ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Boxing = figure skating (when Canadian pair was robbed) = Special Olympics

Just give everyone a gold medal.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

i was likein this kid to win it all , but i dont no now dam he took a beatin

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Anytime a fight goes to decision there are going to be people that think it should have went the other way.

Mayweather shouldn't be undefeated because he got schooled by Castillo.Castillo should have won but the politics gave Mayweather a lopsided decision.

Everyone that watched the Ruiz/Holyfield fight knows Ruiz won just about every round but again somehow Holyfield won on all 3 judges cards.

This Pac/Marquez fight reminds me of De La Hoya/Trinidad where De La Hoya dominated Trinidad for the first 3/4s of the fight only to lose the decision because he thought he had it in the bag the last 3 rounds.

mikemca
    Update Status

This is just off the top of my head so no doubt there are tons of others and the reason why boxing is on life support.

montoronto
    Update your status
    montoronto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5582

post fight pic of marquez pacman. compare it!

montoronto
    Update your status

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/simon/My%20Documents/Downloads/marquez%20face%20after%20the%20fight.jpg file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/simon/My%20Documents/Downloads/Manny-Pacquiao-beats-Juan-007.jpg

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by montoronto View Post
    file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/simon/My%20Documents/Downloads/marquez%20face%20after%20the%20fight.jpg file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/simon/My%20Documents/Downloads/Manny-Pacquiao-beats-Juan-007.jpg
    You really think linking us your C drive will work?

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

You have to do more than throw a couple of good right hands and a head butt to out point a champion. Close rounds go to the champ. Marquez has no one to blame but himself. His strategy was a good one, to just box and dance. It kept him on his feet and out of danger but it didnt put him in a position to win.

montoronto
    Update your status

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow delusional pac fans are funny

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

Marquez won the first fight by an eyelash, won the second fight by two rounds, got flat out robbed in this fight! If Pacman doesn't get to Moneymay early he will no chance! Then again if he finishes the fight he might get another bullshit decision

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Okay, Here is out I scored the fight 115-113, 7 rds to 5 Marquez . I had rd 1, rd 8 and rd 10 different than lederman. Max Kellerman after rd 1,8,and 10 said he wouldnt be suprised if those were Marquez rds after Lederman revealed his card, and I believe he is right based on how i scored the fight. Marquez was robbed.

I had Marquez winning RDS. 1-2-5-7-8-10-11 PACMAN RDS 3-4-6-9-12

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    Okay, Here is out I scored the fight 115-113, 7 rds to 5 Marquez . I had rd 1, rd 8 and rd 10 different than lederman. Max Kellerman after rd 1,8,and 10 said he wouldnt be suprised if those were Marquez rds after Lederman revealed his card, and I believe he is right based on how i scored the fight. Marquez was robbed.

I had Marquez winning RDS. 1-2-5-7-8-10-11 PACMAN RDS 3-4-6-9-12
    He wasn't robbed. His strategy was to be defensive and dance. If he was the defending champion he would of won, but he wasn't, he was the challenger and challengers lose close rounds. Hence; he lost.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

No where in the boxing rules does it say challengers loose close rounds. That is asinine. You can't just make up rules for champions on the whim when scoring rounds.

sdcharger
    sdcharger's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you'll watch the replay here after you download the HD version http://t.co/kYoSs0oZ you'll see that Pacquiao is the aggressive one. Even a pot shot looks like a good one because of his Justin Beiber hair LOL Most of Marquez punches were blocked.

spot the difference? LOL

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38325

You're a clown if you think Marquez won the match.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sdcharger

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

everyone in the boxing world says marquez won.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

He wasn't robbed. His strategy was to be defensive and dance. If he was the defending champion he would of won, but he wasn't, he was the challenger and challengers lose close rounds. Hence; he lost.
    John stick to your business of making money off of the kickbacks of losing gamblers. You clearly don't know shit about boxing.

When the first bell rings the champion/challenger "title" is thrown out the window and you score the fight based on(Round by round)

Clean punching

Effective Agression

Ring Generalship (Who controls the fight/pace)

Defense

IN THAT ORDER

You should be banned from your own forum for your comments here.

