Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 271

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse4tw View Post
    terrible ending there....cena needs to make a turn at wrestlemania..its time for him to go heel.
    I agree. I would love to see something similar to when Savage turned on Hogan before Wrestlemania 5. As long as Cena sells merchandise though, it might be a pipe dream.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Great Card, Love Punk but hate his submission move. A GTS to beat Del Rio wld have been awesome. But cant be greedy. Raw should be great tonight

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I agree. I would love to see something similar to when Savage turned on Hogan before Wrestlemania 5. As long as Cena sells merchandise though, it might be a pipe dream.
    Time for Cena to turn heel
    BY MIKE MOONEYHAM

It’s not exactly a one-man show, but most fans would have to agree that tonight’s Survivor Series pay-per-view is built around the ring return of The Rock.

Or, more specifically, the relationship and interaction between The Rock and John Cena as they build toward their epic tilt at next year’s Wrestlemania.

Count me among those who strongly believe that there has to be something more than comedy and catch phrases to put this eventual showdown over the top.

To that end, though, one of the two combatants will have to turn heel. With The Rock having long reached iconic status, and the Mania headliner taking place in his backyard of Miami, it may finally be time to do something that WWE has long been unwilling to do.

And that’s turn John Cena heel.

Cena has been the company’s top star and merchandise seller for the past several years, and WWE has rightfully been reluctant to jeopardize that. But if there was ever a time to do it, that time is now and it’s against The Rock.

It could be a slow turn, as has been subtly suggested in recent weeks, or it could happen as soon as tonight’s Survivor Series main event where Cena teams with The Rock against The Miz and R-Truth. The dream team’s opponents are, of course, just a backdrop for the bout.

Detractors argue, not without merit, that a Cena turn could be damaging to the long-term future of WWE. Cena, regarded by many as the hardest-working man in wrestling, is a tremendous company spokesman who is giving of his time and talents. He has been recognized by the Make-A-Wish Foundation for being one of the biggest celebrity wish-granters.

But a turn at this point in Cena’s career could make for a dream storyline with a huge payoff.

The turn wouldn’t have to, nor should it be, a long-term one. Just long enough to ride out Wrestlemania. Cena’s sappy style, popular with the younger set but a turnoff to the older audience, could surely win back his faithful following after box-office records are set for the Miami Mania.

Nearly 45,000 tickets already have been sold, and the show could gross a record-setting $9 million when all is said and done. Opening-weekend numbers of $6.3 million have already surpassed last year’s Westlemania in Atlanta, WWE’s second-biggest gate in history, which took in $6.28 million.

Miami’s Sun Life Stadium seats 75,192 fans for football, and even more for wrestling, so it could be a challenge for WWE to fill the venue.

Putting some big-time heat on the Cena-Rock clash would assure it.

stevenash

Rumor has it John Morrison is done with WWE.
    His contract is up next week, word is next Monday will be JM's last RAW and he will go to Jarrett's company at TNA.

But why give a big paycheck to JM in a PPV title bout? Unless it's to job for Ziggler?
    But why would Vince have JM put over for Ziggler in Survivor if he's not getting a new contract?

Then again though, why did WWE pull Morrison from the Japan tour in December?

I like JM, tons of talent, but he is what he is, a mid card star, but mid card stars a dime a dozen

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Morrison v Austin Aries Matches are going to be great in tna. I see him being the X div champ in no time

stevenash

^
    I just wish Jarrett brothers would get away from the old timers and showcase the kids.
    They have great talent.
    Matt Morgan lives up the block from me in Fairfield Ct. here.
    Styles is as good as anybody in the WWE
    Daniels, RVD.......................

TNA was great with the hexagon ring

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Rumor has it John Morrison is done with WWE.
    His contract is up next week, word is next Monday will be JM's last RAW and he will go to Jarrett's company at TNA.

But why give a big paycheck to JM in a PPV title bout? Unless it's to job for Ziggler?
    But why would Vince have JM put over for Ziggler in Survivor if he's not getting a new contract?

Then again though, why did WWE pull Morrison from the Japan tour in December?

I like JM, tons of talent, but he is what he is, a mid card star, but mid card stars a dime a dozen
    I went to Survivor Series. Fans were all against Morrison. He's not a talker and in this business, you have to be. Everyone's favorite was Zack Ryder. They were chanting his name for 2 hours straight.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

In person, C.M. Punk was by far the best wrestler-entertainer there.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

I just saw the PPV off a torrent and I was very impress with The Rock's new wrestling skills. For being gone at 7 years, I thought the Rock was just gonna show case the Rock Bottom and People's Elbow for a pop. The Rock knew what he was doing and really buried Cena as most were chatting "you can't wrestle" when Cena got tagged in for the first time.

What is the update on Sin Cara? Did he seriously get injured?

As for JoMo, I don't think he wants to be in the WWE anymore since Melina is gone too. Most likely they both head over to TNA.

First 12