will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Was thinking about Bisping..

He's a great boxer but he's a notch below the elite and he knows it. He got outfought in the 1st round .I like Bisping but he kept gestering for the referee to let them get on their feet when their was little action and he was on the bottom.

Now if he was a real fighter, he wouldn't be gestering shit. Fight your way out of the bottom yourself. I think that his ego has gotten to him. Sometimes he seems like a real good guy but he let's the hype of the situation take hold of him and seems arrogant. Any thoughts?

Ultimately he seems like a good dude. He's a work in progress. I definitely am impressed with his cardio and boxing ability but he's a work in progress.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

he is the roy nelson of the middle weights. He has no chance to beat the best, but he is good enough to fight the middle of the pack fighters.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    He's a great boxer but he's a notch below the elite and he knows it. He got outfought in the 1st round .I like Bisping but he kept gestering for the referee to let them get on their feet when their was little action and he was on the bottom.

Now if he was a real fighter, he wouldn't be gestering shit. Fight your way out of the bottom yourself. I think that his ego has gotten to him. Sometimes he seems like a real good guy but he let's the hype of the situation take hold of him and seems arrogant. Any thoughts?

Ultimately he seems like a good dude. He's a work in progress. I definitely am impressed with his cardio and boxing ability but he's a work in progress.
    I'm not impressed with his cardio. He was bending over and taking deep breaths at the end of round 1. He was gassed, too... but his cardio held up better in round 2 while Miller's plummeted.
    Last edited by gabe; 12-05-11 at 12:03 AM.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post

I'm not impressed with his cardio. He was bending over and taking deep breaths at the end of round 1. He was gassed, too... but his cardio held up better than in round 2 while Miller's plummeted.

Fighters need to get smarter with their training and preperation. They're overtraining, they go catabolic trying to cut weight, the over-dehydrate themselves trying to cut... and end up being half of their potential in the ring.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post

Fighters need to get smarter with their training and preperation. They're overtraining, they go catabolic trying to cut weight, the over-dehydrate themselves trying to cut... and end up being half of their potential in the ring.
    I thought Mayhem is a guy who puts a lot of attention to nutrition and his cardio. I honestly felt confident that he would go all 5 rounds and still be ready for more.

It all makes total sense that he lost. He couldn't beat a smaller guy in Jake Shields, he didn't stand a chance against Bisping. The ONLY reason I didn't go all-in on Bisping is 'cos I've become a big Mayhem fan over the past year or so, ever since he first went on the Rogan podcast. I just really wanted to see him succeed so bad that I went against my gut. I don't know why I had to bet on him and couldn't just watch the fight and root for him. I have problems. I really need to learn to stick to my picks only and not bet on the other fights on the card.

TheCalculator

I thought Mayhem is a guy who puts a lot of attention to nutrition and his cardio. I honestly felt confident that he would go all 5 rounds and still be ready for more.
    I thought the same. I've been a trainer for almost 20 years and I can tell you that when your body goes catabolic (muscle-wasting mode) -- cardio go out the window. You feel like you're in a walking nightmare and you lose all life force. It's a horrible feeling. And for some of these guys to make weight... that's where they end up due to overtraining (too much volume) -- they lose a TON of muscle, strength, energy and vitality. And they don't bounce back in time for the fight. I should of listened to my gut when I saw Miller at the weigh-ins. Anyone who loses that much muscle mass is going to be in trouble come the deeper rounds.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I thought the same. I've been a trainer for almost 20 years and I can tell you that when your body goes catabolic (muscle-wasting mode) -- cardio go out the window. You feel like you're in a walking nightmare and you lose all life force. It's a horrible feeling. And for some of these guys to make weight... that's where they end up due to overtraining (too much volume) -- they lose a TON of muscle, strength, energy and vitality. And they don't bounce back in time for the fight. I should of listened to my gut when I saw Miller at the weigh-ins. Anyone who loses that much muscle mass is going to be in trouble come the deeper rounds.
    I didn't notice anything about him off physically at the weigh-ins, but then again I'm nowhere close to being a personal trainer. lol- Wish I had read someone mention that. In interviews leading up to the fight, Miller was talkin about how easy the weight cut is going for him. I was under the impression that he had a great diet and was cutting weight in a very healthy way. He was too misleading.

hubster
    hubster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 202

Calculator, what kind of trainer are you if you don't mind me asking?

TheCalculator

Quote Originally Posted by hubster View Post
    Calculator, what kind of trainer are you if you don't mind me asking?
    Mostly dealing with people who want to lose weight or build muscle. I've actually written a few natural bodybuilding books. I have worked with a few pro athletes (NHL, Kickboxing champion). Also started training MMA/hand-to-hand combat 15 years ago.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Would love to see Bisping against Anderson...he'd be so out of his depth!

Huh
    Huh's Avatar Become A Pro!

if he wasn't from the UK, you would have never heard of him

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Huh View Post
    if he wasn't from the UK, you would have never heard of him
    Not really, he won the the Ultimate Fighter - doesn't matter if you are English, Peruvian or Papua New Guinean, if you win that you are going to be pushed

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I think I'm Bisping's only American fan..lol. I'm not sure why except maybe he gets all he can out of his limited ability and I always find 1 underdog to root for in the UF show. I agree that he's probably never going to be any threat to the top guys but he's great for gambling. HE'S PREDICTABLE!! I would like to see him fight Hendo again. Hendo has to age at some point? You could tell Bisping overtrained and was too skinny that night. Sonnen would kill him though and probably Shogun too.

