shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Mayweather paying for Joe Frazier's funeral

"My Condolences go out to the family of the late great Joe Frazier. #TheMoneyTeam will pay for his Funeral services."

- from his Twitter

Pretty awesome.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

he payed for the funeral services of genaro hernandez months ago...the man he won his first world title from.....hernandez had cancer and never made alot of money during his career.....floyd did it with minimal fanfare....rafael posted about it...it was on the espn boxing page....but not the main page....

floyd has respect for the game...and the history of it...its pocket change to him....but still

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

But of course the media won't make a big deal a bout this... cause good positive stories don't sell.. how could espn make floyd look like a villian if he does this.... good for you floyd

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3445

i love mayweather.. and i hope PacMan sacks up so he can show the world that Floyd is the man..

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: will2survive

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Very nice and respectful gesture.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Good stuff

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    But of course the media won't make a big deal a bout this... cause good positive stories don't sell.. how could espn make floyd look like a villian if he does this.... good for you floyd
    Yeah I was pretty surprised it hadn't been posted on here yet as it was from 3 days ago but I guess it just wasn't reported that much? I only found this trying to catch up on Twitter. One of the newspaper articles I read at the time of Joe's death said he had been hurting financially for quite awhile so I'm sure this will go a long way to helping his family out.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    "My Condolences go out to the family of the late great Joe Frazier. #TheMoneyTeam will pay for his Funeral services."

- from his Twitter

Pretty awesome.
    Awesome is paying for it and not telling the world, tweeting to 1.875M followers is classless.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

floyd doesnt mind looking like the villlain...it lines his pockets and he knows it....deep down hes a good guy with a good heart

i know some people who used to run into him at fights...and theyd start up a convo about boxing and they say he was the nicest guy...and they couldnt get him to stop talking about it

reality is that.....who is the last major black non heavyweight ppv star?.....roy, bernard, and shane were all great to very good fighters....but none of them were ppv stars like floyd

floyd and al haymon had a plan.....thats why they bought out floyds contract with bob arum for 6 figures.....floyd wanted to market himself differently...to the hip hop crowd.....arum wanted him to be the clean cut all american black kid with out of this world skills....floyd had been saying he wanted oscar....arum said it wouldnt sell and he didnt want to do it......well when floyd broke free...he did it.....and it was a record setter

it was a plan haymon had for floyd....and it worked to perfection....you should listen to the things arum used to say about floyd when he was still promoting him....that floyd was the total package....best since ali....even better because he combined everything so perfectly....now you should hear the shit he says

arum is the biggest block for floyd/pac...he cant stand that floyd broke away from him and became a shot caller

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
    Awesome is paying for it and not telling the world, tweeting to 1.875M followers is classless.

yer an asshole...who doesnt follow the sport...and know shit about whats going on...like i said...you have no clue who genaro hernandez was..or what floyd did for him and his family....and he did it without any fanfare...in fact...im sure you knew nothing about it prior to this thread

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

floyd is the man

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Yeah I was pretty surprised it hadn't been posted on here yet as it was from 3 days ago but I guess it just wasn't reported that much? I only found this trying to catch up on Twitter. One of the newspaper articles I read at the time of Joe's death said he had been hurting financially for quite awhile so I'm sure this will go a long way to helping his family out.
    That's the first thing I thought of is why couldn't Frazier family pay themselves. Sad to see these guys who are Legends and don't have jack to their name when they leave us. You'd think just in appearance fees these guys could make well into six figures a year.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgetsback View Post
    floyd is the man

I really hope the fight happens on May 5th. It's hilarious that nobody calls out Pac for moving up weight classes so suddenly. Everybody knew since Floyd was a young teen he was going to be a superstar. I can't wait to see Pac get out-pointed and maybe even knocked out.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Please. I think Floyd is one of the greatest fighters of all time........but lets put the anointing oil away about how great of a guy he is.

Great guys don't have numerous kids by numerous baby mamas....none of which they are married to. Not to mention the numerous arrests indictments he's had just this year. Plus the feel good video of him burning a $100 bill at a nightclub earlier this year. How special that was for all the children that look up to him!!

