the boxing community on SBR.

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post

Patty is a true Pioneer in the boxing community on SBR.
    No mames leroy.

hecameup
    hecameup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Peter has no left jab or hook. Also near the end of the fight his punches lacked power. Khan was hitting Peterson with multiple punches but unfortunately none that had any damage.

Freddy roach advised Khan to go with the upppercut later into the fight and it seemed to work. Why khan stopped going with it... I have no idea lol

Petersons corner lacks strategy. It was funny really.

Strange fight... it really was.

meckis
    meckis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8041

It was huge upset, rematch should be even more interesting

Umad Brasiek
    Umad Brasiek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Agreed.

I'm from the UK and he hype he gets over here is ridiculous.

ApricotSinner32

He needs someone to teach him defense. Guy can not block a punch to save his life.Also seemed to lack the ability to adapt.