SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Frank Edgar will retain his belt tomorrow.

I normally do not stick my neck out here like this and say something will happen because i know ANYTHING can happen .. however ... i feel strongly that edgar will retain his belt .... I think Maynard is a choker ... great fighter .... but he blew it on TUF, and he blew it in the last, he had Edgar dead to rights, and he couldnt finish him.
    I also think Edgar repeats his rematch performance against Penn and comes out very solid. I like Maynard as a fighter, more so then i like Edgar, however .... i just dont see Maynard winning ...

edgar -130 is good value.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

I agree. I think the Maynard storyline has become he gassed himself out in round one and never recovered. I think the story line should be, he hit Edgar with the best shot of his life, and still couldn't win.

I hope he wins anyway, I've had my bet on him sitting there for about 6 months.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I'm also sick of the Maynard storyline. Yes, Maynard was responsible for gassing himself out, but Edgar still has superior cardio. If this fight goes to decision, I see Edgar winning this fight.

Maynard's best chance is catching Edgar early, and actually finishing this time. Edgar is the more well-rounded fighter.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

you guys could be right...but i doubt that maynard is gonna stand outside again and let frankie play whirling dervish...i think that maynard tries to use his size and wrestling this time around....i think he tries to take edgar down early and damage him.....

wouldn`t make much sense to make the same mistakes again....i see a different gameplan.....

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    you guys could be right...but i doubt that maynard is gonna stand outside again and let frankie play whirling dervish...i think that maynard tries to use his size and wrestling this time around....i think he tries to take edgar down early and damage him.....

wouldn`t make much sense to make the same mistakes again....i see a different gameplan.....

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post

He's not afraid to take shots from edgar, and he's shown that in both fights. His best success is to come in through the jab with a hard right and rattle frankie, then fake the same thing and hit the takedown. Great success doing that in their first fight.

He didn't outpoint edgar on strikes in the first or second fight really, just takedowns and damage.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

maynard looked thin and sickly at weigh-ins yesterday.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I am stoked for this fight!!!!!!

I think the fight odds should be EV, so I took the plus money and hoping Maynard goes back to how's he's dominated the lightweight division. I see Maynard's ground game to be the deciding factor.

SportsPedagogy

Oh shit! Cecil Peoples is a judge tonight ! abort, Abort ! Lol jk. But now ... Thus will e interesting

SportsPedagogy

he was +450 after the first ... should have live bet him

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

congrats guys...maynard did the exact same thing.....only this time,frankie turned up the heat....

horrible loss for maynard.....fell asleep again after a big first round.....he has no place to go as long as edgar`s champ......

again,well done....

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    he was +450 after the first ... should have live bet him
    Yep!
    Attached Images  

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Yep!
    Very nice...now tht is not Gabe-tarded!

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Very nice...now tht is not Gabe-tarded!

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

You hit the nail on the head here. Maynard is a choker. He didn't even fight in the 2nd round, just totally gave it away. It allowed Edgar to get a rhythm and clear his head. Maynard was so afraid of blowing his wad that he never totally shot it.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice calll