I think paying for Joe's funeral is great, but don't kid yourself that he didn't want attention for it. If not, why announce it via Twitter?

He's no role model.....that's for damn sure.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Please. I think Floyd is one of the greatest fighters of all time........but lets put the anointing oil away about how great of a guy he is.

Great guys don't have numerous kids by numerous baby mamas....none of which they are married to. Not to mention the numerous arrests indictments he's had just this year. Plus the feel good video of him burning a $100 bill at a nightclub earlier this year. How special that was for all the children that look up to him!!

I think paying for Joe's funeral is great, but don't kid yourself that he didn't want attention for it. If not, why announce it via Twitter?

children dont look up to him....they barely know who he is......

children dont pony up 60+ bucks for his fights in HD.....the videotaped burning of 100 bills isnt for the kids...its for the stupid...who think that shit is cool....you cant blame floyd for wanting stupid people to buy his fights....

you want to knock floyd about his kids and baby mothers....but pacquiao is a known adulterer....

like i said...the guy paid for a funeral of a guy that nobody else in this thread has ever even heard of.....with little fanfare...only that of hardcore fans

so whatever....typical though...many are blind to truth...especially about a sport they casually follow and get their info on from espn.....lets face it...you didnt even know who floyd was before 2007...

bobby heenan
    Update your status

you people who want to knock floyd for having kids with different women that he isnt married to...or court cases....

do some research into pac....hes just as bad....his wife has been loyal to him...been with him before he was even close to a megastar....and shes been humiliated in the tabloids over there......theres a video of them in a vegas church...and when the pastor starts talking about good, healthy, marriages...his wife breaks down into tears....her parents are furious with him and have even boycotted supporting him at times

lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME
    lemart5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Opie hates successful blacks lol.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

also one of the best tippers in las vegas!...known to give random people money on the strip!

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Floyd is by all accounts a great and loving father - all his kids are taken care of and you don't hear about him ducking child support like other high-profile athletes. It's unfortunate that the guy can't point a finger without it being called felony assault but it is what it is. Much of the criminal cases against him seem trumped up to the nth degree.

He's masterful at creating attention and single-handedly has kept boxing mainstream these past few years. PPV sales don't lie - Floyd's style in the ring would lull the instant gratification, blood seeking UFC demographic to sleep, but his theatrics outside of the ring prompt those same people to pony up $60 hoping he loses. They also put in their dumb ass $35 moneyline bets against him.

Floyd is one of the most gifted athletes in the world and his immaculate record, work ethic and generosity are amazing to witness. And I think Bobby Heenan owned this thread.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

floyd is a racist(remember how he slur out pacman on youtube before pac`s fight) insecure fuk who craves for attention. Oppie said it very well.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10214

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    children dont look up to him....they barely know who he is......

children dont pony up 60+ bucks for his fights in HD.....the videotaped burning of 100 bills isnt for the kids...its for the stupid...who think that shit is cool....you cant blame floyd for wanting stupid people to buy his fights....

you want to knock floyd about his kids and baby mothers....but pacquiao is a known adulterer....

like i said...the guy paid for a funeral of a guy that nobody else in this thread has ever even heard of.....with little fanfare...only that of hardcore fans

so whatever....typical though...many are blind to truth...especially about a sport they casually follow and get their info on from espn.....lets face it...you didnt even know who floyd was before 2007...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Heenan...don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

check out this racist motherfukerr, role model huh Ya fuking right!

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Floyd is by all accounts a great and loving father - all his kids are taken care of and you don't hear about him ducking child support like other high-profile athletes. It's unfortunate that the guy can't point a finger without it being called felony assault but it is what it is. Much of the criminal cases against him seem trumped up to the nth degree.

He's masterful at creating attention and single-handedly has kept boxing mainstream these past few years. PPV sales don't lie - Floyd's style in the ring would lull the instant gratification, blood seeking UFC demographic to sleep, but his theatrics outside of the ring prompt those same people to pony up $60 hoping he loses. They also put in their dumb ass $35 moneyline bets against him.

