sleung
    sleung's Avatar Become A Pro!

My GSP vs Penn Analysis

There are two major factors that will win this fight for Georges St Pierre. It will be coaching and his reach. If you are a Greg Jackson trained fighter you will come into the fight well prepared.
    Both fighters are training for this fight for difference reasons. GSP is a fighter that seeks out to become a better fighter while Penn is more arrogant and is just enhancing what he thinks is enough to win the fight. Yes Penn will be in shape for this fight but he will not be an improved fighter just one that is in shape.

He is surrounds himself with yes men that are helping to prepare for the fight but not helping him to come up with a way to fight. That is the biggest difference in this fight.

read full matchup report

http://www.fighting-mma.com/mma-matc...-st-pierre.php

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Good analysis. Imo, BJ is and will be the better striker Saturday night and BJ take down defense is one of the best in the game. Also, the only way GSP will win this fight is a decision or unless Penn gas's(which is very possible). Gsp will not be able to knock penn out and definitely will not be able to submit him(again unless penn gas's.) I am almost positive this will go 5 rounds but I am not believer in Penn conditioning. I don't think Penn has the KO power, unless he lands a perfect shot on the chin. There are way to many variables in this fight for me to bet on and its about as close as 50/50 you can get, so I will sit back in watch. Ill be rooting for penn but I think GSP takes it. BJ penn is re-dedicated to MMA and GSP is MMA. But, even with all that training, you can't find a partner anywhere to train with that is on Penn's level. Shall be a great fight.
    Last edited by brooks85; 01-26-09 at 04:23 PM.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Should be a hell of a fight. Both are world class fighters. I see GSP winning due to stoppage here, there will be no question this time who the winner is.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Ya decisions are bad enough, but for a fight like this, I really hope it doesnt go to decision, for either fighters sake.
    Last edited by brooks85; 01-27-09 at 04:17 PM.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

solid analysis

vassman86
    vassman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I think everyone knows the few ways that this fight can end: BJ Penn's best chance will come with an early TKO; early, as in within the first half of the fight, otherwise he will not be able to keep pace with GSP's athleticism. OR, GSP will win it by decision; I say this because BJ Penn is not easy to going to be easy to submit.

Nonetheless, as a betting underdog, I like my odds on BJ Penn.

sleung
    sleung's Avatar Become A Pro!

i still question BJ striking

against sherk who is not a striker he looked great, but this is a taller fighter with a longer reach and better striking