Mr Handicapable

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Would love to see Bisping against Anderson...he'd be so out of his depth!

Who isn't? Sonnen I guess if he passes the drug test. GSP is too French and will never fight him. GSP walks around at 190 and a real competitor would want to take a shot at the best.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Who isn't? Sonnen I guess if he passes the drug test. GSP is too French and will never fight him. GSP walks around at 190 and a real competitor would want to take a shot at the best.
    GSP is a liar who says he walks around at 175 and would drop to 155 before going up to 185. What a BS artist, man. Him and his coach.

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

GSP is a liar who says he walks around at 175 and would drop to 155 before going up to 185. What a BS artist, man. Him and his coach.
    Its hard to blame him. I'm yet to hear any valid arguments for GSP standing a chance against Andy and I'm pretty sure that GSP realizes this. He shouldn't take the fight and if I was Zahabi or Jackson I would tell him the same thing.

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Not really, he won the the Ultimate Fighter - doesn't matter if you are English, Peruvian or Papua New Guinean, if you win that you are going to be pushed
    It's a push for a while, but there is no doubt he gets additional hype because of the UK market. How many past winners of TUF are long forgotten?

There is no doubt that Bisping gets fed a lot of lesser ranked fighters. Any of his big opponents crushed him.

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Quote Originally Posted by proposition joe View Post
    Its hard to blame him. I'm yet to hear any valid arguments for GSP standing a chance against Andy and I'm pretty sure that GSP realizes this. He shouldn't take the fight and if I was Zahabi or Jackson I would tell him the same thing.
    Yeah. Great wrestling stands no chance against Silva.

proposition joe

[quote=kmdubya;12650575]
    Yeah. Great wrestling stands no chance against Silva.[/quote

Silva hater or GSP nuthugger? Both?

proposition joe

Quote Originally Posted by kmdubya View Post
    It's a push for a while, but there is no doubt he gets additional hype because of the UK market. How many past winners of TUF are long forgotten?

There is no doubt that Bisping gets fed a lot of lesser ranked fighters. Any of his big opponents crushed him.
    How many past winners only have losses to former champions?

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

How many past winners only have losses to former champions?
    evans, bader, and nelson (assuming you don't count nelson's pre-ufc losses).

proposition joe

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    evans, bader, and nelson (assuming you don't count nelson's pre-ufc losses).

Rhetorical question. My point was that Bisping has a great resume. Its hard to argue against that.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by kmdubya View Post

Not many at all! Joe Daddy, Kendall Grove, Lutter, Escudero, Wilks but they got cut because they lost to fighters that were deemed to be at a similar level. The guys Bisping has beaten might not be in top tier but they certainly aren't cans! And any of his big opponents crushed him? One fighter in Dan Henderson isn't a large sample to refer to! Unless you think that the Wanderlei, Evans and Hamill fights were not close?

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

It seems that Dana is trying "to ease" the way of Bisping to fight for the belt, is the only explanation for the opponents he has faced. Dana and everybody knows that once Sonnen or Belfort cross his way, the party is over!

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I think Leben is the only note-worthy opponent Bisping has beat, and even then, it's eh. Leben lost to Brian Stann, too. I think Stann vs Bisping would be a good match.

proposition joe

I think Leben is the only note-worthy opponent Bisping has beat, and even then, it's eh. Leben lost to Brian Stann, too. I think Stann vs Bisping would be a good match.
    Dan Miller, Akiyama, Mayhem are not cans. Leben is far from a can. Bisping would almost undoubtedly lose to the Sonnens and Belforts and Okamis and Munozes but he has as good of a resume as anyone. His wins are better than those of Belcher, Palhares, Weidman, Boetsch even though I think he loses to most of those type of guys. He deserves credit for being an above average fighter. Would he get as much love if he wasn't from the UK? Hell no. But he wouldn't get as much hate either. Look at all of the guys who come in and go 1-2 then get sent back to the Tachis and Shark Fights of the world. Bisping has proven that he is a main-card level staple of the UFC and that deserves respect. Not being elite doesn't make someone below average.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Dan Miller, Akiyama, Mayhem are not cans. Leben is far from a can. Bisping would almost undoubtedly lose to the Sonnens and Belforts and Okamis and Munozes but he has as good of a resume as anyone. His wins are better than those of Belcher, Palhares, Weidman, Boetsch even though I think he loses to most of those type of guys. He deserves credit for being an above average fighter. Would he get as much love if he wasn't from the UK? Hell no. But he wouldn't get as much hate either. Look at all of the guys who come in and go 1-2 then get sent back to the Tachis and Shark Fights of the world. Bisping has proven that he is a main-card level staple of the UFC and that deserves respect. Not being elite doesn't make someone below average.

Mr Handicapable

I have to go back to yesterday on this one. I've heard GSP say he wants to be the best pound4pound in the world....I guess that means a 190 lb guy (thats the worlds best at cutting weight) fighting natural 170 lb. guys. Yeah he would prob lose to Spider but would Buster Douglas have ever got his 15 minutes of fame (and millions) if he didn't shock Tyson? Hell Bisping prob wouldn't survive a minute but he wants Anderson.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Akiyama and Mayhem are not note-worthy wins. Mayhem COULD OF been, but he didn't show up for the fight.

I agree with everything else.

hubster
    hubster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 202

GSP stands a chance with his wrestling as someone above mentioned. I would still pick silva over him but he does have a shot.