Floyd is one of the most gifted athletes in the world and his immaculate record, work ethic and generosity are amazing to witness. And I think Bobby Heenan owned this thread.
    no doubt lou

floyd is, and has been, one of my favorite athletes for years....long before most hear have even heard of him

it just irritates me when the uninformed, or just plain stupid, talk about him in a completely negative light...he isnt perfect....but he isnt a bad human being at all

and then you get the dummies who have no idea how he broke free from arums grip to become a superstar...and cant understand why that would irk arum....not to mention that floyd uses oscars(another minority who lefts arums control to become a megastar and start his own successful company) company as a liason to promote his fights

caseyman011
    caseyman011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I love how someone can call someone else 'classless' just because they tweeted that they're going to be doing something positive.

Pretty classless move IMO.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9740

floyd never beaten anyone, hell he almost lost his last fight and anyone that is unbiased knows he really lost 3 fights, but judges gave it to him, years ago

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Heenan...don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.
    u must have me confused with barry horrowitz my friend

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by AribaAriba View Post
    check out this racist motherfukerr, role model huh Ya fuking right!
    how is this no different from ali calling frazier a gorilla

how is this no different from ali trying to get wepner to call him a ******

how is this no different when "mexicans" fighters said de la hoya is a fake mexican

it is call hyping the fight to get more money in your pocket

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

- from his Twitter

Pretty awesome.
    Cool story guy

Welcome to 72 hours ago

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    floyd doesnt mind looking like the villlain...it lines his pockets and he knows it....deep down hes a good guy with a good heart

i know some people who used to run into him at fights...and theyd start up a convo about boxing and they say he was the nicest guy...and they couldnt get him to stop talking about it

reality is that.....who is the last major black non heavyweight ppv star?.....roy, bernard, and shane were all great to very good fighters....but none of them were ppv stars like floyd

floyd and al haymon had a plan.....thats why they bought out floyds contract with bob arum for 6 figures.....floyd wanted to market himself differently...to the hip hop crowd.....arum wanted him to be the clean cut all american black kid with out of this world skills....floyd had been saying he wanted oscar....arum said it wouldnt sell and he didnt want to do it......well when floyd broke free...he did it.....and it was a record setter

it was a plan haymon had for floyd....and it worked to perfection....you should listen to the things arum used to say about floyd when he was still promoting him....that floyd was the total package....best since ali....even better because he combined everything so perfectly....now you should hear the shit he says

arum is the biggest block for floyd/pac...he cant stand that floyd broke away from him and became a shot caller
    We have a winner.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    how is this no different from ali calling frazier a gorilla

how is this no different from ali trying to get wepner to call him a ******

how is this no different when "mexicans" fighters said de la hoya is a fake mexican

it is call hyping the fight to get more money in your pocket
    bingo...

but i bet these *****, if they were even watching at the time, were rooting for vargas to knock oscar the **** out.....

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post

Cool story guy

Welcome to 72 hours ago
    And as I said in my next post chick... I was surprised no one had mentioned it on here yet.

Thanks for the always worthwhile input though.

BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post

Well put. He's a egotistical clown. He did it for the publicity. Why else would he tweet it? He could have paid for it and not publicized but that's not his way.

The guy is a big goof and if they ever fight, Manny will eat him up.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BobHarvey View Post
    Well put. He's a egotistical clown. He did it for the publicity. Why else would he tweet it? He could have paid for it and not publicized but that's not his way.

The guy is a big goof and if they ever fight, Manny will eat him up.
    if arum ever gets the balls....and they do...i hope you bet with the same confidence that you talk about it with.....arum is a douche...but one thing he isnt..is stupid....theres a reason it hasnt happened....he knows its a nightmare matchup for pac....and if he did it two years ago he would have missed out on some nice paydays...

BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

I'll call my shot now. Manny will knock him out. And it will be a festive summer!

123 Last