The only way you can talk that garbage you just did is if you're submitting to the fact that boxing is rigged and that the champion has an unfair advantage before the fight starts. And if you accept that its rigged thats sad.
    Points Awarded:

wikkidinsane gave ApricotSinner32 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: wikkidinsane

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

You must have seen the wrong thing. I saw Marquez pound Pacman with a lot of shots and held strong int he ring. Yes he was counter punching but that didnt mean he didn't land hard on Pacquiao and two of the hardest punches of that fight went str8 to Pacmans chin. Marquez won, bottom line.

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
    You're a clown if you think Marquez won the match.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

the charity you stiffed called.... they left you a message: "karma is a bitch."

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

floyd will take manny's lunch and maybe knock him out

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

exactly.

anyone who watched de la hoya vs. trinidad knows how boxing really works.

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post

exactly.

Go look at the nevada state professional boxing rules and find that rule for me to prove thats how it works. You can't because its not a rule.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

exactly.

we dont have to go back that far boss...

hell we can go to floyd/oscar...and laugh that oscar won a card

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Go look at the nevada state professional boxing rules and find that rule for me to prove thats how it works. You can't because its not a rule.
    scoring in boxing is subjective, you clown.

but precedence was set many times: if you're the challenger and you run in a close fight, you will lose.

ApricotSinner32

This fight was not close enough to be subjective. It was clear marquez won at least 7 rounds and thats giving manny rounds that he really never landed any punches in. You don't know shit.

ApricotSinner32

scoring in boxing is subjective, you clown.

but precedence was set many times: if you're the challenger and you run in a close fight, you will lose.

He ran?

He was using pacquiao's stupidity against him and paquiao's lack of ability to adjust.

ApricotSinner32

ApricotSinner32

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

mikemca
    Update Status

John stick to your business of making money off of the kickbacks of losing gamblers. You clearly don't know shit about boxing. When the first bell rings the champion/challenger "title" is thrown out the window and you score the fight based on(Round by round) Clean punching Effective Agression Ring Generalship (Who controls the fight/pace) Defense IN THAT ORDER You should be banned from your own forum for your comments here. The only way you can talk that garbage you just did is if you're submitting to the fact that boxing is rigged and that the champion has an unfair advantage before the fight starts. And if you accept that its rigged thats sad.

If you think 3 people can't be swayed when there is 100s of millions of $$$ on the line then you are just being naive.

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post

If you think 3 people can't be swayed when there is 100s of millions of $$$ on the line then you are just being naive.
    Trust me i know this shit was rigged.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Don't know but i think this is a really interesting article. I read it first in my subscription i get from the economist, then i searched for it online to post on here. Give it a read guys.
    http://www.economist.com/blogs/gamet...whataretheodds
    Betting in Boxing. What are the odds?
    ANNY PACQUIAO (pictured) beat Juan Manuel Márquez by a slim margin on November 12th to retain his World Boxing Organisation welterweight title. One of the three ringside judges called the fight even, while the other two scored it in favour of Mr Pacquiao by margins of eight rounds to four and seven rounds to five. The crowd at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, where the fight took place, heavily favoured Mr Márquez and booed the decision; many of those commenting on the bout also thought the Mexican had won. But however one viewed the decision, it was not surprising that the bout was another very close contest. In their first encounter in 2004, the two had fought to a draw. Four years later Mr Pacquiao won a split decision, in which one judge scored it in favour of Mr Márquez.

So why was Mr Pacquiao such a heavy betting favourite? The odds on the most popular online betting sites in Britain had Mr Pacquiao favoured by as much as 1:12, meaning a $12 bet would win just $1. The odds that Mr Márquez would win were around 9:1, and a draw was a 40:1 shot. The line in Las Vegas was similar, with Mr Pacquiao quoted at -800 (an $8 bet would win $1) and Mr Marquez at +500.

The “boxing traders” who set the odds at Paddy Power, an Irish bookmaker, considered three factors in setting favourable odds for Mr Pacquiao, according to Marc Webber, a spokesman for the company. First, Mr Pacquiao had beaten all six of the top-class fighters he had faced at or above 140 pounds (63.5kg) since his previous bout with Mr Márquez (which was at 130 pounds), whereas Mr Márquez had lost to the one opponent he’d faced at the heavier weight—although that happened to be Floyd Mayweather Jr, now seen by many as the world’s best pound-for-pound boxer. Second, Mr Pacquiao had dominated all of his fights, whereas Mr Mayweather easily handled Mr Márquez. Finally, the 38-year-old Mr Márquez is six years older than Mr Pacquiao and possibly past his prime.

