Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Does Maynard beat Edgar this time?

What do you guys think? I'm leaning towards Maynard on this one, I don't see him coming that close to winning in the last fight, and not taking the title this time. Any thoughts guys?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Only way he loses is if he gets caught.

If it goes to a decision, it's his.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

I'm assuming by your pronouns that the first "he" refers to Edgar?
    I'm suspect about Edgar stealing a decision win as well, but I imagine that Maynard is going to swarm all over Edgar this fight.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

i think this fight will look a bit like cruz and faber. I think maynard will cut of the ring better this time. But at the same time, i think edgar is very good to adjust. And he also has a cardio advantage. If the fight goes the distance he may end up getting the decision if its very close also.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

im on maynard, its his fight to lose.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

At current odds have to go with Maynard by decision

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

how? edgar doesnt bite on his takedowns, and he struggles with edgars rhythm on the feet. He is in fact the one that gets taken down, and outstruck.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    how? edgar doesnt bite on his takedowns, and he struggles with edgars rhythm on the feet. He is in fact the one that gets taken down, and outstruck.
    Yeah but that's based on the last fight after he dominated Edgar in first round then got carried away and just went for the one punch finish instead of fighting smart. Maynard hardly looked for the takedown in last fight. Im counting on him being smarter this fight and going back to the strategy that worked in the first fight

brooks85

huh? struggles with edgar's rhythm?

did you see the first fight or the first round of the last one, or the 3rd or 5th rounds of the fight?

I didnt see much struggling, i saw a tired maynard who gassed himself out in the first round...

Maynard will catch edgar again.

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Will likely be a replay of the first fight but the price is right for Maynard this time. He was favored in the first fight and after a draw is now a dog, I'll bite.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

i see value on maynard by 5 round unanimous decision - currently +345 on 5dimes.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    I'm assuming by your pronouns that the first "he" refers to Edgar?
    I'm suspect about Edgar stealing a decision win as well, but I imagine that Maynard is going to swarm all over Edgar this fight.
    no, was talking about maynard

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    no, was talking about maynard
    So u wer sayin that if it goes distance only Edgar can win?!

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

on maynard at +135...

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    So u wer sayin that if it goes distance only Edgar can win?!
    No, I said Maynard would take the decision. Only way I see Edgar winning is by catching Maynard with a clean KO, which ain't gonna be easy.

Semt3x
    Semt3x's Avatar Become A Pro!

Definitely value on Maynard

SATERSTYLE
    FLAWLESS QUEEN BRITNEY
    SATERSTYLE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3291

Only way I see Edgar winning is by catching Maynard with a clean KO
    As time goes on your posts just keep getting dumber

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

I'll take Maynard at +130. Also like him by Dec. at +250. Close fight again but he will come in with the right plan this time and won't gas early.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by SATERSTYLE View Post
    As time goes on your posts just keep getting dumber
    Yeah, really dumb to say that I don't see Edgar dominating Maynard enough to earn a decision. So dumb to have an opinion on a fight between two men, I don't know what I was thinking.

I think your problem is that as time goes by, you keep getting dumber. Considering your punctuation/grammar sucks, that seems likely.

Giblets
    Giblets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4726

It is kind of weird to say that the only way you can see Edgar winning is by KO when you can actually watch their last fight and "see" another way that Edgar could win.

I realize you don't think that it's going to go the same way but clearly it's a possibility.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Giblets View Post
    It is kind of weird to say that the only way you can see Edgar winning is by KO when you can actually watch their last fight and "see" another way that Edgar could win.

I realize you don't think that it's going to go the same way but clearly it's a possibility.
    Edgar can definetly win some rounds, but I don't think he can win enough to win the decision, especially since this time I don't think Maynard will gas out so early. He will be coming to this fight prepared to win all five rounds, i don't think he will make the same mistakes...

Only mistake I see him making is being too aggressive and getting caught.

Yes, clearly it's a possibility that Edgar can win by decision. Anything is a possibility. I just personally feel if that it goes to a decision, it is going to be Maynard's for the taking, so I would see Frankie Edgar via Decision as a waste of money bet.

