Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

He's probably referring to Semtex dropping him.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    He's probably referring to Semtex dropping him.
    Yes. Daley 'caught' him with a left hook and dropped him. Inaddition, Diaz doesn't check leg kicks. Condit throws alot if kicks and will be able to keep a good distance from nick. Neither have strong wrestling but I would give the edge to nick. I have 3 on nick

I would like to see cyborg vs nick again
    Diaz skill wise should be able to outbox confit and wear on him with the body strikes but I would not be completely surprised if a close in elbow, left hook, or crazy kick puts nick lights out

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Condit might reach +200 by fight time the way the line is headed. Curious to see how this fight plays out. Let's face it guys like Penn, Daley and Cyborg had success against Diaz but faded quick. Condit being the same size and decent cardio will be an interesting fight

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yeah I'd be all over Condit at +200! As you say, the opponents Diaz has faced over past couple of years are not that impressive and all aren't known for being anywhere near as resilient or as well conditioned as Condit. The difference in level of Condit's previous 5 opponents in comparison to Diaz's last five is clear to see. He also wont have the reach advantage which he's had in most of his last few fights, which for Diaz's style is quite significant. I could definitely imagine Condit stealing a close decision then the Diaz clan complaining about all the attention Diaz got before the fight and how the Primetime show etc... effected his mental state!
    Last edited by Vaughany; 01-23-12 at 03:51 PM.

THE_LOCKSMITH

I could definitely imagine Condit stealing a close decision then the Diaz clan complaining about all the attention Diaz got before the fight and how the Primetime show etc... effected his mental state!

Beelzebubzy

I really dont see either lasting five rounds. That would be a crazy fight if it did!

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

I predict a 4th or 5th round KO. By either one.

A not so eventful and unexpected Diaz by early submission is a possible outcome.

Won't be surprised if it goes to a decision, though. This fight can go many ways, but a decision is most likely, I'd say. They're both so tough and durable.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Yeah I'd be all over Condit at +200! As you say, the opponents Diaz has faced over past couple of years are not that impressive and all aren't known for being anywhere near as resilient or as well conditioned as Condit. The difference in level of Condit's previous 5 opponents in comparison to Diaz's last five is clear to see. He also wont have the reach advantage which he's had in most of his last few fights, which for Diaz's style is quite significant. I could definitely imagine Condit stealing a close decision then the Diaz clan complaining about all the attention Diaz got before the fight and how the Primetime show etc... effected his mental state!

Thanks....I'm shocked how little this has been pointed out. One thing I see with more of a boxing background is that Diaz has a Rocky-style southpaw stance with his lead leg flat-footed instead of bouncing on his toes stick-n-move style. Condit could really tenderize that leg with his excellent kicking. Hand speed is prob close but Diaz will get there quicker with shorter punches while Condit throws more powerful looping punches. I haven't really seen Condit's chin tested that much but McDonald did nail him pretty good in those first 2 rounds. I like Condit but both men always come to fight so this could be a classic.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Thanks....I'm shocked how little this has been pointed out. One thing I see with more of a boxing background is that Diaz has a Rocky-style southpaw stance with his lead leg flat-footed instead of bouncing on his toes stick-n-move style. Condit could really tenderize that leg with his excellent kicking. Hand speed is prob close but Diaz will get there quicker with shorter punches while Condit throws more powerful looping punches. I haven't really seen Condit's chin tested that much but McDonald did nail him pretty good in those first 2 rounds. I like Condit but both men always come to fight so this could be a classic.
    Watch the Ellenberger fight to see how good Condit's recovery is from punches!... http://mma-geeks.com/2011/07/16/carl...deo-ufc-fn-19/

And as you say he took some heavy shots from Rory Mac as well and brushed them off. Also, with regards to the Rory Mac fight, Condit landed the leg kick to Rory's lead left leg numerous times, so I'm sure he'll look to do the same against Diaz as you suggest.
    All in all I find it hard to imagine Condit being finished...dudes got Frankie Egaresque/Jim Milleresque/Ben Hendersonesque chin, resilience and cardio!