Whatever the rationale, the avalanche of betting on Mr Pacquiao pushed the odds to levels that were hard to justify by their head-to-head form. “The prices looked skewed given their previous fights,” said Graham Sharpe, a spokesman for William Hill, a British bookmaker, who also writes a bet-tipping column in the Daily Express newspaper. “My fight tip was for Márquez, not because I thought he was definitely going to win, but because the prices were wrong.” As Mr Sharpe argues, the hype surrounding Mr Pacquiao had become a little hysterical. “Manny Pacquiao had acquired the reputation in the last couple of years of being as good as Muhammad Ali in his prime,” he says, “and of being able to beat opponents with one hand tied behind his back.”

As in many other sports, betting on boxing is often irrational. “Fans overvalue a fighter’s last fight,” says Richard Dwyer, a lawyer in Silicon Valley and author of book on boxing betting. “They overlook that the fight was against a different opponent with a different style. Márquez has had problems with Pacquiao’s speed and power early in fights, but once he acclimates he is able to outbox Pacquiao—the CompuBox numbers from their previous fights are revealing.”

CompuBox, a punch-counting system used widely by media outlets but not for official decisions, concluded after their first fight that “the raw numbers indicate Márquez was superior, for he out-landed Pacquiao 158-148 overall and 122-100 in power shots.” In calling it a draw, the judges must have balanced that with Mr Pacquiao’s greater precision in power punching (43% to 36%) and his superior work rate (he led by 639-547 in total punches and 408-208 in attempted jabs), as well as the fact that Mr Márquez was knocked down three times in the first round. It was a similar statistical story in their second fight, with Mr Márquez landing more shots, while Mr Pacquiao was busier and put Mr Márquez down in the third round. But despite the evidence of its own statistics, CompuBox concluded on its website before the latest fight that “Pacquiao has improved while Márquez has regressed since their second fight. The ‘Pac-Man’ is also motivated to produce an ‘erase all doubts’ performance, and against a 38-year-old Márquez he'll succeed by mid-rounds KO.” That was well off the mark.

During the course of the fight, the betting odds changed dramatically. Paddy Power suspended betting about two-thirds of the way through the fight, when odds had narrowed to 5:6 for both fighters. At William Hill, the odds of a draw narrowed from 40:1 to 10:1.

Mr Sharpe says that most big bettors put their money on Mr Pacquiao. The largest bet William Hill took was for £30,000 ($48,000) at odds of 1:9 for a Pacquiao win. That paid out just £3,333, and no doubt looked considerably riskier after the final bell. At the 5:6 mid-fight odds at Paddy Power, that wager would have won a more reasonable £25,000. In any case, William Hill says that it made a small loss on the overall bets it took on the fight, which totalled “in the mid six figures.”

Despite the protests by the Márquez camp, as well as some fans and commentators, about the injustice of the decision, Paddy Power will not be refunding any bets, as it did after the Wales-France match in the Rugby World Cup—when it gave back €80,000 ($109,000) because of what it judged to be a bad decision by the referee that led to a Wales loss. In the fight, the decision may not have been fair to Mr Márquez, but “there was no clear blue water” between them to call it an injustice, said Mr Webber.

That would seem to be borne out by the CompuBox numbers, which again showed a very close fight. But while Mr Márquez stayed upright this time and consistently connected, the data show Mr Pacquiao was again the busier overall and the more accurate power puncher of the two.

Ahead of last week’s fight, Mr Mayweather was quoted saying he had cleared a date next May for a match with an unnamed opponent. If that is with Mr Pacquiao, as fight fans have been clamouring for, it will be between the two most hyped boxers of the past decade. But after his underwhelming performance against Mr Márquez, the odds for a Pacquiao victory have moved out from 10:11 to 5:4, while Mr Mayweather’s have been cut to 4:7 from 4:5.

It does look like its just a little segment of the whole article. So I guess they are wanting people to go buy the magazine.

ApricotSinner32

First 12345 Last