Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Gotta give props to Margarito..

I had my money on Cotto tonight but you have to give props to Margarito, he's got heart and fights till death if he had to..

was good fight.. Boxing needed this tonight

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Horrible ending to be honest. Margarito is a warrior though.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

he got heart of a mexican and the stoppage was necessary or else he'll lose his eye in coming years.

Monitor-Tan

Yea definitely, but atleast it didn't have any "bs" this time, I mean there have been too many "bs" in boxing the last few fights this was a good one and just seeing Margarito wanting to fight till death and Cotto just going all the way was a good fight. Doctors had to stop that fight no doubt about that

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

His eye wasn't that damaged. It was closed shut but that was from swelling. The type of bad eye injuries are when there's cuts in the corners of the eye's or the eyelids. Poor stoppage.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Very poor stoppage. Came in hating Margarito, but more of a fan of his than Cotto after this fight.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I agree poor stoppage. Fight wasn't over we know cotto has had stamina problems in the past. Margo still had a small chance to win. I had a feeling they were going to be very cautious with margo's eye situation and stop it if anything looks iffy as we know the texas commission let margo get pounded for now reason for 12 rounds vs pac.

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

marg was going to lose a decision anyway, i wasn't pissed by the stoppage. Cant have the guy going blind.

Monitor-Tan

Just good to see some heart from a fighter, instead of flopping or bs and gettign robbed and what not, I though overall was a good fight. Stopping the fight i think is a coinflip, Margarito has the Stamina for sure but he would've needed a K.O to win that fight. I thought it was a good stop and let Margarito heal and train and I'll be glad to see him on the next fight. This fight was a good test for his eye. As Apricot said I agree they were being cautious more then anythign else.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

like i said in the other thread.....there wasnt anything that was gonna happen in the last 3 rounds that was gonna be different than what happened in the first 9.....cotto was going to fade and he was executing the game plan perfectly and he wasnt afraid of anything that was being thrown at him

they had to jump through hoops to get licensed because of that eye....so they knew it was going to be watched by the doctor all night....real close...they wanted to fight 12 rounds? they should have taught tony how to defend himself and stop it get from getting tagged

im glad everyone wants to praise this classless jerkoff for being a little tough.....thats the only attribute he has....he has no boxing skills at all....terrible punches....no defense....the feet of drew bledsoe.....hes garbage.....

Jacobi
    Jacobi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cotto is an intelligent fighter.