THE_LOCKSMITH

almost forgot how crazy that Condit/Ellenberger 1st round was. That being said Condit's takedown defense isn't very good in his Kampmann, Ellenberger or MacDonald fights

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    almost forgot how crazy that Condit/Ellenberger 1st round was. That being said Condit's takedown defense isn't very good in his Kampmann, Ellenberger or MacDonald fights
    No it's pretty poor, apart from late on in fights where his conditioning allows him to stuff. Also, aside from being aggressive and his propensity to throw flying knees and kicks that present easy takedown opportunities when timed correctly, I think you have to consider that he is also very comfortable off his back. So comfortable that he doesn't at times even resist the take-down attempts that much. Against Ellenberger and MacDonald he barely took any damage when on his back - he actually landed more punches and elbows then they did on top and controlled them superbly with the meat hook and by looking for armbars and the kimura. The kimura is one of his go to moves and uses superbly to reverse and transition and end up on top. I'm not sure that this kind of move would be so successful against Diaz though.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

Carlos has great cardio and a fast pace, but i don't think its as great as everyone says. He outlasts his opponents...but he fades noticibly as well. He looked exhausted against hiromitsu miura and only finished him because his opponent faded even more. Also happened in the macdonald fight. His pace is his greatest tool, but he is not immune to the effects himself. He won't have the luxury of being the superior endurance athlete in this one.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Damn, Figueroa looked horrible in tht first round! To say he's a striker he wasnt very technical at all...everything looked sloppy - wild hooks and aimless kicks, and his defence was terrible. Really slow and woeful super-man punch attemt at 1min 55 left in first round. Dude's got a good chin tho!
    Any half decent striker times those sloppy hooks every time. Mcdonald was landing those short counter-rights at will in the first round.

As long as Caceres doesn't get too reckless in a scramble(which he tends to do) I think he outpoints his way to a decision. I wanna say he has chance at triangle-ing him off his back as well but Edwin looked like a mini-Bendo the way he squirming out of those triangle and armbar attempts. Still not sure how he escaped that rear naked in the second round
    Last edited by illmatick; 01-24-12 at 01:08 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yep, would love a Figueroa play hedged with Caceres by decision

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Just placed a HUGE bet on Koscheck. Line is moving already.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Jorgenson at +175? has Pegado fought a wrestler like him?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post

Just placed a HUGE bet on Koscheck. Line is moving already.
    I maxed it too, but the limit is $250, thought about hitting it on another skin, but they already hate me enough. You got a team going?

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    I maxed it too, but the limit is $250, thought about hitting it on another skin, but they already hate me enough. You got a team going?
    You're going to have to help me with the lingo. Based on me not understanding this, I assume my answer is no.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1884

Either Condit wins by TKO or Diaz wins by decision.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Koscheck will get action up to -300 to -350 range probably

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Either Condit wins by TKO or Diaz wins by decision.
    Why cant Condit win by decision?

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Ugh I really don't like these lines at all.

Beelzebubzy

Waiting for the Matt Brown line

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Waiting for the Matt Brown line
    yee buddy (shhhhhh)! Everybody bet on C-Murder! He's super dope

Beelzebubzy

Quote Originally Posted by vaughany View Post
    yee buddy (shhhhhh)! Everybody bet on c-murder! He's super dope
    woooooooo!

THE_LOCKSMITH

does this event justify a Prime Time, i doubt it does 400K buys

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    does this event justify a Prime Time, i doubt it does 400K buys
    Event might not but the fight certainly does! Gonna be a Fight of the Decade candidate

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

hope money comes in on jorgensen. was hoping barao would be around -160

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    hope money comes in on jorgensen. was hoping barao would be around -160
    I do like Barao also. I don't understand why he's such a big favorite though. He was brilliant against Pickett, but Jorgensen is no joke.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    I do like Barao also. I don't understand why he's such a big favorite though. He was brilliant against Pickett, but Jorgensen is no joke.
    first time jorgensen is a dog since his second WEC fight where he was +150

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    first time jorgensen is a dog since his second WEC fight where he was +150
    Was dog against Cruz brah

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Was dog against Cruz brah
    Do you idiots really not think he knew that he was a dog against Cruz? Everyone knows that. And he's totally seen that fight too!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Which one of you guys has been hitting Werdum?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Not hit either...if I did it would be Big Country. Don't see how Werdum can TKO/KO or sub him so only way I see him winnin his decision

First 123456 ... Last