SATERSTYLE
    FLAWLESS QUEEN BRITNEY

Only way I see Edgar winning is by catching Maynard with a clean KO, which ain't gonna be easy.
    You do realize that you are implying that there is no possibility of Edgar winning by decision or submission

Yes, clearly it's a possibility that Edgar can win by decision. Anything is a possibility.
    I guess not

I have concluded that you are either legitimately retarded or a troll. By the way if you want to try and call someone out for punctuation and grammar on the internet you might as well learn how to spell and stop using run on sentences

retard troll

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by SATERSTYLE View Post
    You do realize that you are implying that there is no possibility of Edgar winning by decision or submission

I guess not

I have concluded that you are either legitimately retarded or a troll. By the way if you want to try and call someone out for punctuation and grammar on the internet you might as well learn how to spell and stop using run on sentences

retard troll
    What did I misspell, son? The post in which I am responding now is full of punctuation errors, so go back to school, kiddo.

Only thing I realize is that I am participating in an online chat about a UFC fight without worrying about shitheads like you nitpicking at every little thing I say. Giving opinions on any of this is irrelevant because absolutely anything could happen in the fights, you moron. Just because I don't see Frankie Edgar winning this fight any way besides a KO does not mean it is impossible. Just because I feel like that would be his only chance to win this fight does not make it so, it only makes it a personal opinion and represents my confidence in Gray Maynard. But I guess you really look up to me like I'm your God, so every word I say is Gospel to you, eh? I'll keep that in mind before giving any more personal opinions on fights.

SATERSTYLE
    FLAWLESS QUEEN BRITNEY

I will keep that in mind the next time I have to use the word definetly

Just so you know if anyone needs a remedial English class it is you

and most people don't really care about grammar on the internet, least of all should be you considering you don't know what a clause is

travismcilrath
    travismcilrath's Avatar Become A Pro!

edgar all day

travismcilrath
    travismcilrath's Avatar Become A Pro!

but these two are always a good fight to watch no matter what

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16896

The value is obviously on Maynard, it's just not enough for me. The fight's just too damn competitive.

Lot of easy favorites on this one, I'd go for the 6 or 7 leg round robin from 3's on them.

Pettis is not one of them.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I hope Edgar drops to fight Aldo after he loses this.

ddream1
    ddream1's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think there is great value in maynard via dec, but for me and the way i see this fight i just don't think maynard wins on his feet and i have little confidence he can get it down enough to win, i think edgar's pace and running will actually generate timely takedowns for himself putting the nail in maynard's "grind". edgar to me controls the pace and stand up and again i think that will control takedown stuffs and allow takedowns. edgar to me doesn't get caught in the 1st or say 2nd he is fine. does maynard really have that power after 10mins. does maynard really have a plan B if he is struggling to catch edgar or cannot generate takedowns....i think maynard has to win like couture. needs to use the clinch and fence, tie edgar up, weigh down on him, dirty box and be really patient on that takedown. just my thoughts, he is in the right camp for that and he has that skill set to do it. either way i enjoyed there last fight, and im really excited for this one. im on edgar for a half unit

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by jacktheknife View Post
    The value is obviously on Maynard, it's just not enough for me. The fight's just too damn competitive.

Lot of easy favorites on this one, I'd go for the 6 or 7 leg round robin from 3's on them.

Pettis is not one of them.

ya my feelings too, though i like maynard in this there is other fights ill put more risk on than betting big against edgar.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Rooting for Maynard here, and do like some value on him... but I've been burned by betting against that elusive water bug Edgar before... so may just stay away.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

I think we will see a trend where Edgar will come back with a more refined strategy and confidence this fight with Maynard, the same did with his back to back fight with BJ. Although, at the same time I wouldn't be surprised to see Maynard catch at some stage of the fight like he did in the first round of their second fight.

Overall I think the current line is about right. I'll probably only bet on it the night of the fight if I do well on the rest of the card. Its always fun to have a bit of action on the line with these 5 round title fight wars.
    Last edited by bogbat; 10-04-11 at 11:46 AM.

Nick The Greek
    Nick The Greek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Maynard by Decision. I think he puts Edgar on his back and holds him there for 5 rounds. Sure it's boring, but Gray is capable of doing it and if he does accomplish it he won't have to worry about judges scoring the fight for Edgar. Just win baby.

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

If Maynard gets Edgar in trouble this time around I think he will be much smarter about it, I think he learned to stick to the game plan after last fight. That combined with some + money has got me on Maynard for this one.

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16896

Quote Originally Posted by Nick The Greek View Post
    Maynard by Decision. I think he puts Edgar on his back and holds him there for 5 rounds. Sure it's boring, but Gray is capable of doing it and if he does accomplish it he won't have to worry about judges scoring the fight for Edgar. Just win baby.
    That's what everyone thought last time. Edgar wasn't having.

Stuffing Eddie Alvarez all day will do that.

12 Last