LearningTree
    LearningTree's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Do you suffer with autism by any chance?

That's the best joke you can come up with? Eek.

I want to watch the best fighters fight each other. I don't try to live vicariously through MMA fighters and cheer for them no matter what, which is why I think so many MMA fans are such sad people. They cheer for Wanderlei based on the past. People retire in sports when they can't produce. It's not that big of a deal, yet in MMA, these mediocre fighters like Cro Cop and Wanderlei get paid big money based on their Pride days. They don't deliver now and haven't delivered in many years. They are mediocre fighters on a good day. And it's hilarious to me that their fans treat them like they're top fighters because it says a lot about them as individuals whether they realize it or not.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by LearningTree View Post

I want to watch the best fighters fight each other. I don't try to live vicariously through MMA fighters and cheer for them no matter what, which is why I think so many MMA fans are such sad people. They cheer for Wanderlei based on the past. People retire in sports when they can't produce. It's not that big of a deal, yet in MMA, these mediocre fighters like Cro Cop and Wanderlei get paid big money based on their Pride days. They don't deliver now and haven't delivered in many years. They are mediocre fighters on a good day. And it's hilarious to me that their fans treat them like they're top fighters because it says a lot about them as individuals whether they realize it or not.
    You're trying to sound reasonable and intelligent and it is failing. Fans develop love and respect for certain fighters, and want to see them succeed. No one thinks Wanderlei will be fighting for a title anytime soon, but those who have watched his fights and grown to admire him would like to see him do well as he possibly can until retirement.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

He gets paid what he gets paid because he is a fan favorite and puts asses in seats. He is a name that sells. Same with the film industry, actors whose names sell better cost more.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

It wasn't a joke dude, I was being serious!

SO did Wanderlei not deliver last night then? You do realise he was the underdog and won the fight last right? I assume you also think Big Nog is mediocre then?
    You're clearly one of these wannabe elitists who tries to make out that they only want to watch the "best fighters" fight each other, but do you define "best fighters"? Does this mean that you only want to watch GSP fight somebody like Jon Fitch every few months? Or watch Anderson Silva fight Jon Jones repeatedly? There can't just be elite fighters, there has to be a middle level and a lower level - but just because they are at a lower to middle level doesn't make them mediocre fighters, they are still in the top 0.000001% of the best on the planet!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MMAbetMASTA

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Thanks bro. Sounds like round 3 is going to be brutal for a certain somebody.
    Hope u didn't have too much on Kingsbu bro!

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Great Fight! But none of these warriors has a chance against Jones...

LearningTree

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    He gets paid what he gets paid because he is a fan favorite and puts asses in seats. He is a name that sells. Same with the film industry, actors whose names sell better cost more.
    Sigh...I know that. This isn't the film industry or pro wrestling. I'm not going to root for a guy that still swings like a retard because he could possibly KO someone. Anyone that is a fan of that is an idiot. Plain and simple. But somehow I'm the stupid one. I wish MMA fans weren't so stupid. Maybe one day that will happen.

LearningTree

It wasn't a joke dude, I was being serious!

SO did Wanderlei not deliver last night then? You do realise he was the underdog and won the fight last right? I assume you also think Big Nog is mediocre then?
    You're clearly one of these wannabe elitists who tries to make out that they only want to watch the "best fighters" fight each other, but do you define "best fighters"? Does this mean that you only want to watch GSP fight somebody like Jon Fitch every few months? Or watch Anderson Silva fight Jon Jones repeatedly? There can't just be elite fighters, there has to be a middle level and a lower level - but just because they are at a lower to middle level doesn't make them mediocre fighters, they are still in the top 0.000001% of the best on the planet!
    Oh you were being serious! Yes I have autism! I've had it my whole life!

