shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

Manny vs. Marquez

Now this should be an amazing fight. It will definetly have back story, and we wont have to worry about marquez fighting like clottey or shane.

I see manny taking this, and by ko. I feel manny will be ultra aggressive in this to try to perform better than floyd did against marquez

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

I like manny by decision myself, jmm is ridiculously tough and resilient.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Manny bigger, stronger and faster at the weight they will be fighting at. Easy ko win for Manny over a future hall of famer in Marquez, who is no longer elite. If Arum doesn't make the Floyd fight happen in 2012 he should be shunned by HBO and Showtime.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Early prediction is manny by ko/tko within 9 rounds. This could change based on training videos/interviews etc but I think this will be more than likely the play. Freddie Roach will study marquez day and night to come up with a solid game plan. Manny wants to knock out marquez because of marquez talking/complaining that he thinks he won the 1st two fights with pacquiao. Also pacquiao's last fight vs mosley was a touch gloves contest with shane luring manny into just being friends in the ring with not much of a fight and after the fight you see mosley going to hug manny (basically thanking him for the paycheck and not killing him) and manny walked away in disgust because he knows the fight was not entertaining. Manny is on a mission to ko marquez trust me. Marquez at 144 + he's aged a bit to where he got knocked down by a cab driver named michael katsidis.. so there's nothing that leads me to believe marquez will last longer than 8-9 rounds IF that.

Like I said this prediction could change but this is the early lean.

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Manny bigger, stronger and faster at the weight they will be fighting at. Easy ko win for Manny over a future hall of famer in Marquez, who is no longer elite. If Arum doesn't make the Floyd fight happen in 2012 he should be shunned by HBO and Showtime.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

In before someone says they're picking JMM.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Just got sent a link where Manny's promoter, Bob Arum, said the fight with Mayweather will never happen because Floyd is scared of Manny's right hand. Get the f outta here with that nonsense and tell the truth Bob. You don't want the fight to happen for 2 reasons; you hate Floyd with a passion for leaving you and making more money without you and you are scared your guy Manny could lose to Floyd. Manny needs to step up and tell Arum to make the fight happen or he is done with him. No court will side with Arum if Manny leaves to get a Mayweather fight made.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Decent value here:
    Pacquiao wins by KO ("KO" includes: KO, TKO, and winning by disqualification) or unanimous dec. -475
    at 5 dimes

I don't understand the odds here. Pacquiao straight up is -1000 -- and by KO and dec. it's -475? What am I missing here?

ghost kid
    ghost kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35576

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    Decent value here:
    Pacquiao wins by KO ("KO" includes: KO, TKO, and winning by disqualification) or unanimous dec. -475
    at 5 dimes

I don't understand the odds here. Pacquiao straight up is -1000 -- and by KO and dec. it's -475? What am I missing here?
    That prop does not include draw, tech decision, split decision, or majority decision. Any of those results happen - the bet loses. They are very specific with the wording. Gotta be careful.

But yes, in this scenario, it would seem a nice option. Agree.

TheCalculator

Ghost Kid -- are you "Fight Ghost" that was here: http://dissectmma.com/betting_analys...er-episode-13/

ghost kid
    ghost kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35576

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    Ghost Kid -- are you "Fight Ghost" that was here: http://dissectmma.com/betting_analys...er-episode-13/
    Yes sir. Would change my SBR handle to Fight_Ghost as well, but not sure the forum has a name change option.
    Last edited by ghost kid; 10-31-11 at 11:44 PM.

TheCalculator

Quote Originally Posted by ghost kid View Post

Yes sir. Would change my SBR handle to Fight_Ghost as well, but not sure the forum has a name change option.
    I enjoyed your thoughts.