Boxing put UFC to Shame tonight

Pacquiao Marquez was spectacular.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

And rigged

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I don't know that Guida Hendo fight was pretty spectacular!! Heavy weight bouts are never that exciting unless JDS is fighting Roy Nelson. That was a good fight!!

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes, and then it was overshadowed by one of the worst decisions in history. I'm a Pacquiao fan and I had Marquez winning by at least 3 rounds.

bet420
    bet420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah it was better...UFC was free and wasn't rigged

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

I don't know what the fukk you're talking about but if you think American sports fans would rather watch 12 rounds of 5'8" guys punch each other until it goes to a rigged decision over watching two heavyweights knocking each other out you're out of your fukking mind.

God bless.

The Bet Master

There is a reason one sport is growing while the other one is dying.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Quote Originally Posted by nyed1010 View Post
    yes, and then it was overshadowed by one of the worst decisions in history. I'm a Pacquiao fan and I had Marquez winning by at least 3 rounds.
    Agree, no way Pac Man won that fight, I think this has more to do with the possible Mayweather fight.
    Points Awarded:

4uk4life gave stikymess 11 SBR Point(s) for this post.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

maybe 1 fight a year, but UFC is sooo much better than boxing...at least the #1 contenders fight every month....UFC is heads above where boxing is right now

UFC is growing and growing, and boxing is on a respirator...nuff said

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

ufc is great and dor the most part puts up better shows than boxing but your ignorant to think that there are many mmay fights that are exciting like to ights fight. When you have a boxing match with two warriors going at for 36 minutes you are unable to match the excitement. Stop comparing the two different sports and give each individual fight its respect as deserved. Marquez should have won the fight, i wonder what mayweather is thinking right now. One thing is for sure on my mind Mayweather is above Pacman and will expose his weakness even more.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Not sure which is worse...a rigged boxing match...or a 45 second UFC fight that completely bombs Dana's network tv debut...yikes

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

i knew guida vs hendo was going to be fight of night. why dana left that fight off tv is beyond me. instead one minute knockout. what a waste.

trevlyn1983
    trevlyn1983's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

mma is so unpredictable .. whats makes it so good .

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

i love both sports and watch them, god bless both sports as they give excitement for fight fans.

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

mma is unpredictable? called that exact outcome. UFC blows. Boxing is legit and no way Marquez WON that fight unless you know nothing about boxing. Fight may have been a draw which in boxing means champ gets nod by a few points but Marquez never came close to "WINNING"

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

ufc is so overated , any 2 guys in the street can last longer than 1:04 , but i had the winner
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: AribaAriba

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    mma is unpredictable? called that exact outcome. UFC blows. Boxing is legit and no way Marquez WON that fight unless you know nothing about boxing. Fight may have been a draw which in boxing means champ gets nod by a few points but Marquez never came close to "WINNING"
    TG85!!! Where have u been my friend???

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

You clearly didnt see the Swanson/Lamas or Henderson/Guida fight

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I used to watch boxing religiously. The sport is fahked badly.
    I can cite at least 10 'wtf' moments in my years of watching boxing, and that's not including the Mayweather b.s. from his last fight (could be the worst thing I've ever seen in any fight). The sport is dead. It's fahked. I LOVE a good fight, but seriously, boxing is stupid and until it gets back to it's network roots and gets it's shite together, ultimate fighting is a LOT more interesting (although fights don't last long enough IMO). It's more entertaining, and you don't feel like you got a giant dildo shoved in your arse afterwords, ala boxing.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    i knew guida vs hendo was going to be fight of night. why dana left that fight off tv is beyond me. instead one minute knockout. what a waste.
    It wasn't Dana's decision. If he knew that guida-hendo would get left out he would have never put them on the card. FOX put their hand in things and messed thing up.

The international broadcast had three fights on the card and it was much better than the boring FOX broadcast.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    I used to watch boxing religiously. The sport is fahked badly. I can cite at least 10 'wtf' moments in my years of watching boxing, and that's not including the Mayweather b.s. from his last fight (could be the worst thing I've ever seen in any fight). The sport is dead. It's fahked. I LOVE a good fight, but seriously, boxing is stupid and until it gets back to it's network roots and gets it's shite together, ultimate fighting is a LOT more interesting (although fights don't last long enough IMO). It's more entertaining, and you don't feel like you got a giant dildo shoved in your arse afterwords, ala boxing.
    lol, it called mixed martial arts, and unfortunately there are many robberies in it too. Although in MMA's case I sincerely believe that 99% of them are due to shitty boxing judges who don't know anything about MMA.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by icecapper View Post
    Pacquiao Marquez was spectacular.
    You're an idiot.

And your sport is dying.

Revel in that for a minute.

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Card could have been saved if they simply put Henderson and Guida on FOX. Dana got very upset when people asked him about it in the press conference, pretty sure he know that he made the wrong call by putting that one on Facebook.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Boxing is dead

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

yes... the ufc put the two biggest heavyweights in the division on free tv. so what if it was anti-climactic. this had the potential to happen, and that's where the chips fell.

that's how mma works. there are so many ways to lose.

Scoobdog24
    Scoobdog24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3765

You just simply cannot air only 1 fight. UFC/MMA is way ahead of Boxing and one of the largest sports in the world. Fox took the wrong approach, first time viewers got the wrong impression. I very seriously doubt this will happen again.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Yeah the UFC fight was a disappointment and I would of liked to see the whole card broadcast live on FOX.

In terms of boxing I thought Marquez did enough to win, but very close fight sides with Champion. I was surprised by how terrible Manny was. If anyone watched the undercard there was some great action. Bradley dismantled Casamayor in a snoozer, but that 12th round knockout of Prescott was awesome.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

there are good arguments to be made for both sports.
    yes there are many younger american fans that watch ufc/mma and think it is much better than boxing.
    then there are many 30+ and older people (myself included) that still can't get over thinking ufc is human cockfighting and is a bit disturbing to watch. it's probably because we weren't quite as brainwashed into ultraviolence through call of duty games, constant wars of agression, etc when we were growing up.

for those of you saying ufc is already "way ahead of boxing" then please show me the last time a mma fighter got paid $20 million for a fight.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

there's room for both

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by phillybadboy View Post
    there's room for both

v1y

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Yeah the UFC fight was a disappointment and I would of liked to see the whole card broadcast live on FOX.
    You do realize the card started at 4:45 right? They aired it live on facebook, and i watched the whole thing, but there's no way the UFC would have aired the whole thing live on fox.

milwaukee mike

speaking of that, why did the card start so early? that was 2:45 local time did they not want to go up against pacquiao/marquez?

The Bet Master

I think they wanted the main event for 9 eastern. No way would they aired it against the boxing match especially since that would of been 11 eastern!

v1y

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    speaking of that, why did the card start so early? that was 2:45 local time did they not want to go up against pacquiao/marquez?
    it's possible, but they wanted it to be on primetime, 9 oclock. all ufc events are ~5 hours long.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by stikymess View Post

Agree, no way Pac Man won that fight, I think this has more to do with the possible Mayweather fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Not sure which is worse...a rigged boxing match...or a 45 second UFC fight that completely bombs Dana's network tv debut...yikes
    Telling the truth here love it.

12 Last