Big Nog is a mediocre fighter and has had a mediocre UFC career. Anyone that argues against that is a complete and utter moron. If you want to watch Pride, go watch Pride events for the rest of your life, but stop praising fighters that are currently mediocre for what they did years ago. It's absolutely retarded. That's why MMA fans are such sad people...for the millionth time...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Sigh...I know that. This isn't the film industry or pro wrestling. I'm not going to root for a guy that still swings like a retard because he could possibly KO someone. Anyone that is a fan of that is an idiot. Plain and simple. But somehow I'm the stupid one. I wish MMA fans weren't so stupid. Maybe one day that will happen.
    A retard wouldn't of known to put the Thai plum on Cung and deliver 4 crushing knees to his face!

Let's not feed the troll people!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Oh you were being serious! Yes I have autism! I've had it my whole life!

Big Nog is a mediocre fighter and has had a mediocre UFC career. Anyone that argues against that is a complete and utter moron. If you want to watch Pride, go watch Pride events for the rest of your life, but stop praising fighters that are currently mediocre for what they did years ago. It's absolutely retarded. That's why MMA fans are such sad people...for the millionth time...
    http://www.livingwithaspergers.com/

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ideally for real MMA fans if everyone was well educated on the sport it might be better. For me and for most betting on the sport though we prefer these stupid MMA fans because they move lines to places where we can easily beat them. Best thing you can do is just relax and let stupidity go while making your money.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    Ideally for real MMA fans if everyone was well educated on the sport it might be better. For me and for most betting on the sport though we prefer these stupid MMA fans because they move lines to places where we can easily beat them. Best thing you can do is just relax and let stupidity go while making your money.
    Tht doesnt make sense with this dude though...surely the "stupid MMA fans" were the ones who were betting on Cug Le last night? Surely if EarlyLearningTree thinks Wanderlei is such a can then he'd of had thousands on Cung Le last night?! And Im get the feeling that that may well of been the case and is why he's so butthurt and so anti-Pride right now!

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

So brown left his neck exposed again, eh?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    yee gotta be pissed big time

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

There can't just be elite fighters, there has to be a middle level and a lower level - but just because they are at a lower to middle level doesn't make them mediocre fighters, they are still in the top 0.000001% of the best on the planet!
    This is TRUTH. I find it hilarious when anybody criticizes any of these guys. The most "faded" fighter in the UFC would probably destroy 99.9999% of the people on the planet in a fight. Not to mention -- beat 99% of other people in every other organizations. The UFC is the best of the best. And a great "b-grade war" is still EPIC entertainment! And if you don't agree -- you're NOT a fan of MMA IMO.

LearningTree

A retard wouldn't of known to put the Thai plum on Cung and deliver 4 crushing knees to his face!

Let's not feed the troll people!
    You are a very dumb person and are seemingly oblivious to it. I'm just telling you now for future reference. And you aren't funny in the slightest, which makes it even worse.

the chef
    the chef's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2823

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    When will he learn

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

surely the "stupid MMA fans" were the ones who were betting on Cung Le last night?
    Thanks.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

You are a very dumb person and are seemingly oblivious to it. I'm just telling you now for future reference. And you aren't funny in the slightest, which makes it even worse.
    So how much did you bet on Cung Le then smart guy?

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Calling who's possibly the sharpest MMA handicapper on these boards a "very dumb person" -- certainly doesn't make you sound very bright. You've got 1 foot in the grave.

scofflaw
    scofflaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    Calling who's possibly the sharpest MMA handicapper on these boards a "very dumb person" -- certainly doesn't make you sound very bright. You've got 1 foot in the grave.
    Yep. We love ya Vaughnay.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

WTF are you getting on about with your drivel??? You butthurt after losing coin on Cung Le?

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

this is criminal to me, who the fuk is cung le? seriously... The shit being said about this guy's abilities going into the matchup were completely based on assumptions and it showed. Maybe the ppv numbers will prove me wrong but I still wouldn't get how his payroll is justified.

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?opti...:organizations

brooks85

icing on the cake tho, i just realized i got first place in the dsi contest and it always seem urge2kill is in payout, nice work.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Nice one, what do you win?

brooks85

$325 freeplay, wish i would have saw it before the packers game

First ... 891011