Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

My First Bombing

I completely BOMBED that card. Guillard cost me major $, and I had alot of Aldo inside the distance, and Stephens as the dog.

varkolek
    varkolek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2430

I had Aldo-Florian going the distance. I bet 5% on Guillard. But I lost big on Sonnen. I had a 5% stake on Sonnen by decision hedged against Stann to win. I also won on Ben Saunders but only bet 2.5%, and I lost on Sokoudjou. And I lost on Edgar by decision.

Total winnings were about 300, total losses were 560.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    I completely BOMBED that card. Guillard cost me major $, and I had alot of Aldo inside the distance, and Stephens as the dog.
    It happens, don't sweat it. I went 0-8 on UFC 109, lost a horse-choking amount of money. It's one long game, if you're making +EV bets you'll come out winners in the end. Best of luck.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

I've gone 5-1 the last two events but lost both times on my biggest wagers so only won a fraction of what I should have each time.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    I've gone 5-1 the last two events but lost both times on my biggest wagers so only won a fraction of what I should have each time.
    I won most of my bets today, but went bigger than I planned on on Florian and Maynard, I kept adding money til the minute the fight started... That was a huge mistake, I would have won a lot more if I hadn't gone overboard on Ken Flo and gray.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    Don't worry man you'll bounce back. I've lost 3 of the past 5 events, my first losing events in months. Got pretty hard on myself about at first and was all upset like a little poon. It happens... I've realized everyone hits their rough patch here and there, no matter how good you think you are at breaking down fights. Just keep taking in all perspectives and insight from different sources while remaining objective, have confidence and go with gut instinct, and have good bankroll management - in the end you should be making money with your plays. This is my simple philosophy. we'll see if it holds up over the course of the next few months haha.

And yea I'm learning both here and on sherdog forum that guillard ruined people tonight, pretty crazy... I didn't play him on anything, but I'll admit I thought he was gonna blast jlau outta the water and take his dome off. Big shocker, I couldn't believe it when I was watching with my boys. Sorry fellas, but remember good players bounce back - so don't trip!

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

i'm 1-39 streak

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    Don't worry man you'll bounce back. I've lost 3 of the past 5 events, my first losing events in months. Got pretty hard on myself about at first and was all upset like a little poon. It happens... I've realized everyone hits their rough patch here and there, no matter how good you think you are at breaking down fights. Just keep taking in all perspectives and insight from different sources while remaining objective, have confidence and go with gut instinct, and have good bankroll management - in the end you should be making money with your plays. This is my simple philosophy. we'll see if it holds up over the course of the next few months haha.

And yea I'm learning both here and on sherdog forum that guillard ruined people tonight, pretty crazy... I didn't play him on anything, but I'll admit I thought he was gonna blast jlau outta the water and take his dome off. Big shocker, I couldn't believe it when I was watching with my boys. Sorry fellas, but remember good players bounce back - so don't trip!
    Yea man I made a decent profit on my first UFC card (Ellenberger, Koch, and Court). Then, Rothwell ruined my second UFC card where I barely broke even. I'm going to make sure to keep my ticket much simpler and solid next time around. I seemed to have gone overboard in terms of the amount of betting I did on this event and will take the failures of this event with into 137.